Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 23, 2020, 06:33 PM   #3031
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
So...what else does 2020 have in store for us?
Pandemic? check
Murder hornets? check
Cicada infestation? ...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/us/ci...rnd/index.html

Snack time
Old May 23, 2020, 07:12 PM   #3032
X-Nemesis
Radeon R520

X-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyX-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Can somebody in the know explain something to me.

People have been dying in the tens of thousands every year from the Flu and the flu vaccine has been around for a long time, so that vaccine isn't foolproof.

How is a vaccine that needs to be foolproof so those in charge can declare we're all safe 'guaranteed' because any death means utter failure, ever going to be developed if a proven vaccine hasn't been produced for the common flu?
X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 07:28 PM   #3033
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post

People have been dying in the tens of thousands every year from the Flu and the flu vaccine has been around for a long time, so that vaccine isn't foolproof.

How is a vaccine that needs to be foolproof so those in charge can declare we're all safe 'guaranteed' because any death means utter failure, ever going to be developed if a proven vaccine hasn't been produced for the common flu?
Flu shots target active strains for the current season. Every year there are new flu strains so you need a new shot. For every strain you get a vaccine for your are immune. Corona virus vaccine, when available, will protect you from it. But not the next pandemic.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 23, 2020, 07:29 PM   #3034
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post

not really in the know but
Quote:
Results
Among adults aged ≥18 years, coverage was 37.1%, 6.2 percentage points lower than coverage during the 2016–17 season (43.3%; Figure 1).

Coverage for 2017-18 was lower for every age group compared to the 2016–17 season (Figure 2). For all adult age groups, flu vaccination coverage estimates in the 2017–18 season were at their lowest levels compared with the seven prior flu seasons. For the 2017-18 season, flu vaccination coverage increased with age, from 26.9% among adults 18-49 years to 59.6% among adults ≥65 years (Figure 2).

There was large between-state variability in flu coverage among adults, ranging from 29.2% in Louisiana to 46.3% in West Virginia (Figure 3). The decrease in coverage among adults for 2017-18 compared to 2016-17 occurred in 37 states; in 13 states and DC the coverage did not change from the last season.

Among adults, coverage during the 2017–18 season decreased for all racial/ethnic groups compared with the 2016–17 season except for American Indian/Alaska Natives (Table 1). Similar to the 2016–17 season, significant differences in flu vaccination coverage were observed between racial/ethnic groups: Non-Hispanic white adults and Asian adults had higher coverage than all other racial/ethnic groups; Hispanic adults had lower flu vaccination coverage than all other racial/ethnic groups.

Among adults, 78% of vaccinations during the 2017–18 season had been received by the end of November, similar to the 2016–17 season (77%) (Figure 4). Coverage by end of November 2017 was 3.0 percentage points lower than by end of November 2016; by end of January 2018, coverage was 5.5 percentage points lower compared with January 2017.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/c...8estimates.htm

way too many don't get the shots
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 01:48 AM   #3035
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

Snack time
Old May 24, 2020, 10:57 AM   #3036
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I don't know what you're looking at but several countries, including France, have had spikes and second waves.

I also hope this would just go away but I think the reality is it's gonna be here until a vaccine is developed.
I'm lookng at the daily infection rate, and France and the other countries are pretty low new cases numbers. The spikes are pretty tiny.

Ofcourse it's going to stay in a sense, but it's pretty fairly limited.

I mean when you look at places that got it earlier they peak then start to drop due to social distancing or lockdown.

Germany has been fairly open for a while now, hell I got my haircut 3 weeks ago. The cases went up by a hundred or two but then start going down again.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 11:28 AM   #3037
Jay20016
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Other countries are not like the states. We have.... a different breed here. The community we bought a house in has a community pool, playground, dog park, etc. all of which have been closed since mid March. Yesterday was the first day that all of them were open. The HOA posted signs everywhere suggesting the new capacity on the pool deck, maintaining social distancing, etc. They arranged the chairs all spaced out and tied the others up behind the pool pump house. Saw then doing that yesterday on the morning dog walk. Go for the afternoon walk and every chair is out, the pool is completely full to the brim with kids and adults with no free section along any of the walls.

The stories we tell ourselves about our "rugged individualism" while we wax poetic on American exceptionalism is just a euphemism for careless, base, ignorance. We can do amazing things but we're far to selfish and lazy and pumped up on our illusory superiority to really deliver on that promise. That people are being shot because someone told them they need to wear a face mask before entering a store is telling. That some see wearing said face mask (or not) as a way to tell which political party you belong to is telling. That, even despite the rancor and bile leveled at China for "hiding" the numbers we are mum on the states doing the exact same thing in their rush to reopen.

It is why the term 'Merica is both sardonic and celebratory. Both a critique and call to arms in a war on intellectualism we are seemingly losing.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 03:08 PM   #3038
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

I just went to the LCBO and noticed that they were sold out of the largest sized bottles of pretty much everything.

This leads me to the inescapable conclusion that the pandemic has turned us all into more-or-less functional alcoholics.

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM   #3039
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird sings

Yep. Lots of day drinking going on in my little neighborhood.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 03:55 PM   #3040
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbsboyer View Post
I just went to the LCBO and noticed that they were sold out of the largest sized bottles of pretty much everything.

This leads me to the inescapable conclusion that the pandemic has turned us all into more-or-less functional alcoholics.
In the last few days I bought eight 60 pounders of Vodka so I don't have to go out for a little while.
Old May 24, 2020, 04:17 PM   #3041
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

i have not had a drink since new years eve

it's people making hand sanitizer
Old May 24, 2020, 04:56 PM   #3042
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

we joke about how much of the cerb goes to the lcbo and the local dope man
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 05:19 PM   #3043
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

We have rightly flattened the curve. We done us.
We can’t stop this thing. It’s going to be with us for a long time like the flu or common cold.
Lets get back to mindless consumption and general superficiality.
Old May 24, 2020, 08:12 PM   #3044
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Lake of the Ozarks party animals. Makes me happy to be a new Kansan . . .
https://twitter.com/i/status/1264394565861232640
FYI, this is NOT the Party Cove, but apparently some marina that should soon have its license pulled.
Old May 24, 2020, 09:24 PM   #3045
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Lake of the Ozarks party animals. Makes me happy to be a new Kansan . . .
https://twitter.com/i/status/1264394565861232640
FYI, this is NOT the Party Cove, but apparently some marina that should soon have its license pulled.
makes me wish i was 21 again and invincible

i can't say i didn't do crap just as dumb at that age i don't know how i survived the 80's
sex drugs and alcohol killed a lot of the kids i wend to school with
Old May 24, 2020, 09:46 PM   #3046
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Did you own a marina when you were 21?
Old May 24, 2020, 10:26 PM   #3047
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Did you own a marina when you were 21?
no

but it being closed wouldn't have stopped us

no water didn't stop us

we used to go out in the desert at night and circle the trucks around bonfires of wood and old tires and a few beer kegs
Old May 24, 2020, 11:12 PM   #3048
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands