Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Apr 19, 2019, 08:31 AM   #3301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
7 months later and only 2 FPS games with the features. Glad I didn’t buy this card.
Yeah right? All that extra speed for every other game would have gone to waste!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2019, 08:34 AM   #3302
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

7 months later and still enjoying games 35% to 40% faster than a 1080Ti at 4k. Glad I bought this card.

But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2019, 08:48 AM   #3303
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
7 months later and still enjoying games 35% to 40% faster than a 1080Ti at 4k. Glad I bought this card.

Same for me @ 1440p.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 19, 2019, 09:04 AM   #3304
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Now it’s 35-40% lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2019, 09:36 AM   #3305
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Surely you can compute the percentage increase in that graph above, amirite?

But if you need some assistance:
https://www.skillsyouneed.com/num/percent-change.html

The gap appears to be especially on the bigger side for newer games, just as predicted several pages ago. 1080Ti's are gonna struggle in 2019. Who's gonna buy a 2080ti in 2019? Raise your hand KAC!

But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 09:51 AM   #3306
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Same for me @ 1440p.
Word, performance benefits all around. Only those who primarily play on consoles would understandably not care about having good performance.

Next game I'm looking looking forward to is Rage 2, just a month away. Aren't you glad we have these shiny 2080Ti's to handle whatever performance roadblocks the game throws?

Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:01 AM   #3307
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

I like how you're talking about a game that hasn't even been released yet and we have zero information on graphics performance in the game.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:23 AM   #3308
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Aren't you glad we have these shiny 2080Ti's to handle whatever performance roadblocks the game throws?

Sure am! Every time I fire up AC: Odyssey I grin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I like how you're talking about a game that hasn't even been released yet and we have zero information on graphics performance in the game.
True but it's nice having the top card, makes me think I'll get fastest possible FPS no matter what.

yoz
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:53 AM   #3309
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

i'm leery of buying rage 2 after all the first ones problems and how they nuked fallout from orbit

I will wait for full reviews on this one and lots of others to buy it first

Last edited by bill dennison : Apr 19, 2019 at 12:00 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2019, 03:15 PM   #3310
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Sure am! Every time I fire up AC: Odyssey I grin.

True but it's nice having the top card, makes me think I'll get fastest possible FPS no matter what.
Odyssey runs fine with 1080 Ti at 1440P as well.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 08:52 AM   #3311
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Odyssey runs fine with 1080 Ti at 1440P as well.
Sure, 60 FPS is fine.

yoz
Old Apr 20, 2019, 09:12 AM   #3312
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Sure, 60 FPS is fine.
More like 65. In game is hovering around 70-75 most of the time.

As opposed to what? 75-80? Maybe 85 in game?

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/..._Matrix/6.html
Old Apr 20, 2019, 09:25 AM   #3313
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
More like 65. In game is hovering around 70-75 most of the time.

As opposed to what? 75-80? Maybe 85 in game?

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/..._Matrix/6.html
85-100 in game (not Athens).

yoz
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:48 AM   #3314
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

my 2080 still struggles with kingdom come deliverance at times, it would almost be unplayable without freesync(or dropping alot of settings)
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2019, 06:41 PM   #3315
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
my 2080 still struggles with kingdom come deliverance at times, it would almost be unplayable without freesync(or dropping alot of settings)
I couldn't maintain 60fps even with very high settings on my 2080Ti either, some compromises have to be made.

This will be a great game to replay though in a year (or two) when more powerful hardware is out and everything can be played at ultra. The final DLC will be out by then also.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 07:20 PM   #3316
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I did an in-game bench of my own in a cave using my GTX 1080 and was seeing 120 plus FPS on average. Not sure what the fuss is all about. Don’t need Turing at all for 1440p

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2019, 07:46 PM   #3317
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I did an in-game bench of my own in a cave using my GTX 1080 and was seeing 120 plus FPS on average. Not sure what the fuss is all about. Don’t need Turing at all for 1440p

In a cave.... sure, I buy that.

yoz
Old Apr 20, 2019, 07:51 PM   #3318
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
In a cave.... sure, I buy that.
And inside temples.

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:35 PM   #3319
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
And inside temples.

Yes, there too.

yoz
Old Apr 21, 2019, 08:55 AM   #3320
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I couldn't maintain 60fps even with very high settings on my 2080Ti either, some compromises have to be made.

This will be a great game to replay though in a year (or two) when more powerful hardware is out and everything can be played at ultra. The final DLC will be out by then also.
its pretty polished now, i played it just after launch and it almost feels like a different game. I tried it on the tv at 4k and it was pitiful lol
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2019, 09:30 AM   #3321
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
TBH do you really notice the difference or is it just a placebo effect? Here's a very interesting article...https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-many-...ye-really-see/

Interestingly input lag is far more important than FPS as that affects our perception of choppiness far more than raw FPS. So spending £1,200 on a 2080ti might not be the be all and end all. You can crow about the high FPS but do you really perceive it?
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:28 AM   #3322
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
TBH do you really notice the difference or is it just a placebo effect? Here's a very interesting article...https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-many-...ye-really-see/

Interestingly input lag is far more important than FPS as that affects our perception of choppiness far more than raw FPS. So spending £1,200 on a 2080ti might not be the be all and end all. You can crow about the high FPS but do you really perceive it?
There is a major difference between 60 FPS and 100+ FPS. Passed that I can't say I can see a difference but itbisbthere if you play competitive FPS games as your had eye coordination is tied to the FPS you play at.

yoz
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:35 AM   #3323
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

When you gotta make a post justifying your purchase over and over, you’re either compensating or realize you overpaid.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:59 AM   #3324
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
When you gotta make a post justifying your purchase over and over, you’re either compensating or realize you overpaid.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:59 AM   #3325
KAC
That postcount though...

Not that perceived FPS crap again.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:12 PM   #3326
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's their money to spend, though.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:15 PM   #3327
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Are you talking to me?

yoz
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:45 PM   #3328
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Are you talking to me?
He called you out Jefe.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2019, 02:19 PM   #3329
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
no my shoulders don't even hurt anymore

and division 2 at 4k 70+ FPS isn't bad

and I will most likely buy the next one at the same price as the prices are not going down anytime soon and Navi looks to be a cheap Vega or 1080
it's only money or two day work

and if we even see a new NV card this year is now looking doubtful

Quote:
NVIDIA CEO Says No Rush on 7nm GPU; Company Clearing Its Crypto Chip Inventory
https://syncedreview.com/2019/03/21/...hip-inventory/
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2019, 02:29 PM   #3330
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
He called you out Jefe.

Sounded like it.... but it wasn't.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Apr 21, 2019 at 05:08 PM.