Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » General Radeon Discussion
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Radeon Discussion General discussion for news and rumours about discrete Radeon graphics products. Do not ask for tech support here, instead please use the Radeon Technical Support forum.

"

Old Jan 17, 2001, 03:25 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jjam_20

jjam_20 is still being judged by the masses

Has anyone got a Radeon to run 4x stabile in this mother board and if so how ?
jjam_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2001, 03:27 PM   #2
jm0ris0n
Over 1000 WU's Folded

jm0ris0n is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy

Not a chance!
AXP 1.63Ghz -> IWill KK266+ -> 1024mb Crucial 7ns,cL2 -> MSI Ti4400 -> Turtle Beach Santa Cruz! -> Adaptec 2940UW -> IBM Ultrastar 18LZX 18.35GB Flavor + Maxtor27.2GB + D740x 40GB -> Afreey 12X DvD -> Lite-On 16/10 CDR/W -> Monsoon MM-2000 -> Samsung 700NF -> Razor Boomslang 2000dpi! -> Ratpadz -> Logitech Wireless KB -> Tricked Out INwinQ500

I'm folding with Rage3d@home, shouldn't you?

Look Here: http://www.knockdownthewalls.741.com/home.html
jm0ris0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2001, 08:01 PM   #3
Alpha
Tastes like chicken

Alpha is still being judged by the masses

I think i got it stable like once
heh

it wouldnt work unless my FSB was overclocked past 110 or something..
Doesnt work anymore

I tried 7072 drivers and now my computer crashes again and again regardless of any settings or radeon drivers I try
Im using my all-in-wonder 128 right now =\
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 18, 2001, 02:52 AM   #4
Chuck
Grim Fandango remake!

Chuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yeah..
I own a Abit KA7 and the Radeon runs like crap with my system - no wait, OS. Why? At first, when I was still running ME(installation disc from a friend) my system was well, pretty stable. Although AGP texturing caused my PC to to choke on textures(gosh.. should it be the opposite? darn it?) a little, my system still ran without hanging up. OK, now that I'm running Win98SE, everything is nasty. IE5 hang my system when I continue scrolling up and down, my mon. suddenly loses sync when I'm typing, and my system also hangs whenever I play a DVD film with ATI's DVD player.

To be honest with you, I really had it with AMD and it's Athlon SlotA. Tommorow I'm DEGRADING to a CeleronII 667MHz(o/c to 1GHz) and buy the Abit SE6(does it have integrated video anyway?). Gosh you know, I really admire the days when my system ran without any problems with my Celeron 300MHz and 440BX mobo..

[Edited by Chuck on 01-18-2001 at 03:59 AM]
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2001, 03:00 AM   #5
Chuck
Grim Fandango remake!

Chuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete stranger

[quote]Originally posted by Chuck
[b]Yeah..
I own a Abit KA7 and the Radeon runs like crap with my system - no wait, OS. Why? At first, when I was still running ME(installation disc from a friend) my system was well, pretty stable. Although AGP texturing caused my PC to to choke on textures(gosh.. should it be the opposite darn it?) a little, my system still ran without hanging up. OK, now that I'm running Win98SE, everything is nasty. IE5 hang my system when I continue scrolling up and down, my mon. suddenly loses sync when I'm typing, and my system also hangs whenever I play a DVD film with ATI's DVD player.

To be honest with you, I really had it with AMD and it's Athlon SlotA. Tommorow I'm DEGRADING to a CeleronII 667MHz(o/c to 1GHz) and buy the Abit SE6(does it have integrated video anyway?). Gosh you know, I really admire the days when my system ran without any problems with my "former" Celeron 300MHz and 440BX mobo.. Really miss em'.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2001, 11:30 AM   #6
Hipnotic_Tranz
Radeon HD 6850

Hipnotic_Tranz is still being judged by the masses

I have an AIW Radeon working with my Abit KA7-100 + Athlon700. Not a problem stablility wise. There is one annoying problem in Half-Life, but that is part of the immature drivers and I'm sure it'll go away with new drivers to come.

I'm running Win98SE with the Special Purpose Drivers (not the newest ones that JUST came out) I had to do a couple BIOS tweaks (AGP Driving control = 68 ; AGP 4x = Disabled ; etc) and it's working fine. I get 66fps in Quake3 at 1024x768 maxed to the max
Hipnotic_Tranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2001, 01:33 PM   #7
PeAK
Radeon HD 6770

PeAK is still being judged by the masses

It is a complicated situation and the answer is that "yes" you can if you have a KA7 with the appropriate version of the KX133 chipset. Take a look this link
Old Jan 20, 2001, 07:21 PM   #8
noko
Rage3D Veteran

noko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynoko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wow! Awesome info. Doesn't do much for us old time users of KA7 motherboards except maybe wanting to solder in a new surface mount chip (not!). I am not too concern about AGP4x on my KA7 since I think system memory is really to restrictive to feed 4xAGP bandwidth continueously anyways. Saudra test indicates my memory bandwidth to be in the neighborhood of 450mb/sec which is less than the 512mb/sec bandwidth capacity of AGP2x. Anyways DDR may make a noticeable difference between AGP2x and AGP4x, maybe not. So hopefully these motherboards will become readily available. Right now I am happy with my KA7 and with the latest set of new Radeon and Via's 427/428 drivers since my system is now stable.

[Edited by noko on 01-21-2001 at 01:02 AM]
noko is offline   Reply With Quote