Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

NVIDIA Launches the GeForce GTX 460

Check out the latest DX11 part from NVIDIA, the GTX 460. Priced at $200 (768MB memory) and $230 (1GB), it has enough power for full HD gaming, with less power and noise than the AMD ATI Radeon HD 5830. The difference memory capacity models and performance differences might be confusing, so check out the reviews below before buying - and these are available now. For the new GF104 "Fermi" die, NVIDIA decided upon a full hard launch.

Source - NVIDIA Blog and Specifications

Reviews:

Hopefully we will now see the long-overdue prices cuts from AMD/ATI for the HD 5800 series. NVIDIA just became very relevant in the mid-range and low-end price segment of the enthusiast market.

Last edited by Android1 : Jul 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:41 PM   #2
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

Two of these in SLI might be cool, need some reviews on this.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 03:35 AM   #3
Taman Linkin
Rage3D Veteran

Taman Linkin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTaman Linkin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

NVIDIA, not NVIDAI
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:57 AM   #4
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks like a solid competitor for the 5830 and could very well be the best choice right now at the $200 price point.

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:12 AM   #5
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taman Linkin View Post
NVIDIA, not NVIDAI
Hush. If you complain too much, the alter "Jeff" will emerge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisler View Post
Looks like a solid competitor for the 5830 and could very well be the best choice right now at the $200 price point.
It is definitely a good performer, and it seems to compare to ATI's parts favorably in the noise department. I am surprised about the latter, to be honest.

Last edited by Android1 : Jul 12, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&PageS ize=50

Since dx11 I haven't even considered Nvidia since they didn't have a card in the range I consider reasonably priced. (~$200 and less) I'm glad they finally put something out in that range.

Last edited by Roxen : Jul 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM.
Roxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:20 AM   #7
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

updated OP with some reviews. Looks like NVIDIA just made the 5830 look irrelevant.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:32 AM   #8
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I thought nVidia weren't bothered about DX11?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:09 PM   #9
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
updated OP with some reviews. Looks like NVIDIA just made the 5830 look irrelevant.
Good job with those reviews.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:09 PM   #10
HowardPM
Radeon R420

HowardPM is still being judged by the masses

Default hmm

Hope to see a major price drop on the 5850's now.
HowardPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:23 PM   #11
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardPM View Post
Hope to see a major price drop on the 5850's now.
I would expect one. The GTX 460 competes extremely well with it.