Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:12 PM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Read a damn review for ****s sake man
If you do not want to answer, there is no need to answer, for ****s sake man.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:14 PM   #392
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
From a gaming perspective will I see massive gains?
No, not at 1440p, for that you'll need a 3080Ti.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:27 PM   #393
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
For ****s sakes, man. Just wait for 3xxx GPUs. Before you know it, it 'll be January...cos of the holiday period, you know, time flies around that time and what not, then it'll be a 3 month wait for Ampere. Start of Q2.

Turing is not worth it now. That same $$ you drop now you could grab a 3xxx...probably....

You should have grabbed one when they were released. IF you were 4k'ing then I
d probably recommend a Turing card... but you're not so wait.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:00 PM   #394
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
For ****s sakes, man. Just wait for 3xxx GPUs. Before you know it, it 'll be January...cos of the holiday period, you know, time flies around that time and what not, then it'll be a 3 month wait for Ampere. Start of Q2.

Turing is not worth it now. That same $$ you drop now you could grab a 3xxx...probably....

You should have grabbed one when they were released. IF you were 4k'ing then I
d probably recommend a Turing card... but you're not so wait.
Ok thanks man, for ****s sake.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 07:23 AM   #395
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Depending on funds.. Are you still using your broken mobo with single channel 2666mhz? If so, then sure, upgrade. You will see some improvement. If not, wait for the next gen. It's not far away now.

I like the look of next gen Zen, but TBH I'm waiting for Comet Lake 10 core Z490. Without any real evidence, I sense it'll be the better gaming chip and a worthy upgrade from 8700k/8086k. I don't care how many +++++nm it's built on, as long as it performs. But of course, wait for benchmarks.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:06 AM   #396
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Anyone happen to know if the next gen APU's running on Zen2? or zen3?

Seems like the current crop of APU's are one Zen behind the actual CPU generation (the 3xxx APU's are Zen+) I cant tell If they're leapfrogging Zen2 with Zen3 on the next one (plus I think the next ones are going to be paired with RDNA?)

maybe too early to tell?

Planning to build a console sized PC for the living room with enough horsepower to run PS4/5/Xbone/X multiplats
will add a gPU at a later time if required.

Then my own PC will get upgraded to something more monstrous later.+
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense

Last edited by Sasquach : Nov 13, 2019 at 11:12 AM.
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:13 AM   #397
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
You've asked the same question so many times. Google some reviews and figure it out yourself. You do the same bs with the 2080TI, close to a dozen times and you still don't own one.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:33 PM   #398
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Depending on funds.. Are you still using your broken mobo with single channel 2666mhz? If so, then sure, upgrade. You will see some improvement. If not, wait for the next gen. It's not far away now.

I like the look of next gen Zen, but TBH I'm waiting for Comet Lake 10 core Z490. Without any real evidence, I sense it'll be the better gaming chip and a worthy upgrade from 8700k/8086k. I don't care how many +++++nm it's built on, as long as it performs. But of course, wait for benchmarks.
No I have 8086K and Z370 motherboard. Ram is 2666. Motherboard is not broken.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:56 PM   #399
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

want a better upgrade bite the bullet and get a RTX 2080 ti .
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote