Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 23, 2020, 01:19 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Ok, I do not like that some missions are locked unless you use certain weapons. Dual blades for instance. I'm not specced out for that and don't want to grind to unlock it.

Later maybe.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 06:16 PM   #182
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I finally ran into a boss that's going to make me respec. What the heck....
Old Mar 23, 2020, 06:36 PM   #183
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

I still haven't respecced, for better or worse. Think I might wait till I hit 100. Not much I really want to move around except for a couple points in Skill I think when I was still trying to figure out what weapons to use. Maybe bring Constitution and Courage down to 10, both at 11 right now. Would probably redistribute those 6 points from Skill et al into Stam/Str. But not 100% sure yet. Gonna see how GFs shake out and see what requirements are.

Started region 4 and got to the big boss. Taking a break now as I've been playing for a bit. Farmed Saito again, got two more smithing texts one for the Bone Spear and another for the Torch spear. Still no skill text.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 23, 2020, 08:22 PM   #184
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Well, I'm not sure where I'm screwing this one up. First, he's the toughest boss for me by far. At one point or another I've soloed every single boss in this game up to this guy in area 5.

So with that said, either his AOEs are much larger than I'm crediting them, or there's a massive hit box problem with this guy. He hits like a truck, but he just isn't that complex.

I somehow just cannot avoid his chain attacks and my guard is broken on half of his hits. The new plan is to just apply confusion and chip shot him. I've been testing some of the heron ninja tools, and have applied confusion to everything I hit within the first 2-3 hits, so that's my plan. Believe it or not, I actually forgot all about it. It's one of the best tools we have in the game lol.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 06:51 AM   #185
Lazy8s
One day at a time

So I've respecced and am in the process of polishing it up. I went back to the kusa as my secondary weapon and I'm working on getting xp for skills.

The build is very similar to fightincowboy's ninja build. I didn't want to copy his, but some of the ninja tools make it so easy to apply confusion and after that, tonfa just wrecks enemy ki and bad guys die.

The 5th region...it's where Nioh 2 gets difficult...the more tools the better. Because I won't be happy if I can't solo this bastid
Old Mar 24, 2020, 01:18 PM   #186
Lazy8s
One day at a time

First main boss 5th region down on the 2nd run with the new build. I wish I could say it was a garbage fight, but it wasn't. Just tough.

Anyone else still playing?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 01:37 PM   #187
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Not me.

(Just beat first main mission in 4, but you know me, now I gotta grind through them side missions.)

lol, just got done with a spa retreat. Thought they were gonna reunite me with Hino Enma at the end there for old times sake.

also lol, did not expect them to do what they did in the side mission after that, bulls and horses at the same time are not good combos.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 24, 2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 03:20 PM   #188
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Not me.

(Just beat first main mission in 4, but you know me, now I gotta grind through them side missions.)

lol, just got done with a spa retreat. Thought they were gonna reunite me with Hino Enma at the end there for old times sake.

also lol, did not expect them to do what they did in the side mission after that, bulls and horses at the same time are not good combos.
You mean the rather large gent? I hit him in the crotch and got a "schemer" trophy, or something like that

I've got everything clear up to the 2nd mission in 5 now but for the one they locked. Can't do it without clearing the high level dojo mission for that weapon. No bueno.

I'm legit afraid of region 5. That first area and boss were brutal. Also beware certain common enemies - they...move differently. Messed me all up lol.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 03:29 PM   #189
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
You mean the rather large gent? I hit him in the crotch and got a "schemer" trophy, or something like that

I've got everything clear up to the 2nd mission in 5 now but for the one they locked. Can't do it without clearing the high level dojo mission for that weapon. No bueno.

I'm legit afraid of region 5. That first area and boss were brutal. Also beware certain common enemies - they...move differently. Messed me all up lol.
Nah, it's the one where they spawn a Mezuki on ya while you're fighting a Gezuki. Didn't see that one coming. Yeah the Schemer thing popped up for me as well, it's for getting that boss to ram into one of the dam doors. I took a loot at the trophy when it popped up, doesn't do much except stun him for a couple.

Also, didn't look at my Inventory box and started the second main mission in region 4. Thought I was doing good after having gotten rid of all the yellow/white stuff. I'm not even to the second shrine and already full. WHOOPS! Looks like I'm gonna be donating a bit to the shrine.

HOLY **** just realized the place your fighting through in The Frenzied Blaze is the same place as Falling Snow from Nioh 1. Always sad in prequels when you know how things are going to end.

Well, aside from the locked Dual Swords sub mission (This game REALLY wants me to do Dual Swords, I just got another skill off the person I was killing for the Odachi one), I just have to give another run through the first mission as I missed a couple Kodama then it's off to that last main mission in region 4.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 24, 2020 at 09:21 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 06:31 AM   #190
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Nah, it's the one where they spawn a Mezuki on ya while you're fighting a Gezuki. Didn't see that one coming. Yeah the Schemer thing popped up for me as well, it's for getting that boss to ram into one of the dam doors. I took a loot at the trophy when it popped up, doesn't do much except stun him for a couple.

Also, didn't look at my Inventory box and started the second main mission in region 4. Thought I was doing good after having gotten rid of all the yellow/white stuff. I'm not even to the second shrine and already full. WHOOPS! Looks like I'm gonna be donating a bit to the shrine.

HOLY **** just realized the place your fighting through in The Frenzied Blaze is the same place as Falling Snow from Nioh 1. Always sad in prequels when you know how things are going to end.

Well, aside from the locked Dual Swords sub mission (This game REALLY wants me to do Dual Swords, I just got another skill off the person I was killing for the Odachi one), I just have to give another run through the first mission as I missed a couple Kodama then it's off to that last main mission in region 4.
Ah yeah, I actually enjoyed that horse and bull fight And yep, there's a few familiar sights in this game. I love the set up because anyone new to the IP could play either one first and the other would make complete sense. Good job on that.

I do have to say that region 5 is making me refine the heck out of my game play. That first mission and the boss...man

Then I did a side mission, low ranking one ya know? Get to the room to get the quest item, cloud monster....blah probably a tengu...something tough but not soul crushing.

Nope...nasty surprise. Sometimes I just hate Team Ninja the sadistic bastards.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:11 PM   #191
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Oh hey, if you want to do some Revenant farming today, The Defiled Sanctuary is where it's at. Graves for days. It's what I'm currently doing right now. lol, just had to pass it on if you haven't checked it out yet.

Am I the only one that gets glee out of running roughshod over every Revenant that opens up with Sloth? I swear, I haven't even picked up that spell in this game and so many open with it. It's also funny watching what skills Revenants use, cause I don't even use two of the most used skills that Odachi users like to spam. (The triangle hold thrust that's like Iai, and the high stance slam.)

Edit: I've also seen a couple sadistic bastards that are going through the game never leveling up. You see their Revenants sometimes. Always do a double take when I see a level 1.

Edit2: And I finally turned on the item filter to only take blue and above. Was gonna do purple only, but figure blue mats are still good to turn into purple mats. Gonna see how this works out for me.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 25, 2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 01:51 PM   #192
Lazy8s
One day at a time

My goodness..thanks for the tip on that twilight mission lol. I think I came close to maxing my inventory out + another ~100 ochoko cups. Tonfa are priceless for farming revenants. If I get the first hit in, they're done.

RE: the purple materials, I had an odd experience this morning. My inventory was loaded with all high purples and I couldn't get purple armor to save my testis - today, with a 5% chance of purple, every single item forged purple the 2nd or 3rd time I got a full, and nicely perked up Fuma Ninja set.

Go figure.

Lastly - I'm on the last main mission in region 5, I think...everything else is checked and nothing new is showing. What a BS mission. High level enemies everywhere. Got through them only to hit a boss that just destroys me. Fast as hell, his kusa literally has 3 times the reach a kusa ought to have, and even with his stamina completely wrecked and gone he won't stagger or even slow down

So I went to another level boss, because that's how the area is built, and it just ...I don't know - a full 4 minutes of fighting and dodging and I never accomplished anything but using all my heals..There may be some youtube watching on these guys. I have to be missing something.

EDIT: Those two are down. Minimal dodging hyper aggressive YOLOOO!!! type stuff - screw those guys Can't wait to meet the next one...

EDIT2: I met the next one. First, this mission is insane. Getting to each boss is a boss fight all on it's own.

The 3rd one this level - what a rush seeing it for the first time, and that sinking feeling - I have to fight that? Well, 5 attempts, and I have it figured out. Getting it down to 20ish% before I die - timingtimingtiming.....

Last edited by Lazy8s : Mar 25, 2020 at 03:47 PM.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2020, 04:15 PM   #193
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Just had to walk away from the game. I found the one boss out of 5 whole regions (every mission complete) that is utter garbage. When you can die from multiple attacks from multiple directions coming from a place you can't even see off screen, that's tiring and poor design. Add to that the fact that lock on seems random, and will target different areas that you not only can't reach, you can't do damage there anyway.

Sigh....I hate crap like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 04:44 PM   #194
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

I just started Region 5. Looks like I got something to look forward too. Think I'm at the boss for the first main mission, but... don't have all Kodama yet. So that door can wait. Gotta rescue all the rest of my green bros first.

Nah, lookin' like it's just a sub boss.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 25, 2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 04:48 PM   #195
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I just started Region 5. Looks like I got something to look forward too. Think I'm at the boss for the first main mission, but... don't have all Kodama yet. So that door can wait. Gotta rescue all the rest of my green bros first.
You do, it's a solid hard core region.

I just watched a bit of my favorite youtuber fighting the one I'm at, and he's trying everything I tried and dying left and right.

I know how to beat it, it's just staying alive long enough to do it.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 06:03 PM   #196
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Cool, a boss that just chains a bull*** grapple. Cool cool.

It'd be one thing if grapples didn't have the insane range that they do or the fact that he also "heat" seeks to a degree.

Old Mar 25, 2020, 06:25 PM   #197
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Cool, a boss that just chains a bull*** grapple. Cool cool.

It'd be one thing if grapples didn't have the insane range that they do or the fact that he also "heat" seeks to a degree.
As a matter of course I haven't enjoyed the region 5 bosses as much as the earlier regions. You sound like the same things annoy you that do me, and if that's the case..get your most creative foul language ready. You're going to need it after you move on from the one you're at.

I got the one I was at down. It was a luck of the draw fight. It isn't complex, or even lengthy. You just die really quickly for no apparent reason. And then one fight, you don't die, for no apparent reason.

So I'm in region 6 now and closing on end game, just mopping up the last bits of 5 before I close this one out of NG and move onto plus.

Level 102 with a courage/dex split, tonfas are primary, hitting neary 1k dps and I should be unlocking remodeling soon Once that's done I'll find the final boss and get into where Nioh 2 really starts, NG+

Looking forward to it now that I'm really comfortable with the game.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:42 PM   #198
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Oh yeah, there was some creative yelling for sure. Tried switching to sword and it was arguably better. That damn kick in the sword tree just wrecks Ki much more reliably than an Odachi. Odachi is good, but you usually need to get the last hit of a combo off to do the most Ki damage and good luck doing that on that ****er. Might exit out of mission and redo it with a sword just to get some points for skills. *shrugs* Who knows.

Might try to soulmatch gear to level it as well, I like the set I'm wearing, just starting to get a little long in the tooth unfortunately and newer pieces are not dropping for me. Might just have to finally switch out these parts for parts of another set.

Also,

Oh well, back to it tomorrow. Played some Animal Crossing to cool down and think I'm gonna watch a movie. Haven't done that in a while.

Old Mar 26, 2020, 04:04 AM   #199
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Are you at Shibata? If so, that's the one I decided to repec on. He's just not a very nice guy.

On the ki management Odachi/heavy weapons...I am not nearly good enough wreck their ki and manage my own at the same time. I need something that leaves me 20% or more after a couple of hits or I'll leave myself in a bad way, every time.

I have 2 missions left in Twilight and then into Dream. It's been rough

edit: the grave swords are only the difficulty relative to you. Other players might see 3-5 swords, some will see 1. My own grave always shows just 1 sword, which means I can mess my own self up lol.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 05:07 AM   #200
Lazy8s
One day at a time

FYI regular side mission called Scattered fragments absolutely loaded with graves for the farming this morning. 75% of them died trying to spam sloth at me lol. That aside, I'm getting tons of high level purples, mostly weapons lvl ~120ish....
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:52 PM   #201
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I think I'm nearing the first, or the mission boss in the first mission region 6. This is just insanely good right now.

edit: Everything up to this point 100% complete but for some dojo missions and one mission that requires you to beat a high level dual sword dojo mission to unlock. I'll get back to that one.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 02:37 PM   #202
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Are you at Shibata?
Yup, and I think I'm about to shelve the game for the foreseeable future. There is nothing about this fight that is anywhere near fun and I'm just kinda over it for the time being.

Old Mar 26, 2020, 04:46 PM   #203
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yup, and I think I'm about to shelve the game for the foreseeable future. There is nothing about this fight that is anywhere near fun and I'm just kinda over it for the time being.
I get it man...him and one other which you've already seen me rant about...

It does get better again in region 6, but I get it man. Good luck when you jump back in later.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 07:13 PM   #204
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Snaggletooth McBitchGrapple is dead.

Old Mar 27, 2020, 07:59 PM   #205
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Snaggletooth McBitchGrapple is dead.

I just quit out of an endgame mission, can't be more than 1 or 2 bosses from the end and just.....it sucks. Amazingly fun region up to this. I'm going to farm and co-op for a bit just to level up, but this boss is not built to be challenging, it's built to be a maddening A-hole, and they succeeded.

edit: I'm at the throw my controller stage. This is me walking away. I'll create an expedition tomorrow and hopefully get some good co-op partners. This is ridiculous.

Last edited by Lazy8s : Mar 27, 2020 at 08:19 PM.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:43 PM   #206
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

I just quit out of an endgame mission, can't be more than 1 or 2 bosses from the end and just.....it sucks. Amazingly fun region up to this. I'm going to farm and co-op for a bit just to level up, but this boss is not built to be challenging, it's built to be a maddening A-hole, and they succeeded.

edit: I'm at the throw my controller stage. This is me walking away. I'll create an expedition tomorrow and hopefully get some good co-op partners. This is ridiculous.
Awesome, something more to look out for. I don't think my heart can take this anymore.

I think I exited out of the Snaggletooth mission 2 or 3 times to go back to mess around with equipment. i.e. see if there was anything I could do at the blacksmith. NOPE! lol

I miss my Clan already. Swapped out of my Luck clan for the one that gives extra health based on Stam and dmg based on Equipment weight. Now it's like I'm drowning in only a sea of crap tier blues. Might switch back tomorrow, we'll see. Stupid waiting 8 hours between switching.

Old Mar 28, 2020, 05:33 AM   #207
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Awesome, something more to look out for. I don't think my heart can take this anymore.

I think I exited out of the Snaggletooth mission 2 or 3 times to go back to mess around with equipment. i.e. see if there was anything I could do at the blacksmith. NOPE! lol

I miss my Clan already. Swapped out of my Luck clan for the one that gives extra health based on Stam and dmg based on Equipment weight. Now it's like I'm drowning in only a sea of crap tier blues. Might switch back tomorrow, we'll see. Stupid waiting 8 hours between switching.
I'm regularly exiting out now to see what I can do build/stat/weapons wise.

I'm really hoping there's some type of major balance patch incoming one day soon. What I'm basing that on is this.

2nd mission last region. I am destroying everything effortlessly, including some repeats that were super painful earlier in the game. I literally shred them.

I get to the boss and nope. I won't say why because spoilers, but it's literally ridiculous.

Next major gripe: Dojo missions.

Why do I need to have 200k ninja proficiency...what does it matter when I don't get to use my own tools, or armor, and am stuck with a low damage wooden weapon?

My opponent has unlimited stamina and items - block, bomb poison and kunai me all day long. What's the point?

I get and enjoy difficult. Crap like the above is just f'kn stupid.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 11:34 AM   #208
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Oof.

Yeah, Dojo missions were always rough. At least in this one they don't force you to use a sword you have no skill points in. That was great in the first one. Had to back out of the damn mission and run other stuff just to get some sword points to be able to do a Dojo mission. I'm still like a bazillion points behind in Ninjitsu and Onmyo to actually do the next stages. I had like 3x the amount of Odachi needed for their Mystic arts Dojo test though.

Also, just realized you could temper Accessorys as well. So that freed up some space when I just wholesale sold anything that wasn't purple as I can just temper to my liking.

Old Mar 28, 2020, 12:15 PM   #209
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oof.

Yeah, Dojo missions were always rough. At least in this one they don't force you to use a sword you have no skill points in. That was great in the first one. Had to back out of the damn mission and run other stuff just to get some sword points to be able to do a Dojo mission. I'm still like a bazillion points behind in Ninjitsu and Onmyo to actually do the next stages. I had like 3x the amount of Odachi needed for their Mystic arts Dojo test though.

Also, just realized you could temper Accessorys as well. So that freed up some space when I just wholesale sold anything that wasn't purple as I can just temper to my liking.
Yeah speaking of points, I've been "farming" them for the kusa. Tonfa shreds everything else in this game, but I need some reach for the boss I'm stuck at.

I really wanted to avoid the kusa because it was my go to everything last game, so it feels great using it again, but I really didn't want to.

What's really awesome though is that I was able to move my tonfa to scale primarily off of DEX along with the Kusa. That was a sweet move on the devs part as I have minimum for armor and magic I need, and everything else goes into dex.

Between that, tweaking with umbracite and inheritables/accessories I found, I just wrecked a certain boss that we all hate with kunai and shuriken. Always wanted to do that
Old Mar 28, 2020, 02:08 PM   #210
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

LOL, I love reading your rants Lazy8s. Your controller throwing rants at Sekiro was one of the main reasons I got that game. I am in the middle of a few other games right now or I would join the torture. Looking forward to your finally beat the game posts
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote