Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Feb 25, 2003, 04:52 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CATALYST maker
dominATIon

CATALYST maker is still being judged by the masses

Default Uninstaller programs

Hi everyone.

I am looking for links to ATI driver uninstall programs that you guys have run into. Can you send me a link to the program as well as any comments you have about it?

I am looking to gather information on these programs and their authors. I may have a job for them

Thanks
CATALYST maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:10 PM   #2
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default I'll keep this as a stickey until you find what your looking for.

This is the one that comes to my mind first...

Havent used it, so i dunno how well it works.
Found it over at DH, from the user Spike.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Feb 25, 2003 at 05:14 PM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2003, 05:04 PM   #3
CATALYST maker
dominATIon

thanks GI.
wow I thought I would get more responses then that. I guess there arent many good ATI uninstall programs out there after all!

If anyone knows of any drop em in here
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 26, 2003, 05:21 PM   #4
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

No worries....
I changed the thread title to see if it will attract coder guru's.

I too am surprised... No one knows of any? IF there are any that is? If not, then any coders out there who understands drivers and come up with something?

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Feb 26, 2003 at 05:24 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 06:08 PM   #5
Y-STU-K
Rage3D Veteran

Y-STU-K is still being judged by the masses

erm yeah i was gonna say that one too does work tho. I guess not too many people on this forum know much about coding :S

I do but I suck
ATi Radeon X1900 XTX
2x 74Gb WD Raptors in Raid0 (Windows XP)
2x 80Gb Seagates in Raid1
Y-STU-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2003, 07:27 PM   #6
riles9262
Beer hound

riles9262 is still being judged by the masses

i was gonna say driver cleaner as well...it works great for me

athlon 64 3000+ venice @ 2.5, 1g pc3200 samsung, 80g samsung sata-ii, maxtor 40g, asrock 939 dual, connect3d x1800gto, chaintech av-710, benq 19" lcd 12ms.
riles9262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 02:16 AM   #7
The PIT
Radeon R700

The PIT is still being judged by the masses

There probably isn't many becuase ATI drops so much junk all over the place no one is 100% sure that they can remove them all and also replace undated files.
Now if ATI gave a list of all the files installed and altered you may gat a few more.
The PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 09:57 AM   #8
CATALYST maker
dominATIon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprite
Hence, ATI themself can't uninstall them properly, how in the world would someone do it
Guys be nice and stop blaming. I am trying to get you what you are asking for and need some help in conducting a survey of what tools are available out there. I want to see what people have done and offer someone a contract or to buy their tool so we can advance it. Yes we can do it ourselves but why not reward our community right?

here's a novel idea... how about being helpful and being positive so we can all (as a community) achieve better things! Instead of posts of how incompetent we are and how we suck, how about some helpful suggestions (if you have any that is).

Lets create a "be nice to ATI" day!

Last edited by CATALYST maker : Feb 27, 2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:05 AM   #9
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

From this point and on, im going to be deleteing posts (plus the ones up above) thats NOT giving good advice about driver uninstallers.

I do not want to see anymore useless posts again in here.
Enough is enough already!

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Feb 27, 2003 at 10:09 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 01:06 PM   #10
The PIT
Radeon R700

The PIT is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by CATALYST maker
Guys be nice and stop blaming. I am trying to get you what you are asking for and need some help in conducting a survey of what tools are available out there. I want to see what people have done and offer someone a contract or to buy their tool so we can advance it. Yes we can do it ourselves but why not reward our community right?

here's a novel idea... how about being helpful and being positive so we can all (as a community) achieve better things! Instead of posts of how incompetent we are and how we suck, how about some helpful suggestions (if you have any that is).

Fair enougth. Out of interest do you have a list of updated files and files that are installed by your drivers as may it become useful when you have to debug video related problems. Also where all these files are installed.
The PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 01:40 PM   #11
KillerSneak
Banned

KillerSneak is still being judged by the masses

I have a home made unistaller that comes with my new tweaked set so does that count 2

EDIT: i also have a new version on my HD at this moment that i want to release with the Cat 3.2's so i can send them to if you want that MR Catalyst Maker
KillerSneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 01:58 PM   #12
KillerSneak
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by **G.I.BRO**
No worries....
I changed the thread title to see if it will attract coder guru's.

I too am surprised... No one knows of any? IF there are any that is? If not, then any coders out there who understands drivers and come up with something?
Uhhhhhhhhh im no coding GURU but the method i juse works fine for me i also thought of something to get rid of that error message when your unistalling the Control Panel so
Old Feb 27, 2003, 02:13 PM   #13
::qcx:
Rage3D Veteran

::qcx: is still being judged by the masses

I've downloaded one from a thread here once but it worked pretty bad here and I had to do a system restaure to save my system.

Here's the quote fromthis thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Reaper
This program is both for Nvidia and ATi drivers. ATi just added.

Get it here,
http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/DCSetup_053.zip

"Ok guys,

Here is the new version from Driver Cleaner. It contains fixes and improvements. For full details on what is changed since 0.5.1 see the help file by Other >> Version.

Now it has good support for nVidia and ATI drivers. This includes the Omega driver sets.

To install this version uninstall the older version first.

You can download the new version here.

Spike
"
3dMark 2k5: 9912

Last edited by ::qcx: : Feb 27, 2003 at 02:18 PM.
::qcx: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 02:15 PM   #14
::qcx:
Rage3D Veteran

::qcx: is still being judged by the masses

Here's a reply someone did to explain me how come it didn't worked for me, apparently because of Windows XP SP1. I didn't gave it a nother chance yet:

Quote:
qcx - this is for you! I told you and anyone else using winXP sp1, you MUST first manually delete winXP sp1's inf and pnf files for ATI or nvidia whichever you're using. Otherwise, winXP will auto detect upon reboot.

This cleaner, nor ATI put those inf files there. That's 100% microsoft helping the end user out.... in order to undo MS's crap, you have to manually delete ATI inf's and pnf's. This is a ONE TIME process. After doing it, you can cancel out of windows wizard each time....

edit - to add one time process to get to the place of cancelling out of windows auto detect new hardware wizard:

ATI:
1. Unplug nic card or modem from net (physically unplug)
2. Remove ATI driver from add/remove programs then remove CP from add/remove programs
3. Reboot into safe mode (F8 during boot up)
4. On reboot into safe mode winXP SP1 will auto detect and install drivers. Just let it do its thing. If you can cancel out of the auto install hardware wizard then skip the rest and run Driver Cleaner now! If you can NOT cancel out of auto detect wizard then...
5. Navigate to device mgr->display adapter->uninstall and/or remove ATI display adapter but do not reboot
6. Open windows explorer and delete c:\ATI and c:\program files\ATI
7. start->run->search c:\windows for ati*.* and delete all that are NOT your IE bookmarks or favorites. Also, be sure to search hidden files and subfolders
8. Empty recycle bin and reboot
9. if you can cancel out of auto detect wizard GREAT! run this cleaner and reboot. If you still can not cancel out of wizard, repeat steps 3-8

and after this, you will be able to cancel out of windowsXP auto detect wizard and for all future use, it will be:
1. remove from add/remove programs and reboot
2. cancel out of auto detect wizard
3. run driver cleaner and reboot
4. install new drivers.
3dMark 2k5: 9912
::qcx: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:01 PM   #15
Radeon R300

Sticky is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

It amazes me constantly how invlvoed you guys are over, one of the main reasons I am getting an ATI card for my next card. Cmon Tax return..:-) . I have seen you over at B3D, but as a friendly suggestion you may want to post over there as well, there are some damn smart people over there.
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:20 PM   #16
CATALYST maker
dominATIon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticky
It amazes me constantly how invlvoed you guys are over, one of the main reasons I am getting an ATI card for my next card. Cmon Tax return..:-) . I have seen you over at B3D, but as a friendly suggestion you may want to post over there as well, there are some damn smart people over there.
Hey are you saying Rage3D people arent smart?
Just kidding... I know what youre saying... some other ATI guys are on there though. PS. did you catch the Richard Huddy interview? I am suprised people arent talking about it more!
Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:48 PM   #17
KillerSneak
Banned

Are you saying you have to be SUPER SMART to make an uninstall program ? I dont think so i'm not super smart and my unistall programm is working super. It can be used instantly and you don't have to " manually delete winXP sp1's inf and pnf files for ATI" to make my uninstaller work. It wotk's without this handeling

EDIT: this was aimed at STICKY

Last edited by KillerSneak : Feb 27, 2003 at 03:57 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:57 PM   #18
Y-STU-K
Rage3D Veteran

Y-STU-K is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

A Damn good point Damn well made
ATi Radeon X1900 XTX
2x 74Gb WD Raptors in Raid0 (Windows XP)
2x 80Gb Seagates in Raid1
Y-STU-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 04:21 PM   #19
KillerSneak
Banned

Exclamation

MR Catalyst Maker check you PM please
Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:15 PM   #20
N-Rage
Radeon R520

N-Rage is still being judged by the masses

heck, what sort of contract?
I was tempted to do something that way( uninstalling old drivers, automatically patching the Catalysts setupfiles for Mobility-Chips, running patched Setup ), but I always stopped when I thought of coding a reasonable & easy to use GUI ....
N-Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2003, 05:16 AM   #21
Kruno
Local transsexual wannabe

Kruno is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Can I please offer a suggestion?

My ideas on perfect driver uninstall programs:
1. Everything uninstalls after pressing 1 or 2 buttons. Including all registry entries, files on the harddrive.
2. Only needing to reboot once and the ability to uninstall without going into safemode which would allow for a one shot reboot to uninstall.

On the topic of the interview, people are not talking about it much because it doesn't seem to give any new exciting info about drivers. If a question for example "are you guys at Ati going to improve FSAA quality and performance?" and Richard responds, "yes, we are going to make our 2x FSAA mode performance hit halved and IQ above that of 6x FSAA". Then you will have over 500 conspiracy theories being posted per minute.

BTW: I never seen you at B3D, you only posted their once or twice?

Last edited by Kruno : Feb 28, 2003 at 05:25 AM.
Kruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2003, 08:00 AM   #22
ToshiroOC
Radeon R200

ToshiroOC is still being judged by the masses

Spike just released a new copy of Driverleaner a few minutes ago Go check it out, we have it front page. Also, @ CATALYST maker, I looked and asked around, and I believe that Spike is the only one with an ATI driver uninstaller AFAIK (at least for the English speaking part of the internet)
Babbington looked wretchedly from one to the other, licked his lips and said, "I ate your rat, Sir. I am very sorry, and I ask your pardon." "Did you so?" said Stephen mildly. "Well, I hope you enjoyed it." "He only ate it when it was dead," said Jack. "It would have been a strangely hasty, agitated meal, had he ate it before." said Stephen.
Patrick O'Brian, H.M.S Surprise
ToshiroOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2003, 08:50 AM   #23
Camster
Rage3D Veteran

Camster is still being judged by the masses

I have used the one from Driverheaven once. It worked okay for me. I for one am glad to hear ATI is working on this. It would make updating drivers more enjoyable and not have to worry about buggering the OS. It seems to me there was a guy here AMDman or something that was working on one but I don't think he ever finished it though.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 10:12 AM   #24
Gilhooley
Radeon R100

Gilhooley is still being judged by the masses

Default Wise!

How about changing to Wise instead of Installshield, and perhaps using some nice wise scripts. MSI isn't all that when it comes to removing hive changes.
Gilhooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2003, 11:40 AM   #25
digitalwanderer
Dangerously Mirthful

digitalwanderer is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by KillerSneak
i'm not super smart
No kidding.

Do me a favor Mr. Catalyst Maker sir, don't run any of KillerBleeps software on any mission critical rigs to see how his stuff is....'nuff said?

(BTW-I never did get that 9700 Pro....I'll not only give ya my middle-name but my sig space for a month as well on all the boards I'm a member at. )

Bubbles Phenom II X4 965 BE, Gigabyte MA790FXT-UDP5, 2x2GB Corsair XMS3, ATi Radeon HD 5970, ADA885, Corsair 620hx, 200GB, 200GB, CD/DVD burner
Blue Phenom X4 9950 BE, Asus A8A32-MVP, 2x1Gb Crucial PC8500, ATi Radeon HD 4870, ATi 650 Theatre Pro, 250GB, 500GB
Darkstar Phenom II X4 955 BE, Asus M3A32-MVP, 1x2Gb Kingston HyperX PC8500, 512MB Radeon 5870, DVD, 80GB, 160GB
Fluffy Phenom II X4 940 BE ,Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H, 2x1Gb Corsair Dominator PC8500, ATi Radeon HD 4970, 250GB, QuickCam
Bertha Inspiron 1705 UXGA, C2D T5200 (1.6Ghz), 2Gb DDR2 @ 533, 256Mb ATi Mobility X1400, 120Gb 5400, CD/DVD burner
Baggo Dell Inspiron 8200, P4 1.8Ghz, 1-1/2Gb PC2100, 32Mb GeForce2 Go, 120Gb HDD

digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2003, 12:14 PM   #26
Radeon R300

Sticky is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Hey are you saying Rage3D people arent smart?
Just kidding... I know what youre saying... some other ATI guys are on there though. PS. did you catch the Richard Huddy interview? I am suprised people arent talking about it more!
To killer and cat. maker

lol.... Assume that rage3d people arent smart???? and incur the wrath of the trolls. lol.. No thanks. Its a great community that I follow even tho I do not currently own a recent ATI card.

I did catch that interview.. One thing I found interesting and fresh was the honesty, sounds like a guy who would be great to talk to over a beer or 9.

One suggestion for the driver cleaner. If it does not add too much to the downlaod and programming complexities in may be worthwhile to incorporate it into the drivers itself. Fully automated.

Download the driver.. Double click and it does everything on its own. I am not sure of the feasability, but there are programs out there that will uninstall older versions, before installing.

My two cents -
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2003, 01:11 PM   #27
CATALYST maker
dominATIon

Quote:
Originally posted by KillerSneak
Half decent "Windows" programmer ? are you one of the? can tou give us some info on Windows Longhorn Then ?
Guys this is falling apart. Please you are ruining this thread for me. I just want to know what programs are available for uninstall. Thats all.

I will conduct my own research on them and see how they work.

Killersneak please do not talk about any Microsoft Operating Systems that are very VERY tightly under NDA. Not here at least and not when I am associated with this thread.

Please
Old Feb 28, 2003, 02:26 PM   #28
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally posted by **G.I.BRO**
From this point and on, im going to be deleteing posts (plus the ones up above) thats NOT giving good advice about driver uninstallers.

I do not want to see anymore useless posts again in here.
Enough is enough already!
How many times do i have to repeat myself!
Old Feb 28, 2003, 08:34 PM   #29
X-Reaper
Radeon Evergreen

X-Reaper is still being judged by the masses

I believe, there's only 1 ATi driver un-installer around. That would be from Spikes at Driverheaven.net.

Hopefully this will happen, good luck on your research CATALYST maker!
X-Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2003, 06:25 AM   #30
Gambino
Radeon R600

Gambino is still being judged by the masses

I'm willing to program one.
It is actually one of the projects that I would like to do, so why not now
AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz, Abit KT7a Motherboard, 512 mb PC133 RAM, Gigabyte Radeon 9000 Pro II, Samsung SyncMaster 900NF (19"), Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024, 120 GB WD 7200rpm (8mb Cache), Pioneer 16x/40x DVD, PlexWriter 24/10/40a Burn-Proof, Windows XP Professional
http://www.bluecurve.tk
Gambino is offline   Reply With Quote