Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 13, 2020, 06:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Default How did COVID-19 affect you?

First of all I would like to acknowledge that no matter how bad you have it, someone else somewhere in the world may have it way worse than you. However just because someone has it worse, doesn't mean what you're going through is not legit.
I'll start off with myself; even though this pandemic has benefited my family from a financial point of view, I don't remember feeling this horrible at any point in my life.
I am a gym freak and having them closed down is such a big deal for me; I did build a home gym but I no longer feel motivated to exercise.
I miss interacting with my coworkers ever since the whole company transitioned to WFH.
I miss going out to watch a movie with my family and grab lunch/dinner right after at a good restaurant.
My kids are doing the virtual schooling thing and it breaks my heart that my 7 years old son has no friends. My 12 years old daughter has friends she video-chats with and even receives letters in the mail from time to time.
I am this close to saying **** it and moving out of CA even for a few months.
JCD
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 06:29 PM   #2
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I already worked from home, so no big change there. I hate online learning for my kids though, because I feel like they aren't learning like they would in the classroom.

I also feel bad as you said that they don't have interactions with their friends other than via facetime. Even though they have friends in the neighborhood, their parents don't take it seriously, so we severely limit how they interact with them.

What I hate the most is that it seems like forever ago since things were normal, and we could just go out to dinner without worry, shake someones hand, etc.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 06:33 PM   #3
Cyko
FCK TRMP

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I’m dying to go to the gym. Like you I built a home gym but it’s just not the same. I miss “bro time” with all the other gym rats.

I miss going to the movies. As much as I love my home cinema there’s nothing like sharing laughter or scares with a group of people in the cinema.

I miss going out to eat and on date nights with the wife. We still do date nights in the house and like walking the beach, but it’s just not the same.

I don’t miss going to work New job is 100% remote so thank God for that.

My dogs miss all their puppy friends at the dog park. It’s recently opened back up but not a lot of people are going to it.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 13, 2020, 06:33 PM   #4
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I too miss going to the movies.

Also miss just going into a store spontaneously or on a whim to see if they have some knick-knack.

Miss going to a restaurant without having to make major plans and scout to see if it's too crowded (before I didn't really care, if I really wanted the food I'd just wait).

I miss being able to make it to Microcenter before they close for the day (hours used to be 9am-9pm, now it's 10am-7pm...and those are my work hours )

I miss not having to worry about wearing a mask everywhere I go.

I miss being able to stop at any fast food place and use the restroom if you had to go in an emergency (not an every day thing, but was nice to know it was there before). I have no idea how a long road trip would be now.

One thing I do have, is I have not stopped working at the office since all this began, the nature of my job can't be fully done without physically being present. The flip side of this is that I am regularly seeing my co-workers each day (and we are a bit of a tight knit small group), so I'm still maintaining regular human contact outside of my friends and family.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 06:51 PM   #5
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

for me, it didn't bother me much with the restriction

I've been working from home for IT, at first I was against it as i get more done at work but now, I don't want to go back to work. When it gets slow, I just watch movie/play games etc..

However, my uncle passed away because of covid or at least they said it was even though he already has chronic health problem and no one on his family was affected.

I Did just found out my sister in law got it from one of my cousin. I am worried about my brothers daughter though since she has Lupus and her Immune system is comprimise, hopefully she didn't get infected.

Last edited by CyanBlues : Aug 13, 2020 at 07:01 PM.
CyanBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 07:22 PM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I miss my kids and the grandkids. I'm home on short term disability anyway so going stir crazy lol. I tried getting back to working out, but that didn't work as I was straining the shoulder repair. I can play the heck out of that PS4 though.

My wife and I usually spend summers visiting trails, beaches, mountains in NH and things like that, so we have some catching up to do.

All told, we're doing ok all things considered. Things will be tougher next week as my Mom is going in for her second, and likely final surgery to attempt to remove a stubborn tumor. Visiting is very limited due to C-19, and it's an extremely high risk surgery...possible outcomes are hard to think about, especially when time with her will be so limited before she goes in.

So basically...all family stuff.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 07:58 PM   #7
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

-Work wise, for a period of about 8 weeks, it was just me and the big boss at work in totally separate places. Besides the usual playing with computers for customers, I watered plants, did the mail, cleaned, this and that...
-Didn't see my brother, sister or little nephews for a period of around 6 weeks, missed easter, didn't see parents beyond just outside

-Funeral from weirdness :/
-In addition to no more gym, in April the public parks in my state, including trails, all got shut down, so I resorted to walking at night and bike rides
-I don't miss the movies too much, nor the mall. I do miss visits to walkable towns and had a few day trips planned to museums and historical places with various peeps. Supposed to visit valley forge and King of Prussia mall one day, that ship sailed... The big thing I missed was/is the library. Saturday morning or early afternoon, I'd roll in, grab a bunch of random graphic novels off the shelf, go to the secluded quiet room and get to reading in total peace. No distractions, no sound just me and the books for as long as I liked. They have re opened but its an in and out affair of strange looks and stress
- Didn't see my friends for almost 3 months, some I still haven't seen
- Seeing places full of local business and life slowly die
-Fear of the invisible enemy
-Work has been affected financially. We're in an important computing sector selling to essential businesses so we've lost some business and gained some but everyone walks around with pinched faces these days
-Mask everywhere at work
-Sometimes I want to take a train or bus and then "I can't take the risk". Hate having to drive EVERYWHERE ALL OF THE TIME

**** has gotten a bit better in NJ but I'm already planning for a major **** storm come Oct-Nov.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 08:04 PM   #8
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Hasn't really affected me. I'm now working from home, so it's saving me a tiny bit of money in gas, but I only drove 16mi a day anyway. So, I don't really notice the difference there. I already have a home gym and have been doing that the past 10 years, so again nothing changed.

I don't have kids. I see some of my friends occasionally, and we've done some track days here (car racing) and there with a lot of rules/restrictions for safety. My parents visit once a month, sometimes twice.

I've been getting a lot of stuff done around the house, so that's nice. I use to go to the movies now and then with a buddy, so that's stopped. But I have a decent home theater at home that's just been getting more use.

So, I guess...it really hasn't affected me much besides a bit less freedom in car events I attended, seeing my friends whenever I felt like it, and stuff like that.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 08:22 PM   #9
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Work: My work was pretty easy. We transitioned pretty quickly and it went relatively smoothly.

But personally. Well my GF caught it pretty early on shortly after both our work transitioned to from home. Which means I must have caught it as we live together. But this was all so early we couldn't get tested as there was no traceable linkage to an infected person. Which at the time was a requirement to get tested. So we couldn't get tested till a month or so later. By which point we had both recovered and tested negative. We stayed quarantined the entire time till we could get tested.

She went through hell. Couldn't work, even remotely. Coughing, really hard time breathing, fever waves, muscle aches and the stressed kicked off her migraines. Had one night we had to phone an ambulance due to breathing difficulties. It's months later now and the effects still linger with her having waves of difficulty breathing.

I got lucky. I got a really mild fever for a day or two, little coughing and then nothing. But I still had to watch her suffer, which made me feel a little helpless. But I did what I could to help her through it and continue to now

I miss,
- Going out to try seasonal beers at breweries and bars
- Restaurants
- Movie theatres
- Movie/TV Show nights with friends.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 08:27 PM   #10
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Our 8th grandkid was born March 16th and we got to see her in person very briefly that day, but we didn't get to hold her for three months.

A close co-worker had a one hour face-to-face appointment with someone who a little later was positive, and then she got very sick and we thought she had it, but she did the 14-day quarantine and tested negative twice and finally got better.

It's a little weird because I still work in Missouri where people were very slow to take it seriously and many still don't. I live in Kansas where the governor got out in front of pretty quickly, plus it's a college town that's more progressive. It's a shame The Mask Thing became a political football.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:28 PM   #11
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It affected me because budgets were cut and a large responsibility of my job was handed over to some idiot. Resulting in me moving towards a chopping block. Thankfully I avoided the last wave but don’t know when it can happen.

Secondly, I am unable to find a job and no one really is helping in the network as well. Called many people but still no luck.

Thirdly, it has been hard to maintain weight as I am at home and want to eat all the time.

Fourth, social interaction is not there. Family is bored out of their minds and kids stuck at home is not good for their or my health. Same with wife also getting agitated so overall temperature of the house is high. I have 2 boys and they don’t sit in one place

Fifth, worried about kids education since they are unable to concentrate in home learning environment. Also I or my wife has to spend time teaching them which is not the best way to teach kids as I am paying a lot for professional teaching.

Sixth, COVID can go **** itself.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 02:10 AM   #12
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Jeez... There are WAY too many things to list.

The biggest, I go nowhere. I liked going places. My house, while fun, isn't exactly where I envisioned spending a large part of my time in 2020. Also, I find that the only conversations that I have had in the last 6 months have been with my family. So on the off chance that I get the mail at the same time as my neighbor I now feel more than a little uncomfortable with even small conversations. Which is really odd.

My wife is a physician. So I've seen major changes that have happened with our relationship. Mainly, right now, we are doing our best to keep each others spirits up. That is hard to do while watching the slow motion train wreck that is our state response to this. We have decided to keep things positive around the kids. Which is also hard. The older kids know that she is at risk and they are worried.

Personally, I'm a planner. That's just how I function best. I feel a lot more comfortable if there is a plan in place. I plan out dinner, I plan out movies, I plan out a lot of stuff. My problem now is that nothing is really plannable. Everything is in such a flux that even the little things that I could find comfort in are now haywire.

All minor issues compared to what a lot of people are going through, I know... Sometimes though, if I think about it, if I let it all sink in, what all has happened in the last 6 months, I mainly just start to just feel numb and a profound sense of helplessness flows over me. Then I start to feel like I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop. So, I try very hard to stay as busy as I can and that is working rather well so far.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 02:35 AM   #13
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I already work in a **** job that was **** before Coronavirus, and was made more **** during because "essential" job, instead of working 7-4:30 in a hot hell hole, working 7-5:30 in a hot phyiscally demanding hellhole.

I'm not much of a going out person so for me staying at home isn't a bad thing, huge garden, pool etc.

However for my 3.5 year old son it's a bit shitty because we wanted to go to the Zoo, go on trains (he loves trains), etc but while we can do that, with cases slowly rising didn't want to really risk anything just for something that's nice.

Life is good, however I really ****ing hate my work, but what can you do. My wife also works there and also hates it, and while it sucks. At least we work and finsih at the same time and in that way makes life a bit easier.

However working 7-4:30/5:00/5:30 isn't exactly what I call ideal.

Also that's forced hours, you are forced to work extra hours otherwise you basically get fired.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 07:42 AM   #14
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I lost two vacations becuase of Covid (Flordia trip in March and then a cottage trip to northern Ontario in June).

My wife works with Canadian vets that are residents of a hospital...she is technically a front line worker and she's seen the devestation early on and is terrified for her patients.

I've been frustrated trying to work from home and entertain an 8 yr old with ADHD (screen fights happen every day)....but having said that....I love having the extra time with my son everyday. It's a **** year, but in some ways, there is some positive as well.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 08:00 AM   #15
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

- Not eating out as much, though that's good on our bank account.
- Store shelves are getting more bare by the week.
- Went to buy a freezer, only to be told that manufacturing had basically shut down and there were no new freezers in the state. I lucked out by finding a fridge that turns into a freezer by flipping a switch.
- More distrust of people. The mask "debate" is turning normally rational people into lunatic Karens and anti-Karens.
- Luckily I live where there are lots of public lands, so we can still go out and hike & kayak whenever we want. But Glacier National Park has enacted so many restrictions that we don't want to go there anymore.
- Working from home isn't so bad. I can hike around my property when I need a break, or feed the chickens, or walk the dogs. Probably won't go back to the office until 2021.

All in all, many people have it much worse than I do, so I'm not complaining at all. I have a gut feeling that things are going to get much worse very soon, and I don't mean COVID-19. It's a great time to live in the boonies.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 09:23 AM   #16
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The other positive out of this whole mess was getting to spend more time with our family dog before he passed. Without us being at home, there was no way we could have left him alone for long stretches if we were at work.

I have two nephews that did not get bike upgrades in time this year. I think my son got the last youth sized bike at our local bike shop. So many people riding this year, and if you didn't get your bike in time, you're out of luck.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 11:59 AM   #17
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
However working 7-4:30/5:00/5:30 isn't exactly what I call ideal.

Also that's forced hours, you are forced to work extra hours otherwise you basically get fired.
Serious question, I thought the EU had labor regulations against that?

Quote:
The directive lays down provisions for a 48-hour
maximum working week (including overtime),
as well as rest periods and breaks and a
minimum of four weeks paid leave per year, in
order to protect workers’ health and safety

7-4:30 for 5 days puts you at 47.5 hrs. Or are they juicing you certain days and scaling back on others?

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:16 PM   #18
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I hate online learning for my kids though, because I feel like they aren't learning like they would in the classroom.
Agree 100%

Im working from home. Loving it !! Lot of other changes.. but rolling with it all
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:40 PM   #19
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I have lost 30lbs
I run 50-60kms a week
I work out 5 times a week
I am eating better
I am not traveling the world every two weeks
I am spending more quality time with my family
I have worked from home for 6 years, so thats BAU

COVID has been good for me.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:41 PM   #20
Notbilly
FC

Notbilly is still being judged by the masses

For me, it's been the constant sense of agitation and anxiety. I guess it comes from wanting to control what I can't, and wondering if there are more proactive plans I should be making that I'm not. 2020 has been tough on us folks that like to live with the illusion that we've got stuff under control.

But no direct COVID health impacts to self, family, or even anyone that I know personally. And things have been ok on the job-front, as well.
Notbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:41 PM   #21
Cyko
FCK TRMP

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I have lost 30lbs
I run 50-60kms a week
I work out 5 times a week
I am eating better
I am not traveling the world every two weeks
I am spending more quality time with my family
I have worked from home for 6 years, so thats BAU

COVID has been good for me.
A positive spin...me likey.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:43 PM   #22
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
A positive spin...me likey.
Exactly, there is a positive side to this mess we are in -- it has been a reality check for me, for what matters -- health and family. I am also lucky that my job has never been in jeopardy.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 02:10 PM   #23
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Biggest thing is having to wake up around 5am in the morning to get some exercise in and seeing the stars and being surprised how many rabbits live in the green areas of the neighborhood.

Been working from home so no big deal in that regard. I only go to the theaters more to show support than the experience so not missing that and trying to keep my weight down means I don't miss eating out either. The gym is open but covid is limiting how often I go.

I do have some anxiety of mom catching this thing since she's old and me catching it and giving it to her as well. If it was just me and my cat everything flows.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 02:37 PM   #24
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Serious question, I thought the EU had labor regulations against that?

7-4:30 for 5 days puts you at 47.5 hrs. Or are they juicing you certain days and scaling back on others?
Work break is classed as not working.

Also we have to work every 2 weeks a saturday.

I work in a industrial greenhouse and because it's Agriculture Germany has special exemption laws for it. So besides being toasted in the hot heat, we also can work longer. yay /s

Anyway if we work extra hours it's classed as uberstunden (overtime) except the overtime is "forced" and paid the same as normal hours.

If the world was less ****ed and unstable because of the Rona I'd probably be more inclined to look for other work, but my wife also works here and I don't want to leave her here either.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 05:10 PM   #25
globalist
Banned

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It helped me realize how fragile our civilization is and how inept and corrupt most of the elites who are supposed to protect it are.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 08:40 PM   #26
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
It helped me realize how fragile our civilization is and how inept and corrupt most of the elites who are supposed to protect it are.
You forgot to add you're fun at parties.

One good thing: our daughter graduated from college and was supposed to move to Chicago to start her career. Covid shut that down. She was home for three months. We loved having her. She moved to New Hampshire Monday to start her career. We’re excited for her!
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 08:46 PM   #27
Cyko
FCK TRMP

What is said career if you don't mind me asking? I know you were a Dr., so did she follow in your footsteps or go a different path?

Alpha

Omega

Old Aug 15, 2020, 12:08 AM   #28
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
What is said career if you don't mind me asking? I know you were a Dr., so did she follow in your footsteps or go a different path?
She’s selling cigars for the largest premium cigar distributor in the U.S.

Okay, there’s more to it: she’ll be handling their PR and marketing but she’ll start in their shipping and packaging department. Her dream is to open her own cigar and bourbon establishment or to be a lawyer.

She’s young and full of energy and dreams. We encouraged her to go get ‘em.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2020, 03:53 AM   #29
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

COVID has been great for business for me. Started with just me and one other guy in march and now im up to 6 employees. Broke 80k in sales already and theres still 4.5 months left in the year. Will be my best year ever so far
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:12 AM   #30
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Work: My work was pretty easy. We transitioned pretty quickly and it went relatively smoothly.

But personally. Well my GF caught it pretty early on shortly after both our work transitioned to from home. Which means I must have caught it as we live together. But this was all so early we couldn't get tested as there was no traceable linkage to an infected person. Which at the time was a requirement to get tested. So we couldn't get tested till a month or so later. By which point we had both recovered and tested negative. We stayed quarantined the entire time till we could get tested.

She went through hell. Couldn't work, even remotely. Coughing, really hard time breathing, fever waves, muscle aches and the stressed kicked off her migraines. Had one night we had to phone an ambulance due to breathing difficulties. It's months later now and the effects still linger with her having waves of difficulty breathing.

I got lucky. I got a really mild fever for a day or two, little coughing and then nothing. But I still had to watch her suffer, which made me feel a little helpless. But I did what I could to help her through it and continue to now

I miss,
- Going out to try seasonal beers at breweries and bars
- Restaurants
- Movie theatres
- Movie/TV Show nights with friends.
Question, do you happen to know your g/fs blood type?

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote