Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 10, 2019, 06:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber
Default Apple thread

No one's even remotely interested in the latest from Apple huh?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 06:57 PM   #2
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
a little can't get android auto to work with my pos note 8
getting tired of android and Samsung and things working on only some phones

but since no 5g

it is no buy at that price only to replace it in a year

unless it dies I will wait for next year even if my note 8 is tired
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 07:01 PM   #3
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

anything worth knowing?
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2019, 07:12 PM   #4
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Incremental upgrades to existing products.
Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade launches.

A big fat huge MEH overall.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 09:26 PM   #5
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Incremental upgrades to existing products.
Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade launches.

A big fat huge MEH overall.
It looks to me it slightly more than an Incremental upgrade. I'm impressed with the presentation. It almost makes me want to buy an Apple product.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 06:44 AM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I didn't even know there was an event, that's how much I cared.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 07:56 AM   #7
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I didn't even know there was an event, that's how much I cared.
Razeus didn't even care. He used to be a die-hard Apple fanatic.
Apple's iPhone novelty is wearing off.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
Old Sep 11, 2019, 08:28 AM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
Razeus didn't even care. He used to be a die-hard Apple fanatic.
Apple's iPhone novelty is wearing off.
I don't think he's still around here

Looks like he's complaining about the 11 Max Pro pricing on Reddit
Old Sep 11, 2019, 09:06 AM   #9
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I don't think he's still around here

Looks like he's complaining about the 11 Max Pro pricing on Reddit
Complaining about pricing is the last thing any apple buying person should do.....

lol..

Its apple, the apple tax is real!

and yeah Apples a huge MEH, but it does price down the older products hopefully. I don't need a new phone but would be nice to get an iPhone 8 to replace my 6S (don't care about FaceID, I quite like the Touch ID...dunno why they got rid of it in the newer products). And even with just a few games and pictures taken, my 32gb is not enough space lol.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 09:09 AM   #10
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I paid attention, its definitely an incremental upgrade. I actually hate how the cameras are arranged on the phone... but all the leaks were going months ago so we knew what it was going to look like. Apple is once again playing catch up(android/samsung triple camera setup, google pixel dark light photos) Other than the cameras there is nothing exciting about this phone.

Samsung does the triple camera setup better

This is just hideous and un-Apple like in design.

Arcade is interesting if they can keep getting exclusive games. Premium games with no ads and no in app purchases might be worth it. There are a few games releasing on it that I want to play(cards may fall, overland) so I may give it a go for the first month.

I dont give a **** about apple tv, the new low end ipad, or the new watch. I have no use for any of those.

Unfortunately, I will be feeding the monster again. The wife is still on an iPhone 7 so shes getting one cause of a free upgrade and I will get one just to get one cause it cost me nothing. iPhone 11 pros.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:45 AM   #11
Notbilly
Radeon R420

Notbilly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
You should add a poll to this, so I can choose "Nope!"
Notbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:50 PM   #12
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
a little can't get android auto to work with my pos note 8
getting tired of android and Samsung and things working on only some phones

but since no 5g

it is no buy at that price only to replace it in a year

unless it dies I will wait for next year even if my note 8 is tired
are you are referring regular android auto or wireless android auto?

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 02:37 PM   #13
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
are you are referring regular android auto or wireless android auto?
sorry yes just wireless android auto

there is a workaround that works on note 9 & 10 for some they say but no dice for me on my note 8 I tried it
and i'm not buying a 10 and have it not work for me

wireless carplay works on all newer iPhones, 5 and above I think
and now that you can get google maps in carplay

problem with iPhone is no card slot so the need to buy a 256gb for my 100gb of music I use in the work truck

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 11, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 03:30 PM   #14
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm still on an iPhone 6s. Wondering if I should upgrade to the iPhone 11 Pro Max or wait for the 2020 iPhones (which are rumored to have significant changes).
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 05:10 PM   #15
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
I'm still on an iPhone 6s. Wondering if I should upgrade to the iPhone 11 Pro Max or wait for the 2020 iPhones (which are rumored to have significant changes).
If you can hang on wait til the next one.

Old Sep 11, 2019, 05:20 PM   #16
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
sorry yes just wireless android auto

there is a workaround that works on note 9 & 10 for some they say but no dice for me on my note 8 I tried it
and i'm not buying a 10 and have it not work for me

wireless carplay works on all newer iPhones, 5 and above I think
and now that you can get google maps in carplay

problem with iPhone is no card slot so the need to buy a 256gb for my 100gb of music I use in the work truck
I figured it was wireless auto. You may have already seen this, and may be the work around you speak of, but it works (or at least on my Galaxy S10+)

However, just so you are aware, this is not a android or Samsung issue, this is strictly ALL on Google, they are the ones who are holding up the wireless auto on all phone except their phones. Some people have found hacks etc to make it work on other phones, but google has only officially supported it on their phones.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Sep 11, 2019, 05:46 PM   #17
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I figured it was wireless auto. You may have already seen this, and may be the work around you speak of, but it works (or at least on my Galaxy S10+)

However, just so you are aware, this is not a android or Samsung issue, this is strictly ALL on Google, they are the ones who are holding up the wireless auto on all phone except their phones. Some people have found hacks etc to make it work on other phones, but google has only officially supported it on their phones.
yea I know it is google bogarting wireless to sell there crap phones

but then there is music

google play is not as good as apple that has been working on the ipod app for 17 years

it all makes me want to dump android

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 11, 2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 06:05 PM   #18
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
yea I know it is google bogarting wireless to sell there crap phones

but then there is music

google play is not as good as apple that has been working on the ipod app for 17 years

it all makes me want to dump android
I have never used google play.. use to use spotify, but now I use apple music on my S10+, as it 's free with my Unlimited plan thru Verizon... LOL

But, each to their own, you have to go with what works for you.

Old Sep 11, 2019, 06:17 PM   #19
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I have never used google play.. use to use spotify, but now I use apple music on my S10+, as it 's free with my Unlimited plan thru Verizon... LOL

But, each to their own, you have to go with what works for you.
google play is getting better but I use double twist and amazon music more

but I don't stream music I have a 100+gb of flac music on a sd card in my note 8

I have a 256gb ipad mini wifi cellular and it would do most of carplay but apple won't let it just works as a ipod

……..
these are not much different than 10 so apple may have low sales and drop prices some in a month or two

if so I may grab a non pro 256gb

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 11, 2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 09:34 PM   #20
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Guess I am not upgrading my phone. The cameras look ridiculous lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:24 PM   #21
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks ugly on the back. Notch is no thanks.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:28 PM   #22
0091/2
We Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Guess I am not upgrading my phone. The cameras look ridiculous lol.
The camera works fine. Are you going to stare at the back of the phone all day?

Current Desktop [2016]
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:54 AM   #23
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

wonder how thick the case back has to be to keep those camera lens from being dragged over every surface you set your phone on
or some sand on a outdoor table
Old Sep 12, 2019, 08:30 AM   #24
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
these are not much different than 10 so apple may have low sales and drop prices some in a month or two

if so I may grab a non pro 256gb
Methinks you're dreaming
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:34 PM   #25
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

All the new Apple phones have the A13 chip in them even the cheap 700 dollar job. That is pretty amazing. Also the cheap one has the new LTE chipset for super fast data performance. If you are a Apple person it is good news as the cheap 700 dollar 11 will out perform the old 1400 top shelf iPhone 10.

As I am not a Apple guy after giving them one last try with the 8 plus and dumping it for a Samsung 10 and being happy ever since I could care less. But I am sure there are many happy Jobettes lining up for new phones as I type.
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM   #26
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Methinks you're dreaming
Quote:
Walmart Already Has the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro On Sale
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/walma...11-pro-on-sale

only 50 off
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #27
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I have a XS MAX 512GB at the moment, but we'll see what I get when my contract is due for upgrading. (end of 2020)

For me the main thing is how Carplay evolves (which it is in IOS 13) and Android Auto. Carplay is pretty useful for me so whatever is best by then I'll get it.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #28
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I have a XS MAX 512GB at the moment, but we'll see what I get when my contract is due for upgrading. (end of 2020)

For me the main thing is how Carplay evolves (which it is in IOS 13) and Android Auto. Carplay is pretty useful for me so whatever is best by then I'll get it.
how is Carplay now and wireless Carplay ?
Old Today, 07:03 PM   #29
logical
What is my purpose?

Picked up two 11 Pro Max 256gb. One green for me and one black for the wife.