Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » General Radeon Discussion
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Radeon Discussion General discussion for news and rumours about discrete Radeon graphics products. Do not ask for tech support here, instead please use the Radeon Technical Support forum.

"

Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wizzackr
Radeon HD 6770

wizzackr is still being judged by the masses

Talking now thats cool...

have a look at the poll on the right side of the [H] frontpage:

what vidcard would you buy today?
ATI: 90%+
nvidia: 8.1%
other: the rest...
hopefully we have some ATI folks enjoying that...
wizzackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:13 PM   #2
Malachi1313
Rage3D Veteran

Malachi1313 is still being judged by the masses

I saw that too...pretty much says it all huh??
Malachi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:15 PM   #3
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

That's great! Muahaha...
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:22 PM   #4
wizzackr
Radeon HD 6770

wizzackr is still being judged by the masses

Cool

and thats more than 2500 votes so far... SLAP!
...wait, what was that sound?!?
wizzackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:24 PM   #5
DekerBSB
Radeon HD 6770

DekerBSB is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: now thats cool...

Quote:
Originally posted by wizzackr

if i know well [H] will edit the pool in the same way they edited the NV30 vs R300 pool....
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:29 PM   #6
Crash7
Radeon HD 7970

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: Re: now thats cool...

Quote:
Originally posted by DekerBSB
if i know well [H] will edit the pool in the same way they edited the NV30 vs R300 pool....
Oh, yeah. I remember that. They just kinda pulled it from the site and declared it a tie.
Crash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:30 PM   #7
frgmstr
Radeon HD 6870

frgmstr is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: Re: now thats cool...

Quote:
Originally posted by DekerBSB
Yes, that poll is simply a big conspiracy to make ATI look bad.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:30 PM   #8
DekerBSB
Radeon HD 6770

Default Re: Re: Re: now thats cool...

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash7
Oh, yeah. I remember that. They just kinda pulled it from the site and declared it a tie.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:32 PM   #9
IbaneZ
Radeon HD 6870

IbaneZ is still being judged by the masses

So, have you voted yet?
IbaneZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:36 PM   #10
frgmstr
Radeon HD 6870

Quote:
Originally posted by IbaneZ
So, have you voted yet?
THIS LINK will give you a much better graph scaling.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:37 PM   #11
DekerBSB
Radeon HD 6770

Quote:
Originally posted by frgmstr
yep
this Kyle Bennett guy is really a nvidia fanboy
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:38 PM   #12
FiggyG
Rage3D Veteran

FiggyG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFiggyG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

that's great...
FiggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:47 PM   #13
Audi2Honda
Rage3D Veteran

Audi2Honda is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: now thats cool...

Quote:
Originally posted by wizzackr

But this is an ATI enthusiast forum and site? THere aren't any Nvidia forums here so what kind of results would you expect.

Take it with a grain of salt those results mean nothing, but ....

I did just ditch my MX440 for a 9600Pro this weekend
Audi2Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:47 PM   #14
digitalwanderer
Dangerously Mirthful

digitalwanderer is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
So have you and Anand talked about new cheat standards yet? Are you ready to reconsider the importance of synthetic benchmarks? (Hey, 3dm2k3 was RIGHT! Those who took it's findings about FX seriously without just saying it wasn't indicative of "REAL WORLD GAMING" weren't surprised when the FX was found to be sucking at DX9 "REAL WORLD GAMING" Kyle. )

What do YOU plan to do to re-establish your credibility Kyle?

Bubbles Phenom II X4 965 BE, Gigabyte MA790FXT-UDP5, 2x2GB Corsair XMS3, ATi Radeon HD 5970, ADA885, Corsair 620hx, 200GB, 200GB, CD/DVD burner
Blue Phenom X4 9950 BE, Asus A8A32-MVP, 2x1Gb Crucial PC8500, ATi Radeon HD 4870, ATi 650 Theatre Pro, 250GB, 500GB
Darkstar Phenom II X4 955 BE, Asus M3A32-MVP, 1x2Gb Kingston HyperX PC8500, 512MB Radeon 5870, DVD, 80GB, 160GB
Fluffy Phenom II X4 940 BE ,Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H, 2x1Gb Corsair Dominator PC8500, ATi Radeon HD 4970, 250GB, QuickCam
Bertha Inspiron 1705 UXGA, C2D T5200 (1.6Ghz), 2Gb DDR2 @ 533, 256Mb ATi Mobility X1400, 120Gb 5400, CD/DVD burner
Baggo Dell Inspiron 8200, P4 1.8Ghz, 1-1/2Gb PC2100, 32Mb GeForce2 Go, 120Gb HDD

digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:37 PM   #15
CowboyBebop
Rage3D Sage

CowboyBebop is still being judged by the masses

he's to proud for that DW
CowboyBebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:44 PM   #16
digitalwanderer
Dangerously Mirthful

Quote:
Originally posted by CowboyBebop
he's to proud for that DW
I know, when I criticised him for it in a thread at [H] he posted up that he's been recomending ATi for a year now!

Bubbles Phenom II X4 965 BE, Gigabyte MA790FXT-UDP5, 2x2GB Corsair XMS3, ATi Radeon HD 5970, ADA885, Corsair 620hx, 200GB, 200GB, CD/DVD burner
Blue Phenom X4 9950 BE, Asus A8A32-MVP, 2x1Gb Crucial PC8500, ATi Radeon HD 4870, ATi 650 Theatre Pro, 250GB, 500GB
Darkstar Phenom II X4 955 BE, Asus M3A32-MVP, 1x2Gb Kingston HyperX PC8500, 512MB Radeon 5870, DVD, 80GB, 160GB
Fluffy Phenom II X4 940 BE ,Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H, 2x1Gb Corsair Dominator PC8500, ATi Radeon HD 4970, 250GB, QuickCam
Bertha Inspiron 1705 UXGA, C2D T5200 (1.6Ghz), 2Gb DDR2 @ 533, 256Mb ATi Mobility X1400, 120Gb 5400, CD/DVD burner
Baggo Dell Inspiron 8200, P4 1.8Ghz, 1-1/2Gb PC2100, 32Mb GeForce2 Go, 120Gb HDD

Old Sep 16, 2003, 04:52 PM   #17
friskyolive
Looking down on you!

friskyolive is still being judged by the masses

And taking a look from waaaaaaaaay back when, I dont think Ati had ever lost a poll to that degree from what I can remember. What a joke. [H] is being discredited for blindly following nvidias trail of destruction.

[CPU]: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM3 3.4GHZ 8MB Cache 125W 45NM [MOBO]: ASUS M4A78T-E ATX 790GX Socket AM3 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI HDMI Video Sound GBLAN Motherboard[GPU]: Powercolor Radeon HD 5770 In Crossfire [SOUND]: Corsair Gaming Audio Series CA-HS1A Headset 50MM Drivers Circumaural Earcups and the Creative Sound Blaster X-FI TITANIUM Fatality PRO with Yamaha 5590 Receiver[MEMORY]: OCZ (OCZ3G1600LV4GK) DDR3 1600MHz Gold Edition Low Voltage 4GB (2x2048MB) Dual Channel and G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB [MONITOR]: DELL U2410, 24W, OPT/FPWS,CUS [HD]: Western Digital 320GB and 1 TB Black Edition [Optical Drives]: LG GSA-4167B Dual Layer DVD±R/RW Drive [PSU]: Corsair HX 1000 watt [OS]: Win7 64-bit Professional On a Antec 1200 Full Tower Case.
friskyolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 05:00 PM   #18
MarsGrunt
Rage3D Veteran

MarsGrunt is still being judged by the masses

Doh, Stupid nvidia fanboys!
MarsGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 05:21 PM   #19
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS is still being judged by the masses

A good thing that even the general public knows that Nvidia cards are not doing too great.

"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 05:22 PM   #20
CHIPS
The Overmind

BTW, was that poll made after the Valve speech? Or after?

"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
Old Sep 16, 2003, 06:54 PM   #21
frgmstr
Radeon HD 6870

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I know, when I criticised him for it in a thread at [H] he posted up that he's been recomending ATi for a year now!
Just remember that making up your own reality, STILL does not make it the facts, just because YOU beleive it.

To your point above, here is exactly what you said:

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwonderer
Claiming you've been supporting the 9800 Pro for the last year is a little hard to swallow Kyle.
And here again is my answer which your conveniently ignored:

From our last 4 Video Card Reviews:

Albatron FX5900PV Review
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTExLDEx
"Judging by the performance accumulated in this review and by the prices at which these cards can be found we find that the 9800 Pro really becomes the smarter buy."

Tyan Tachyon G9600 Pro
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTAyLDEy
"The Tyan Tachyon G9600 Pro really does pack a punch that deserves your attention when you are talking about mainstream video cards that will not break your bank. It has all the features of the high end-end cards: DX9, high quality AA and AF along with a nice aesthetically pleasing design that is cool and functional. Combine that with the robust hardware monitoring and fan manipulation feature as well as the Dual DVI option and you really can have it all with the G9600 Pro."

M10 - Rise of the Silicon
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDk0LDU=
Given the fact that the Radeon Mobility 9600 series is currently the fastest and most revolutionary new mobile chipset coming to market, it seems fitting that we bestow ATI’s latest mobile VPU with the HardOCP "Must Have Hardware" Award.

BFG Technologies 5900 Ultra Review
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDk2LDEy
"The BFGTech Asylum GeForceFX 5900 Ultra is very capable at accelerating today's games with AA and AF enabled and can provide very playable framerates at high resolutions. From what we have seen it looks as though it will be a very capable DOOM3 card as well. But only time will tell as we know all the benchmarks in the world are not capable of pointing out game specific play until we have the game in hand."

Then, another forum member of ours "fugu", who also likes to use facts to back their arguments posted this:

"well, the 9800 pro hasn't been out for a year, but he's been supporting it since it's been avaliable

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDM5LDEz
Quote:
And so it continues. As seen today, the 9800PRO is certainly a worthy successor to the 9700PRO, an already fantastic product . . . For now, if you want the absolute best there is, the 9800 Pro is it.
http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDQ4

Quote:
Our synthetic pixel shader testing would seem to suggest that the ATI 9800 VPU is also aimed at catering to games that are not yet even on the market. This of course might ease anyone's mind that is looking for a video card solution that is 'future proof'. One thing is for sure, ATI's new 9800 series VPU will deliver the most frames per second while also providing image quality that is second to none.
http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDcyLDE0

Quote:
Both cards offer exceptional performance, but if I have to place my finger on which card I would choose for my primary system that I play my games on, I would have to opt for the 256MB 9800 Pro. It has better AA quality, and can play at 6XAA on a 256MB card very easily. It has also proven to be very strong in shader operations
http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDU2LDk=

Quote:
From the packaging, to the bundle, to the performance possibilities with this card, we can say this is one solid card for your money. If we were in the market for an elite gaming card today, the VisionTek Xtasy 9800 Pro would be one of two cards that would be on our short list of cards to purchase for a primary gaming machine. Sad but true, NVIDIA's 5800 series is nowhere to be found on that list.
"

It is all here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....&pagenumber=24

Would you care to now back up your statement, or simply act as if this was not posted as you did in our forums?
Old Sep 16, 2003, 07:29 PM   #22
digitalwanderer
Dangerously Mirthful

Quote:
Just remember that making up your own reality, STILL does not make it the facts, just because YOU beleive it.

To your point above, here is exactly what you said:

And here again is my answer which your conveniently ignored:

From our last 4 Video Card Reviews:

Albatron FX5900PV Review
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTExLDEx
"Judging by the performance accumulated in this review and by the prices at which these cards can be found we find that the 9800 Pro really becomes the smarter buy."

Tyan Tachyon G9600 Pro
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTAyLDEy
"The Tyan Tachyon G9600 Pro really does pack a punch that deserves your attention when you are talking about mainstream video cards that will not break your bank. It has all the features of the high end-end cards: DX9, high quality AA and AF along with a nice aesthetically pleasing design that is cool and functional. Combine that with the robust hardware monitoring and fan manipulation feature as well as the Dual DVI option and you really can have it all with the G9600 Pro."

M10 - Rise of the Silicon
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDk0LDU=
Given the fact that the Radeon Mobility 9600 series is currently the fastest and most revolutionary new mobile chipset coming to market, it seems fitting that we bestow ATI’s latest mobile VPU with the HardOCP "Must Have Hardware" Award.

BFG Technologies 5900 Ultra Review
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDk2LDEy
"The BFGTech Asylum GeForceFX 5900 Ultra is very capable at accelerating today's games with AA and AF enabled and can provide very playable framerates at high resolutions. From what we have seen it looks as though it will be a very capable DOOM3 card as well. But only time will tell as we know all the benchmarks in the world are not capable of pointing out game specific play until we have the game in hand."

Then, another forum member of ours "fugu", who also likes to use facts to back their arguments posted this:

"well, the 9800 pro hasn't been out for a year, but he's been supporting it since it's been avaliable

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDM5LDEz

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDQ4

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDcyLDE0

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDU2LDk=

"

It is all here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....&pagenumber=24

Would you care to now back up your statement, or simply act as if this was not posted as you did in our forums?
No, since we're here and I consider this a bit more of a fair forum than yours I'll be more than happy to point out just a few little inconsistancies with your claim...

I'm curious how you view your coverage of 3dm2k3 now, is it STILL a useless tool or is the fact that it predicted nVidia's shortcomings kind of a bit of a biatch for you to deal with now?

I'm also curious about your little "almost-trilinear is just as good" informercial you did for nVidia and if you regret it in hindsite or think that an IHV should be allowed to control such things still and if fansites should just blindly back up their claim. (It's a pun, get it? "Blindly" on an image quality comparison! )

I'd also like to know why you totally skipped out on mentioning nVidia's driver cheating on your frontpage and always seemed to make it sound like ATi was the one in the wrong?

I'll go hunt up some more stuff to ask you, I didn't think you'd have the balls to come back and take responsibility for the total BS you've been spewing for the last few months...I'll get right back to you with some more.

Old Sep 16, 2003, 07:41 PM   #23
digitalwanderer
Dangerously Mirthful

Here where you predict that codepaths will become more divergent for benching, which is true but you fail to point out that nVidia was in the wrong for being the ones who were not conforming to spec and that any DX9 games NOT specifically coded for them would such,"If you are in the market for a high end gaming card, the BFGTech Asylum GeForceFX 5900 Ultra should definitely be on your short list." kind of speaks for itself, in regards to a 5600 Sean wrote "the card is relatively future-proof as it features a next-generation graphics card with full DX9 support"(By the way, sorry to hear he left [H] over differences with you...he was one of your good ones ), "Without question, the GeForce FX 5200 is the undisputed budget performance champion.", and one of me fave's is still "To put it simply, current synthetic benchmarks overall, do a disservice to the hardware community and everyone that will ever buy a 3D video card or a computer that has one installed. Outside of the possibility of being misleading by focusing on performance factors that are not representative of actual game play, there is another dark “secret” that is actually being paid for with your money, and at the same time forces hardware manufacturers to deliver less to you.".

Oh, and the whole UT2k3 quasi-trilinear issue really should get your geek license revoked...be glad all it did was make you a laughing stock everywhere but in your own little insulated world of [H].

I eagerly wait your reply.

Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:10 PM   #24
digitalwanderer
Dangerously Mirthful

"Oh Kyyyyyyle, I'm waaaaaaiting...."

Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:20 PM   #25
Shapeshifter
Rage3D Veteran

Shapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
ROFL god that looks so funny.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:25 PM   #26
CHIPS
The Overmind

I don't think he is on anymore.

Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:30 PM   #27
frgmstr
Radeon HD 6870

Quote:
I am waiting for yours as well.

You have failed to address my very specific post in answer to yours still yet. Why should I move on and address yours? One of the reasons that I had stopped posting here, besides the obvious flaming, was that you and others like you change the subject when you are PROVEN wrong...just like now.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:31 PM   #28
EMunEeE
Formerly MrEMan4K

EMunEeE is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
LMAO...I never knew Kyle posted here at Rage3D...maybe someone give him a taste of his own medicine and ban him...LOL

But dang...it looks like ATi will make much more moeny in the future...feeels oh so good to be a stock holder.
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:36 PM   #29
chramcow_daniel
In play, run(s)

chramcow_daniel is still being judged by the masses

90%...!!?? wow
chramcow_daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 08:41 PM   #30
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Here where you predict that codepaths will become more divergent for benching, which is true but you fail to point out that nVidia was in the wrong for being the ones who were not conforming to spec and that any DX9 games NOT specifically coded for them would such,"If you are in the market for a high end gaming card, the BFGTech Asylum GeForceFX 5900 Ultra should definitely be on your short list." kind of speaks for itself, in regards to a 5600 Sean wrote "the card is relatively future-proof as it features a next-generation graphics card with full DX9 support"(By the way, sorry to hear he left [H] over differences with you...he was one of your good ones ), "Without question, the GeForce FX 5200 is the undisputed budget performance champion.", and one of me fave's is still "To put it simply, current synthetic benchmarks overall, do a disservice to the hardware community and everyone that will ever buy a 3D video card or a computer that has one installed. Outside of the possibility of being misleading by focusing on performance factors that are not representative of actual game play, there is another dark “secret” that is actually being paid for with your money, and at the same time forces hardware manufacturers to deliver less to you.".

Oh, and the whole UT2k3 quasi-trilinear issue really should get your geek license revoked...be glad all it did was make you a laughing stock everywhere but in your own little insulated world of [H].

good god DW get a ****ing life.. damn..
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote