Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Sep 18, 2019, 04:10 PM   #1231
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
If it was more powerful none of this would be an issue.....
True but from what I hear the $40 switch port of crash team racing runs at a very consistent frame rate. Sounds like a lazy cash grab to me.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2019, 05:00 PM   #1232
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Pretty crazy for a $60 reskin of a damn near 30 year old game targeted for just the one system.
Its a little more than a reskin but they should have worked out the frame drops. It seems to be missing that Nintendo polish where everything they make always runs at a solid frame rate.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2019, 05:39 PM   #1233
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Even though it has frame drops its getting stellar reviews. Definitely more then a reskin, Only thing that is reskinned is the story.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 21, 2019, 08:19 PM   #1234
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Lol I go to the nstore, start to buy the link game, and then decide not to

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:29 PM   #1235
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Finished the game lol. A couple of days with nothing to do coupled with playing the old version makes it quick. It’s a great remake despite the frame drops.

Old Sep 22, 2019, 08:47 AM   #1236
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Frame drops are due to the slower SD card/Gamecarts, drops less frequently on internal Storage. Also double buffer Vsync.

It's more of a issue of the loading of assets that causes the framedrops.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:37 PM   #1237
logical
What is my purpose?

Nah it’s more than that. I have a fast as card and it stutters in certain places.

Old Sep 22, 2019, 02:17 PM   #1238
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Nah it’s more than that. I have a fast as card and it stutters in certain places.

The SD cards all run at about the same speed in a switch and the Internal Memory is a lot faster.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...do-switch-7000

You can test it in game, if you get a new item the game will suddenly drop framerate or if the game loads a new area. However if you're already in that area and go around the same place the framerate will be locked.

It's only when it loads assets that it drops the framerate, and the vsync kicks in and drops it to 30fps for a second and then back to 60.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Sep 22, 2019, 04:42 PM   #1239
logical
What is my purpose?

Can’t watch the video now but since having already beat the game I’m sure it’s not just from loading. There are areas where there is water where it is always choppy like the swamps.

Old Sep 22, 2019, 08:25 PM   #1240
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:04 AM   #1241
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

The SD cards all run at about the same speed in a switch and the Internal Memory is a lot faster.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...do-switch-7000

You can test it in game, if you get a new item the game will suddenly drop framerate or if the game loads a new area. However if you're already in that area and go around the same place the framerate will be locked.

It's only when it loads assets that it drops the framerate, and the vsync kicks in and drops it to 30fps for a second and then back to 60.
So playing from a physical game cart affects the framerate drops as well? I watched the video but I don't think it was clear from his explanation, or if he was just comparing internal memory to SD card.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:23 AM   #1242
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
So playing from a physical game cart affects the framerate drops as well? I watched the video but I don't think it was clear from his explanation, or if he was just comparing internal memory to SD card.
Catridge is the Slowest out of them, but it's still pretty close to SD card speeds.

Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:24 AM   #1243
logical
What is my purpose?

I finally got around to that video. That guy clearly didnt go through the whole game to hit the spots where it doesnt matter where you are running the game. Constant low frames in the swamps and in some castles as well. The second video posted showed the swamps bogged down.

Its widely known that internal memory is faster than sdcards/game carts but thats not the reason there is slow down in this game.

Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:33 AM   #1244
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Hopefully future patches optimize it. I'm probably going to grab it one of these days.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:35 AM   #1245
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I finally got around to that video. That guy clearly didnt go through the whole game to hit the spots where it doesnt matter where you are running the game. Constant low frames in the swamps and in some castles as well. The second video posted showed the swamps bogged down.

Its widely known that internal memory is faster than sdcards/game carts but thats not the reason there is slow down in this game.
It is for the parts that isn't the swamps or other certain area's. They're mainly talking about teh parts where the game drops to 30fps nearly every time you do something new, or load a new area.

The swamps are neither GPU/CPU bound, as overclocks do very little to those, that's well god knows what's up with those.

To be honest It's ridiculous it has any drops in the first place. They should do 60fps, and if it can't then reduce post process effects/assets complexity until the game is 60fps. It's a nice looking game but a game like this should do 60fps no problem, if they didn't go overboard on the post process crap.

Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:39 AM   #1246
logical
What is my purpose?

The game is completely fine even with the dips. This is no fast game shooter its a 3dish side scroller zelda so you wont need 60fps to do anything.

Played through the whole game with no problem and see no reason to nitpick over frames IMO.

Nintendo is definitely known for their polish on their own games with the rock solid frames but this game is missing it. Its no big deal IMO, cause Id rather them focus their polish on something like breath of the wild 2.

BTW, I played exclusively in handheld mode.

Old Sep 26, 2019, 02:42 PM   #1247
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

Default Disqualified Dairy Queen Friday!

Tomorrow is DQ Friday. DQ 1,2,3, and 11 make their way to the switch. I've never actually played Dragon Warrior 2, so I'll probably get that.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:47 AM   #1248
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished Link's awakening, it was pretty neat, not as good as its bigger brother though.

But was the extreme handholding present in the GB version or did they add the "GO HERE!" stuff in the switch remake?

Feels like it made an already short game even shorter.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:05 AM   #1249
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Considering it doesn't have the weapon degradation BOTW has, it's instantly better to me

Haven't bought it, but looking forward to it after seeing some playthrough and reviews.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:17 AM   #1250
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's A Link to the Past, only much shorter and with WAY more hints.

It's good, but it can't hang with the game that it is imitating.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:01 PM   #1251
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It's A Link to the Past, only much shorter and with WAY more hints.

It's good, but it can't hang with the game that it is imitating.
I feel like all Zelda games are a cakewalk, except for Breath of the Wild which was hard at first because of the stupid everything breaks in 2 seconds.

10-15 hours is the average range for this game.

Also it's nice to play a Zelda game with actual music . Damn breath of the wild could have had some really nice tunes but 99% of it as basically wind chimes.

Old Oct 2, 2019, 03:28 PM   #1252
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I now see the reason for owning a Switch.
True epic level gaming is here!!
http://www.nintendolife.com/games/sw...ack_to_the_90s

Pantsu Hunter! Back to the 90's lol

Wowzers Big N is living on the edge.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 08:20 PM   #1253
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

For lack of a better place to ask this...

Are these all the same game?

New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U)
New Super Mario Bros Deluxe (Switch)

I was about to pick up New Super Mario Bros for Wii, thinking they were different games for some reason between Wii and Wii U. Then stumbled on the Deluxe version, which I read was actually the Wii U game with some changes and additions.

I've been searching for a good deal on a Switch, so if all 3 are the same game...I'll just wait and buy Deluxe.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:16 PM   #1254
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
For lack of a better place to ask this...

Are these all the same game?

New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U)
New Super Mario Bros Deluxe (Switch)
The last 2 are the same game, although the Switch version may add an extra playable character or something like that. The Wii version is a different (albeit very similar) game.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:22 PM   #1255
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
The last 2 are the same game, although the Switch version may add an extra playable character or something like that. The Wii version is a different (albeit very similar) game.
Ok, great. I was suspecting that, but had a hard time proving it. Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM   #1256
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Ok, great. I was suspecting that, but had a hard time proving it. Thanks!
Think of it like this:

NSMB Wii = Super Mario Bros
NSMB U = Super Mario Bros 3 (Its not really a sequal, but its kind of like the "This consoles version of the side scroller Mario platformer"
NSMB U Deluxe = Enhanced Wii-U version ported to Switch.

A lot of first party Wiii-U titles have been ported to Switch...so its actually best to get the Switch version of those games as they're likely enhanced/improved in some way.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense

Last edited by Sasquach : Yesterday at 09:07 AM.
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM   #1257
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I'll keep an eye out for more of them. Some of them I've already owned for a while, like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Just don't want to buy the same games twice, and if I don't own them... definitely makes more sense to wait and get the Switch version.