Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 8, 2019, 04:09 PM   #3781
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Get it while it’s hot! Finally the price it should have been at release. $714.99. Still not buying!(B-Stock open box)

https://www.cdw.com/product/pny-gefo...730836?pfm=srh
I already got one of those

https://www.dewalt.com/products/outd...-kit/dcbl770x1

…….
the strix had dropped 70 bucks the last time I checked
the good ones are dropping a bit
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 04:16 PM   #3782
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I already got one of those

https://www.dewalt.com/products/outd...-kit/dcbl770x1

…….
the strix had dropped 70 bucks the last time I checked
the good ones are dropping a bit
If you want a cheap 2080 Ti this is it!
Big difference between a drop of $500 and a drop of $70.
I think their stock system is messed up on this one though, I see people buying these on slickdeals and redidit and its still in stock, I really doubt it. The MSI one lasted only about a half hour and this one has been up all day.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 06:40 PM   #3783
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
If you want a cheap 2080 Ti this is it!
Big difference between a drop of $500 and a drop of $70.
I think their stock system is messed up on this one though, I see people buying these on slickdeals and redidit and its still in stock, I really doubt it. The MSI one lasted only about a half hour and this one has been up all day.
285 the MSRP of the cheap non founders edition was always 999

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13346...edition-review

it is just they didn't come out for a long time and few made them
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 20, 2019, 01:02 AM   #3784
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Still worth indulging in this POS? I am wondering since BL3 is giving me about 70 FPS in game and 61 in the bench. I like my FPS games to hover around the 90-100 mark. Heck even Metro was a consistent 80+ FPS. 1440P of course.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 08:19 AM   #3785
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Still worth indulging in this POS? I am wondering since BL3 is giving me about 70 FPS in game and 61 in the bench. I like my FPS games to hover around the 90-100 mark. Heck even Metro was a consistent 80+ FPS. 1440P of course.
Nope, wait for 3080Ti. 6-9 short months.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:33 AM   #3786
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Nope, wait for 3080Ti. 6-9 short months.
Nah he deserves to wait for the 4080Ti instead.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:26 PM   #3787
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Any gay willing to post their BL3 1440P max detail bench w/ 4x AA.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:41 PM   #3788
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Any gay willing to post their BL3 1440P max detail bench w/ 4x AA.
I'd do it if I owned the game.

yoz
Old Oct 20, 2019, 02:23 PM   #3789
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I'd do it if I owned the game.
same and don't buy epic exclusives

https://techgage.com/article/borderl...-benchmarking/
Old Oct 20, 2019, 04:40 PM   #3790
KAC
That postcount though...

59 to 87 seems quite a sizable jump.
I am pushing 70 fps so might actually hit the 90s-100s w/ a 2080 Ti.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 09:36 PM   #3791
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Ampere rumours are currently in the works. Someone start a new thread!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 09:46 PM   #3792
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Ampere rumours are currently in the works. Someone start a new thread!

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34050062

Old Oct 29, 2019, 09:48 PM   #3793
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Too far down the list. Start a new thread.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 01:19 PM   #3794
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

I broke down and got a 2080ti, went as cheap as I could since it's a stopgap card for me until hdmi 2.1 support is available.

Got boned for it too. Evga b-stock 2080ti xc ultra. Trashed right out of the box.

1. Removed AMD driver, rebooted into safe mode, ran DDU. Shut down.
2. Installed nvidia card, booted the system, and loaded latest game ready driver.

Division 2 went a couple minutes, then soft locked. Ended task. Can't get past the splash screen now, same result. FarCry 5 sometimes makes it to the main menu then soft locks. Other times, I get green gibberish/garbage all over the screen.

Ran the above process again only this time let Windows install it's own driver. Same result.

Event viewer shows, nvidia driver crashes.

Can't do anything about it either until next week. Evga charges a 15% restock on returns so I can't go out and buy something else at this point other wise I'd go get one from best buy which is what I should've done to begin with and paid the extra 250 for a new one.

Can't be arsed to put the radeon back in now.

FML
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 04:14 PM   #3795
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

How much did you pay for that b-stock lol
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 06:28 PM   #3796
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

think I would try a new windows 10 install on a old spare hard drive and see if it does the same with a fresh install
Old Nov 2, 2019, 06:39 PM   #3797
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

If your onscreen artifacts look like they belong in space invaders you probably have a card from the defective batch.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 06:50 PM   #3798
Riptide

It was 970. About 250 less than a retail card I could've picked up at BB. I took a risk on b-stock, and got burned.

Mostly it just soft-locks with driver crash events in event viewer. The far cry deal though, you do actually see half a screen of odd flickering green along with the soft-lock.

Not gonna bother with a reinstall of the OS. What I need is another nvidia 20 series card to swap in and see what happens. Quickest, easiest way to rule out hardware at that point. Considering the radeon 7 worked fine, and probably eats as much or more power than this 2080, hardware seems like the most likely cause given the situation.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Nov 2, 2019, 07:06 PM   #3799
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

still sounds more software to me

switching from AMD to NV or the other way can f things up or

reload latest NV driver again

I have had to reload NV drivers in the past to get them working

are you using geforce experience ?
if so try a direct download
Old Nov 2, 2019, 07:14 PM   #3800
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Card is probably defective. Sounds like the memory is bad, causing the soft-locks and the green artifacting.

You could try downclocking the memory through Precision X1 and see if that helps your case.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:09 PM   #3801
Riptide

It was the card. I got one at best buy and swapped it in. Immediately, able to play through an entire mission in TD2 now. Night/day difference.

Apparently the QC on their b-stock needs to be improved.

I'm keeping the one from best buy, asking for a refund on the b-stock, and salvaging what I can from this self-inflicted disaster.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:29 PM   #3802
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Why pay a restocking fee? Just RMA the card back to EVGA. You have the poopy R7 to fill in until you get a card back. Even though it's B-Stock it should still have a minimum 15 day warranty.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:52 PM   #3803
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Why pay a restocking fee? Just RMA the card back to EVGA. You have the poopy R7 to fill in until you get a card back. Even though it's B-Stock it should still have a minimum 15 day warranty.
This. EVGA cannot sell a clearly defective product, RMA it.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:56 PM   #3804
Riptide

At this point now that I have one that works I don't want to mess with it any more. Probably won't buy another b-stock after this. Once bitten twice shy.

I'm going to try and get the restock waived. Their service is supposed to be very good so we'll see if they will bend the rules.

I know this type of thing happens (bad hardware) even with good QC processes. I did end up buying one of their cards, from a retailer, so I'm hoping they'll just let me pay the return ship and refund the rest to me. If they don't, then I will be disappointed.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:59 PM   #3805
acroig
Master Troll

Well good luck, hope you get your $ back in full.

yoz
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:02 AM   #3806
Riptide

Thanks I hope so too. Regardless, the gpu is pretty fantastic. Need to update my sig. Noticeably faster in TD2 4k/60, vs. the Radeon 7. To be expected no doubt.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:13 AM   #3807
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Thanks I hope so too. Regardless, the gpu is pretty fantastic. Need to update my sig. Noticeably faster in TD2 4k/60, vs. the Radeon 7. To be expected no doubt.
Yeah, solid card, high price. I got mine at Best Buy and they gave me 2 years no interest to pay for it. I'm always happy to use no interest credit to pay for my toys, don't know that I would have done it otherwise.

yoz
Old Nov 3, 2019, 01:00 AM   #3808
Riptide

What is the best to use for an evga card?

Their precision x software or afterburner?
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Nov 3, 2019, 08:41 AM   #3809
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
What is the best to use for an evga card?

Their precision x software or afterburner?
Both are the same, go with the one you feel most comfortable with. For me, it's AF.

yoz
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:23 AM   #3810
KAC
That postcount though...

There is a Best Buy in SF very close to me. I am considering hitting it up for a 2080 Ti.