Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Dec 28, 2019, 06:34 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Thoughts on 2012 Camaro 2LT V6

Thinking about going to look a the above mentioned auto. It's pretty much loaded. Twenty inch factory rims. Reverse camera. Leather. All the guages. RS package.
It has 53,000 miles. Asking price is thirteen. Thing is I've never driven a newer Camaro and I've heard the view from the inside is horrible. So thoughts?
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2019, 06:41 PM   #2
Roadhog
Sausages

Roadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

No. Just no.

This is going to sound like a douche comment, but it's not! If you are looking for a cheaper used car... Don't get one with 20" rims. The tires are insanely expensive and they bend very easy. That's a lot of money to dump on a $13k car.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2019, 06:55 PM   #3
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Twenty inch rims .. gross.

It's a V6. The Camaro is heavy as all hell. The only cars worth buying in those Mustang/Challenger/Camaro/Charger bracket are the ones that have V8s.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 28, 2019, 07:07 PM   #4
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Old Dec 28, 2019, 07:45 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I wouldn't, but then you know my recent track record with GM
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2019, 08:09 PM   #6
kytprice
Autism Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I wouldn't, but then you know my recent track record with GM
I certainly understand that. And I'm doubtful I'll get this car. My SS Impala has way more room and just 41,000 miles. Guess I've just wanted one since they came out again ten years ago.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 08:35 PM   #7
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

No. Just no.
Clockwork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:41 PM   #8
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Also voting no, and no on anything with 20" wheels on it. Big, heavy, expensive boat anchors just slowing everything down.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 09:09 PM   #9
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Test drive it. If you like it, go for it. If you don't, look for the next option.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2019, 09:39 PM   #10
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

No V8 is a no go for me on a stang or a camaro. I would keep the SS over one of those.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:28 AM   #11
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I would save up a little longer until I could afford a V8.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:05 PM   #12
kytprice
Autism Awareness

Interesting tidbit I found. My V8 Impala weighs sixteen pounds less than the V6 Camaro. 3712 to 3728. Blows my mind. I think I'll stick with what I've got for now the LS4 has plenty of power for me.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:38 PM   #13
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I agree that the Mustangs/Camaro's are big/heavy, there's no getting around that. But if you're just driving around and drag racing, that's where the V8 comes in. For example, a 2018+ Mustang GT is capable of 11's in the 1/4 with the auto. Not a slug, that's respectable.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 01:14 PM   #14
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

You lost me at v6.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 04:16 PM   #15
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

You ever sat in one?
its like sitting in a tank.

tiny shallow slit sized windows makes for poor visibility.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2019, 08:12 AM   #16
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Why not a Chevy SS?

400HP V8, manual tranny, total sleeper.
Holden product from Australia so exotic.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2019, 08:57 AM   #17
kytprice
Autism Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Why not a Chevy SS?

400HP V8, manual tranny, total sleeper.
Holden product from Australia so exotic.
Would love one. Totally out of my price range.
Bought my wife a new car this year. Our first. This is a secondary car/toy for me. Caring for my son everyday I put very few miles on a car now.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 02:21 PM   #18
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
Would love one. Totally out of my price range.
Bought my wife a new car this year. Our first. This is a secondary car/toy for me. Caring for my son everyday I put very few miles on a car now.
Find a Pontiac G8 then.
Its pretty much the 'previous generation' of chevy SS, not sure if it comes in a stick though.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2020, 05:22 PM   #19
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Find a Pontiac G8 then.
Its pretty much the 'previous generation' of chevy SS, not sure if it comes in a stick though.
Or Pontiac GTO..

Chevy SS, Pontiac G8, and Pontiac GTO are all rebadged Holden cars.
RWD / V8 / Manual Transmission [option]

All depends how much money he has to spend and if he would prefer a coupe [GTO] or sedan [SS and G8].

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:07 AM   #20
kytprice
Autism Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
Or Pontiac GTO..

Chevy SS, Pontiac G8, and Pontiac GTO are all rebadged Holden cars.
RWD / V8 / Manual Transmission [option]

All depends how much money he has to spend and if he would prefer a coupe [GTO] or sedan [SS and G8].
I've been looking for one of those three for a while. Anything in a two hundred mile radius of me has way over 100k miles with a asking price of 15-20.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 02:12 PM   #21
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The G8 is actually a good looking car in my opinion.

I'd romp a stick shift version.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2020, 03:45 PM   #22
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Those are good options if you only care about going fast in a straight line. The Camaro's suspension geometry and chassis design is much better than those others.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote