Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 16, 2019, 08:19 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
delirium121
Radeon Northern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default So I got PS4, which Sony exclusives do I need?

So I got a PS4 Spider man bundle thrown in with latest phone.

Currently I'm on PC & Xbox360, I skipped the PS3 and Xbox 1, so which Sony exclusives do you recommend as must plays?

Apart from Until Dawn (which will be a day one purchase for me).
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 08:26 AM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
So I got a PS4 Spider man bundle thrown in with latest phone.

Currently I'm on PC & Xbox360, I skipped the PS3 and Xbox 1, so which Sony exclusives do you recommend as must plays?

Apart from Until Dawn (which will be a day one purchase for me).
Don't know if they are exclusives, but I loved Horizon Dawn, The Last of Us (Remastered), and the Uncharted series.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 09:02 AM   #3
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Don't know if they are exclusives, but I loved Horizon Dawn, The Last of Us (Remastered), and the Uncharted series.
They are, and yes play those and God of War. I've heard mixed things of Days Gone and I haven't played it myself, but if open world zombie games tickles your fancy then go for it.

Sucks thought that it's not the pro... No supersampling if you aren't on a 4k input and you're gonna have a fun time with subpar frame rates and frame times.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:05 AM   #4
delirium121
Radeon Northern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
They are, and yes play those and God of War. I've heard mixed things of Days Gone and I haven't played it myself, but if open world zombie games tickles your fancy then go for it.

Sucks thought that it's not the pro... No supersampling if you aren't on a 4k input and you're gonna have a fun time with subpar frame rates and frame times.
Yep agreed about the pro, but it's near enough free, so i'm not gonna complain, also i'll playing on 1080p so not to bad on performance demands.

the following are my current bucket list;

Horizon Dawn - got
God of War
The Last of Us (Remastered)
Bloodborne
The Last Guardian - got
Shadow of the Colossus (2018)
Persona 5
Wipeout Collection
Detroit become human - got
Heavy Rain - got

Beyond 2 souls - got

Any suggestion on the rankings of these would be appreciated.

Both the uncharted series and Days gone are bargain bin games if i get around to them.

EDIT: Current games indicated - Also the new spider man game is definitely impressive
& Until dawn is proving to be better than I'd expected

Last edited by delirium121 : Jul 14, 2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:11 PM   #5
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

No one is going to mention the inFamous franchise? Also Resident Evil 2 and 7 if you are a fan of horror games; those are a MUST play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:24 PM   #6
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post
No one is going to mention the inFamous franchise? Also Resident Evil 2 and 7 if you are a fan of horror games; those are a MUST play.
Those can be played on the master race system
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 01:13 PM   #7
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Those can be played on the master race system
That's what I do, I am no pleb.

I don't know if OP is a pleb, tho.
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Jun 16, 2019, 03:56 PM   #8
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Uncharted 5, Spiderman, Horizon Dawn.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 03:57 PM   #9
delirium121
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Erm, yeah i've played them and as for the current RE2 mods...i am certainly not aware of them and i'm sticking to that line, under any questioning.

Infamous 2, is it worth a top position?

Last edited by delirium121 : Jul 14, 2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 06:28 PM   #10
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Erm, yeah i've played them and as for the current RE2 mods...i am certainly not aware of them and i'm sticking to line, under any questioning.

inFamous 2 came out for the previous generation. inFamous: Second Son is the one for this gen (ps4).

In terms of top position, it depends. Personally I think it's one of the most underrated series in gaming. I had a blast. It's a semi-open world action adventure game with very high levels of mobility (the only game with more mobility would probably be Spider-Man) and super powers.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:53 PM   #11
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Yep agreed about the pro, but it's near enough free, so i'm not gonna complain, also i'll playing on 1080p so not to bad on performance demands.

the following are my current bucket list;

Horizon Dawn
God of War
The Last of Us (Remastered)
Bloodborne
The Last Guardian
Shadow of the Colossus (2018)
Persona 5
Wipeout Collection
Detroit become human
Heavy Rain
Beyond 2 souls

Any suggestion on the rankings of these would be appreciated.

Both the uncharted series and Days gone are bargain bin games if i get around to them.
Good list and order. Bargain bin or not, you should play all uncharted games and they should be on you list right behind The Last of Us.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:48 PM   #12
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ima chime in and say I think the Uncharted series are extraordinarily overrated. They are good, highly polished, yet bland games, imo.

Excellent to turn off the brain and enjoy an Indiana-Jones style adventure though. So I would recommend and play them, I just wouldn't expect a 'meaty', complex, deep experience.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jun 17, 2019, 06:16 AM   #13
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Last of us
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:15 AM   #14
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Horizon Dawn and Detroit ^_^

Though I guess you could get Detroit on your PC now on the Epic store and for 10 bucks discount

Uncharted as well
Old Jun 17, 2019, 09:53 PM   #15
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

We get like a thread about this crap every year.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:04 PM   #16
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You made one yourself, so quit yer bitch'n! Also the forum would be empty without slightly redundant threads.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jun 18, 2019, 01:53 PM   #17
delirium121
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Heh! i've got two generations of Sony exclusives to try and figure out the priority of, before the PS5 drops.
Not to mention Cyberpunk 2077 on the horizon (I suspect that's gonna eat a lot of my time, particularly when the modders the get swing of it).
Give me break here...

Last edited by delirium121 : Jun 19, 2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:03 AM   #18
delirium121
Radeon Northern Islands

Playing on modern console - i'm enjoying the lack tweaking required and everything has been rock solid stable, which is nice.

But the bullshit about installing from a disk!?!
It's actually faster to download game, significantly...

Which is a huge slap in the face for console gaming, part of the joy was the simplicity, buy game, put in console and play, no waiting / faffing involved.

I miss cartridges and cd's, a gaming world without patches, dlc, etc.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 07:09 PM   #19
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Playing on modern console - i'm enjoying the lack tweaking required and everything has been rock solid stable, which is nice.

But the bullshit about installing from a disk!?!
It's actually faster to download game, significantly...

Which is a huge slap in the face for console gaming, part of the joy was the simplicity, buy game, put in console and play, no waiting / faffing involved.

I miss cartridges and cd's, a gaming world without patches, dlc, etc.
I hear ya, I don't mind the small updates here and there, but the 40GB day 1 updates? What the hell is the point of the disk at this point?

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 08:27 PM   #20
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Ima chime in and say I think the Uncharted series are extraordinarily overrated. They are good, highly polished, yet bland games, imo.

Excellent to turn off the brain and enjoy an Indiana-Jones style adventure though. So I would recommend and play them, I just wouldn't expect a 'meaty', complex, deep experience.
You're not wrong, but you're wrong.

Uncharted gameplay isn't the best, except Uncharted 4's combat system, which was really phenomenal. But mostly what makes Uncharted exceptional is the overall experience of adventure. Despite lacking in many gameplay ways, Uncharted is one of the most "playable" series I've every tried. Actually I came to the party way late, and played through the whole franchise one right after another. Honestly I couldn't put them down! I even ran out and bought a PS4 when I ran out of the PS3 entries, largely to continue playing Uncharted games.

I'm a guy who usually loses interest in games pretty quickly, so its very unusual for me to go through 4 games rapid-fire.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:20 AM   #21
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Erm, yeah i've played them and as for the current RE2 mods...i am certainly not aware of them and i'm sticking to that line, under any questioning.

I finally know what you meant about the RE2 mods. You may be talking about... a certain... Claire mod.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:21 AM   #22
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
You're not wrong, but you're wrong.

Uncharted gameplay isn't the best, except Uncharted 4's combat system, which was really phenomenal. But mostly what makes Uncharted exceptional is the overall experience of adventure. Despite lacking in many gameplay ways, Uncharted is one of the most "playable" series I've every tried. Actually I came to the party way late, and played through the whole franchise one right after another. Honestly I couldn't put them down! I even ran out and bought a PS4 when I ran out of the PS3 entries, largely to continue playing Uncharted games.

I'm a guy who usually loses interest in games pretty quickly, so its very unusual for me to go through 4 games rapid-fire.
Oh I get ya, that's true. They really are good adventure games, don't get me wrong.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 15, 2019, 09:19 AM   #23
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Start checking your local thrift stores. PS4 and Xbox One games are popping up there regularly for like $3 each.

This is the time to start building up a nice current gen game collection on the cheap.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote