Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 9, 2019, 08:34 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default XBOX Scarlett Insanity! Holiday 2020

Since there is an insane thread for the other console we have to have one for the XBOX crowd

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/9/18...FcYqP-a7l9nFNk
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 08:24 AM   #2
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

the specs for the next ps and xbx are so similar. Both are promising very similar features; Ray Tracing, 4K with 8k support, 120Hz refresh rate and faster storage.

It was my impression that Sony was funding some of AMD research specifically for the next PS. I guess that this wasnt in the realm of exclusivity.

The next gen console war will be down to exclusives. With MS gobbling up developers I see the next round to be more balanced in terms of unit sales of both MS and Sony

I also dont see a very bright future for nintendo. It is now in the habit of making devices that have a certain wow factor that quickly wears off. It will go down the same course as Sega and figure out that going software only across multiple platforms will make it so much more money.

That leaves the PC. If the next gen xbx/PS can actually deliver 4k @ 120Hz without any advanced Ray Tracing and cost ~400-500 I would be very hard pressed to upgrade my PC as it would make so much more sense to just pick up both consoles.

The only advantage the PC really offers over consoles is piracy and I havent touched a pirated game in over a decade not even to just try it out.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 09:12 AM   #3
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
the specs for the next ps and xbx are so similar. Both are promising very similar features; Ray Tracing, 4K with 8k support, 120Hz refresh rate and faster storage.

It was my impression that Sony was funding some of AMD research specifically for the next PS. I guess that this wasnt in the realm of exclusivity.

The next gen console war will be down to exclusives. With MS gobbling up developers I see the next round to be more balanced in terms of unit sales of both MS and Sony

I also dont see a very bright future for nintendo. It is now in the habit of making devices that have a certain wow factor that quickly wears off. It will go down the same course as Sega and figure out that going software only across multiple platforms will make it so much more money.

That leaves the PC. If the next gen xbx/PS can actually deliver 4k @ 120Hz without any advanced Ray Tracing and cost ~400-500 I would be very hard pressed to upgrade my PC as it would make so much more sense to just pick up both consoles.

The only advantage the PC really offers over consoles is piracy and I havent touched a pirated game in over a decade not even to just try it out.
Your insane if you think Nintendo is done or done soon.
They struck gold with the Switch, and they always seem to have a safe niche with the younger crowd and bringing gameplay experiences that are a bit different than your typical "MOAR GRAPHICS!!!" that appeals to the dudebro crowd.

Besides, more consoles again? I don't feel this current generation has really been all that long and they're already getting ready for the next? It feels like fewer and fewer titles are getting released before the next gen comes...
I'm not all that interest beyond PS4 (which I haven't even gotten yet....) and all the buzzwords eye candy stuff isn't convincing me. Ray tracing? 8k? Why the hell do I need that? I have a basic 4k TV and I dont even have anything that uses 4k.....
all the "immersion" and cinematic experiences just dont really make me want to play anything more than once.....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 10, 2019, 01:28 PM   #4
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

So the rumor is that PS5 will have one tier, launching at the ~$400 price point, while xbox will have both a higher and lower tier, aiming perhaps for the $500 & $300 price points. I was hoping to see MS speak about that yesterday.

Also I'm hoping that the new consoles' ray-tracing hardware will be good for something beyond just Quake2.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2019, 08:58 AM   #5
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Definitely time for a new console generation. Every PlayStation console has been released every 6-7 years since the original one. We are now 7yrs out. It's time, and I'm looking forward to it. We need better 4k support.

However, anyone thinking we are going to get [email protected] or 8k support is out of their minds. Not happening, and I hope it doesn't too. We don't need it, and just need to concentrate on getting 4k at a constant 60fps before dreaming about 120hz and absolutely pointless 8k.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:40 PM   #6
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Definitely time for a new console generation. Every PlayStation console has been released every 6-7 years since the original one. We are now 7yrs out. It's time, and I'm looking forward to it. We need better 4k support.

However, anyone thinking we are going to get [email protected] or 8k support is out of their minds. Not happening, and I hope it doesn't too. We don't need it, and just need to concentrate on getting 4k at a constant 60fps before dreaming about 120hz and absolutely pointless 8k.
lol...what are odds that I might have a chance to get a Xbox Scarlett in 2020 since my 1st gen xbox 360. As well as I'll have a big jump from 1st gen 360 to this one.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2019, 01:37 AM   #7
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
lol...what are odds that I might have a chance to get a Xbox Scarlett in 2020 since my 1st gen xbox 360. As well as I'll have a big jump from 1st gen 360 to this one.
Bring some warm clothing because those lines will be massive!

Quote:
gta6 coming this holiday season - released exclusively for the xbox scarlett

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2019, 04:04 PM   #8
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Reminds me of the XBoxOne X, great hardware, no games. At least I can get Halo on PC now which is the only game I care about.

*Scratch that, I also care about Forza but I don't think that's coming for PC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2019, 05:28 PM   #9
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

?

Forza is already on pc.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2019, 08:17 PM   #10
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
?

Forza is already on pc.
Found after I posted, I feel dumb. I now want to play the LEGO mode. I wish it weren't on MS' platform though and instead were hosted on Steam... it's so bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2019, 09:08 PM   #11
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Noice, was wondering when the 2nd expansion would be out. It had been quite a while. Looks like a lego forza weekend.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:27 PM   #12
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks like a Day 1 purchase for me for the both consoles.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 09:09 AM   #13
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Looks like a Day 1 purchase for me for the both consoles.
Why? everything console usually is on peecee. Especially xbox titles which are no longer xbox exclusive territory.

If you have a powerful pc, you don't need an xbox, just a ps that you use for exclusive because sony is stupid in not making pc versions of it's 1st party titles (exception for the Detroit Beyond Human like game outliers on epic store).
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote