Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

View Poll Results: Who do you think is tougher to kill in Diablo 2?
Andariel 3 23.08%
Duriel 8 61.54%
Mephisto 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 26, 2001, 04:10 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Question Who in Diablo 2 do you think is tougher to beat?

Personally, I felt Andariel was the toughest to beat when I was the necromancer. I had to kill her using only level 1 teeth since my minions got wiped out with that poison attack of hers. I killed duriel In only 2 trips to him however and did not die once. (had to teleport out once)

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Aug 26, 2001 at 04:13 AM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2001, 09:17 AM   #2
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Bump
Old Aug 26, 2001, 09:50 AM   #3
Valkoinen
Taffer

Valkoinen is still being judged by the masses

What the hell is up with this bumping stuff. I herd the Quake3 is bumping everything too, you waiting for that?

I played necromancer too and had the same trouble. I think I used curses and bone spear or something to waste them.
Valkoinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 26, 2001, 11:13 AM   #4
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally posted by Valkoinen
What the hell is up with this bumping stuff. I herd the Quake3 is bumping everything too, you waiting for that?

I played necromancer too and had the same trouble. I think I used curses and bone spear or something to waste them.

I'm not sure what your talking about the bumping and quake3, but bumping is a way to keep your post up so others may view it because a post can easily get lost if 20 others post something around the same time you do. As for bone spear with the necromancer, you don't get that until you are level 18, and you beat (well I did) Andariel around level 11 or 12. Duriel was super easy though, my minions surrounded him and I did also and we just hammered him until he died. Mephisto was surprisingly simple to beat also. For once my blood golem getting stuck was actually useful! The Blood Golem got stuck behind a wall and just sat there and for some reason Mephisto went after him never mind I was standing right behind Mephisto. Mephisto just kept attacking the wall. I kept a slight distance and just kept bone spearing him to death. Andariel was the only one that gave me trouble.
Old Aug 26, 2001, 12:06 PM   #5
Themlasu
Cosmic

Themlasu is still being judged by the masses

Hmmm I had more problems with Mephisto then Andariel, then again I was using the sorceress. To kill Andariel I just used blaze and ran around the blood pool and she followed like a dumb ai usually does. Had to use some antidote, but I killed her in one trip.
To me the hardest creature for me was that worm thing before entering the tomb of talrasha, since there wasn't much room and sorceress didn't have the punch to put an end to him quick. It turned into a long drawn out fight with me porting constantly.
when we are dreaming, and as often happens, have a dim consciousness of the fact and try to wake, do we not say and do things which in waking life would be insane? May we not then sometimes define insanity as an inability to distinguish which is the waking and which the sleeping life? We often dream without the least suspicion of unreality: 'Sleep hath its own world', and it is often as lifelike as the other.
Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll)
Themlasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2001, 12:30 PM   #6
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Oh you mean duriel. Yeah he can be nasty, especially since he can freeze you with his aura.
Old Aug 26, 2001, 01:41 PM   #7
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I'm a druid, and so far I've gotta say that Duriel's not too bad, neither is Andy, but frag I hate Mephisot. And it's not even him alone that bothers me, it's all those other super uniques you have to go through to get to him.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2001, 10:51 AM   #8
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Yeah, the monsters can be a pain, but Mephisto himself isn't too rough.
Old Aug 28, 2001, 11:42 AM   #9
Atarion
Rage3D Veteran

Atarion is still being judged by the masses

Lightbulb

Duriel was the worst because of his freezing (and he was fast) and the lower level I was at when I faced him.
Old Aug 28, 2001, 12:45 PM   #10
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Duriel is especially difficult since he's the only boss you have to face in a sealed room with no obstacles to use for cover.

Before the patch, Duriel was capable of butchering a player while the screen was still loading up (especially in network games). This was fixed in one of the recent patches, so most players have a fighting chance now.

The best strategy (IMO) is to use distractions. I went up against Duriel (in Nightmare) with my Assassin, and a Druid. I brought my hireling, and of course, my Shadow Master. The Druid brought his own hireling, plus the usual assortment wolves, bears, ravens, and other zoo escapees. It wasn't too hard to nail Duriel with several massively charged kicks while it flailed away at all the minions.

- N
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2001, 02:28 PM   #11
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Lol. Durial was tough when I faced him as the paladin, but was surprisingly easy with the necromancer. Also, doesn't that level 30 Fire Golem kick serious ass or what? He can regenerate, has a fire aura around him that damages nearby enemies every 3 seconds, absorbs fire damage which in turn heals him, (say an enemy attacks your fire golem with a fire attack, it will just heal the golem for you ) and, the best feature in my opinion, if the golem dies nearby any monsters he will explode causing MASSIVE damage to all monsters nearby. He will also explode if you summon him over and over. (A useful tactic to summon him and wait for him to get close to monsters then summon him again to force him to explode. Rince and repeat)
Old Aug 29, 2001, 11:56 AM   #12
WyreTheWolf
fuzzy ears

WyreTheWolf is still being judged by the masses

Angry

Duriel, Untill the patch!

Now all is fun again!

~Wyre
-= 3 x AOC G2590FX 25" | Windows 10 Professional x64 =-

-= PROUDLY FOLDING FOR TEAM Rage3D! =-
WyreTheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote