Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 14, 2017, 09:23 AM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

Scapegoat, the system is underpowered. There are many areas in Zelda and even one enemy in particular that will bring the switch to its knees.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 09:48 AM   #392
CurrentlyPissed
1.6 Litres of Fury

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Scapegoat, the system is underpowered. There are many areas in Zelda and even one enemy in particular that will bring the switch to its knees.
I dont have this problem in handheld mode, but it is certainly noticeable in docked mode.

But I did read an interesting article about there are currently no games that are specifically made for the switch, so what it's capable of we have yet to really see. (Not to say it isnt weak, but I think people forget that it's handheld first, and console second), and I can't say I blame nintendo. Hell you could take PS4 global sales, and Xbox one global sales. Add them together and you might get half of 3DS/DS sales.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:56 AM   #393
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
I dont have this problem in handheld mode, but it is certainly noticeable in docked mode.

But I did read an interesting article about there are currently no games that are specifically made for the switch, so what it's capable of we have yet to really see. (Not to say it isnt weak, but I think people forget that it's handheld first, and console second), and I can't say I blame nintendo. Hell you could take PS4 global sales, and Xbox one global sales. Add them together and you might get half of 3DS/DS sales.
I play exclusively in handheld mode. You simply havent gotten far enough into Zelda to come across the areas where it chugs hard. Once you fight to one tall moblin(common enemy) you'll notice it will slow down to almost 0 frames when you hit him. I am sure they could patch that one enemy but the rest of the world they cannot. Theres a forest will you will eventually reach that will chug the system plenty. Thats one of many places that will do it.

But, unoptimized games for the switch can be believable. I hope that Mario Odyssey can run 60fps in handheld mode and whatever else nintendo has plans for. I dont expect any 3rd parties will get any major games running on this(like a call of duty or something)

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:25 PM   #394
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The biggest problem is zelda is double buffered, so if. It drops 1 frame It goes straight to 20. Triple buffering would solve that but Nay.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 03:31 PM   #395
CurrentlyPissed
1.6 Litres of Fury

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I play exclusively in handheld mode. You simply havent gotten far enough into Zelda to come across the areas where it chugs hard. Once you fight to one tall moblin(common enemy) you'll notice it will slow down to almost 0 frames when you hit him. I am sure they could patch that one enemy but the rest of the world they cannot. Theres a forest will you will eventually reach that will chug the system plenty. Thats one of many places that will do it.

But, unoptimized games for the switch can be believable. I hope that Mario Odyssey can run 60fps in handheld mode and whatever else nintendo has plans for. I dont expect any 3rd parties will get any major games running on this(like a call of duty or something)
If you are talking about the big one eyed guys, I've killed plenty of them without problems.. I'm already past Zora place.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 04:03 PM   #396
logical
What is my purpose?

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
If you are talking about the big one eyed guys, I've killed plenty of them without problems.. I'm already past Zora place.
No not the Hinoxes. They are almost like regular moblins but taller.

Past Zoras doesnt matter here as the game is non linear. But you havent hit the forest yet most likely.