Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 20, 2017, 08:00 AM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So... I just realized that this thing is a handheld...
Its a hybrid home console-handheld, in case you didn't know.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2017, 08:22 AM   #242
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Its a hybrid home console-handheld, in case you didn't know.
Nope, it's a Home Console. That is how Nintendo advertises it. It's not a handheld even though you can take it on the go. They don't want to damage sales of the 3DS until they see how well it sells. If does amazing its first year this will be the only Nintendo platform in the future, otherwise we will get another handheld.

https://youtu.be/lvnI2osXUEQ

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old Feb 20, 2017, 09:10 AM   #243
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Nope, it's a Home Console. That is how Nintendo advertises it. It's not a handheld even though you can take it on the go. They don't want to damage sales of the 3DS until they see how well it sells. If does amazing its first year this will be the only Nintendo platform in the future, otherwise we will get another handheld.

https://youtu.be/lvnI2osXUEQ

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I know you're being sarcastic but still, Nintendo even named it the "Switch" meaning it changes from one thing to another. Regardless of how they are playing it close to the vest about it not affecting the 3DS, its clearly plain to see what this thing is.

Honestly I am not convinced it will affect the 3DS too much anyways. The thing is too big to fit into a kid's pocket.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 21, 2017, 02:28 AM   #244
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

3ds isn't exactly able to fit into kids pockets either that thing can't fit in my pockets most of the time.

Based. On my xl that is which the switch without controllers is about the same size as.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2017, 08:21 AM   #245
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Seems like the joycons have some syncing issues.

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2017, 06:07 PM   #246
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Signals having trouble going through the human body(made mostly of water)? HOW DID THEY COME TO THIS CONCLUSION!?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2017, 06:16 PM   #247
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

A bluetooth device should not be that easily disrupted.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 06:35 PM   #248
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Seems like an issue that needs to be addressed and you would hope fixed without a return of some hardware. I shouldn't have to worry about how I hold the controller.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2017, 06:45 PM   #249
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Given that it's a tiny controller that gets engulfed in your entire hand, is anyone really surprised?
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2017, 06:48 PM   #250
Mangler
PC

Might just be defective controllers.

I mean, it is just the left one that is having sync issues.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 05:27 AM   #251
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
Given that it's a tiny controller that gets engulfed in your entire hand, is anyone really surprised?
Yes

I can be in another room and my PS4 controller still works... For gaming you always want a strong signal to keep input latency fast and strong.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 01:02 PM   #252
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

a PS4 control is not wrapping inside your hand. Either way, that video shows it has nothing to do with that.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 04:49 PM   #253
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

No one can wrap a PS4 controller in their hand lol. What protocol is the switch joycons using? Whats the PS4 using?

Old Feb 26, 2017, 05:43 PM   #254
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Placing your hand around it or putting the controller behind your back also makes control wonky for both the right and left controller.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 05:45 PM   #255
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
No one can wrap a PS4 controller in their hand lol. What protocol is the switch joycons using? Whats the PS4 using?
Bluetooth for both I believe so it should have a 30' range on it.

And yes two hands holding the PS4 controller can wrap it (not everyone is Donald Trump). There are people who while holding a DS4 properly would completely cover the front which is the issue with the Joycon, not just hiding the controller completely.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 01:07 AM   #256
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

seems people have pre-ordered this system into unavailability

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2017, 09:40 AM   #257
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Placing your hand around it or putting the controller behind your back also makes control wonky for both the right and left controller.
Same deal signal going through the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
seems people have pre-ordered this system into unavailability
Its been pre-ordered to unavailability since a day or 2 it was available like a month ago. I wonder what my chances are of walking into a best buy friday to get one?

Old Feb 27, 2017, 01:01 PM   #258
Mangler
PC

Y'all are acting like a bt signal is as fragile as an IR remote.

Wireless mice would be unreliable as **** if you could block the signal by not using the claw.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 01:13 PM   #259
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

^This. And wireless in-ear bluetooth headphones would only be able to play music from a phone in someone else's pocket.

If there are connection problems on the controllers, the design or implementation is at fault. Hope it's something they can fix with a patch.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 01:28 PM   #260
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
^This. And wireless in-ear bluetooth headphones would only be able to play music from a phone in someone else's pocket.

If there are connection problems on the controllers, the design or implementation is at fault. Hope it's something they can fix with a patch.
Depends on the hardware being used. Bragi Dash(wireless bluetooth headphones) will cut out if they are in your back pocket. I know some other truly wireless headphones (not that jaybird stuff) have the same issues.

Joycons look to be pretty small so they might have been limited on what hardware they could use for it. In comparison a mouse and a ps4 controller probably have a lot more space to fit stuff.

Last edited by logical : Feb 27, 2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 03:53 PM   #261
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have had issues with certain blue tooth speakers on surface pro. I am sure its some driver issue that causes the connection not to sync properly.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:44 AM   #262
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Seeing as it's only some of them I could be a faulty batch (for Nintendo sake I hope not), or a issue that can be patched.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:46 PM   #263
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Certainly triple dipping on stardew valley, some of those titles will also get.

Old Feb 28, 2017, 05:30 PM   #264
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

Certainly triple dipping on stardew valley, some of those titles will also get.
I am royally pissed at the developers of Bit Trip Runner 3. Way to support your loyal fans on other platforms. Here is a hint, a lot of us don't want (or can't afford ) a $300 toy. (The switch is a pure toy, no other function than games, unlike say a computer....)

Hope this move bites them in the ass and they have to come crawling back.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink| Logitech K840 |Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Dell U2410F | Dell 2007FP| Creative T20 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Moto E4 w/ 64gb memory card
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:28 PM   #265
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

They startee first on the 3ds before porting to other platforms, sure exclusivity sucks, but I'm surprised they're even making a 3rd.

Old Mar 1, 2017, 06:41 PM   #266
Nascar24

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/review-nintendo-switch/

Doesn't sound like something I want to spend my money on at this point in time.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 09:03 PM   #267
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
https://www.wired.com/2017/03/review-nintendo-switch/

Doesn't sound like something I want to spend my money on at this point in time.
The left Joycon is concerning. I ordered a pro controller because I plan on using it on my PC and my wife wanted one. I hope there is a launch patch fixing the JoyCon issue.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:34 AM   #268
Mangler
PC

It might be a non-issue now, it looks like nintendo has a firmware update for the controller.

Or maybe not, users are reporting about an update taking care of it, but this is what eurogamer has to say about it:

Quote:
UPDATE 2/3/17 4:00pm: The Nintendo Switch's day one system update has launched, and there are reports online that installing the patch with the Joy-Cons attached updates the firmware on the controllers, resolving the de-sync issues. Is this really the case? Unfortunately not. We've updated our console with controllers attached and re-run the battery of tests detailed below. In all cases, the range and consistency of the connection of each Joy-Con remains the same, and the left controller still has demonstrably weaker range than the right. Eurogamer has contacted Nintendo several times now concerning this issue, and we still await a reply.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:14 AM   #269
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

One day before launch and Nintendo's stock has taken a dive. Not much confidence in Nintendo right now. It's a shame, 'cause the console itself looks fabulous. Too bad Nintendo's leadership is utterly incompetent.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:18 AM   #270
logical
What is my purpose?

Is anyone legit not buying it because of the joy con connection though?