Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 25, 2020, 06:47 PM   #1021
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

[quote=LordHawkwind;1338201708]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

my father lived thru the great depression this isn't one

Of course people live through economic depressions, world wars and pandemics that's life. Adino's point is people aren't going to spend $£1,000 on a non essential purchase because for many people their economic situation has radically altered.

Do you think your dad would have spent the equivalent of a $£1,000 on a hobby piece if he had no job and had to feed the family? The world has changed radically in the last three months and companies need to understand this and adapt their strategies accordingly. 4K 55" TV's and high end GPU's are even more of a luxury item and their sales will reduce accordingly unless companies realise that these high margin items aren't going to sell in the volume they once did.

Today Royal Mail announced 2,000 redundancies of senior management who are earning in excess of $80,000 per year. It's not just the low paid who will struggle so what do you think their priorities might be? Don't think they'll be spending a $1,000 on a new GPU
it has not affected a lot of people money wise
and sorry to say most of the people it has affected don't buy top end cards anyway

hell people in silicon valley and places like Microsoft, google and like, and a lot of people that work from home or in some nerd cave somewhere all the time even before the virus wouldn't even notice if it wasn't on the net
most of them are just happy it's not a Intel virus

computer parts are selling like mad because of all the nerds working at home and gaming more and they all will want these new cards and new CPU's

you same people said the 2080 ti would not sell at 1199+ also and it did and it is still OOS in most places
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...dia/rtx2080ti/

most of the high priced x570 MB's are OOS also and selling at high markups

the RTX 3000'S and navi 2x's will sell no matter the price .
and sell faster than they can make them

i will say like apple and their new apple financing plans

i would be surprised if nv did it for video cards

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 25, 2020 at 07:07 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:56 PM   #1022
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Eehehe. People still believeing the pandemic will lower prices. You're in for a rough surprise.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:58 PM   #1023
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef View Post
Eehehe. People still believeing the pandemic will lower prices. You're in for a rough surprise.
Rough is how this website rolls.

Seriously though we've been talking about these GPU's what seems like forever, someone just release something so I can play VR in amazing FPS

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:36 AM   #1024
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

Seriously though we've been talking about these GPU's what seems like forever, someone just release something so I can play VR in amazing FPS
we have been on here talking about GPU's for years
Old Jun 26, 2020, 01:28 AM   #1025
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yes but not the same gpu for years

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Jun 26, 2020, 09:07 AM   #1026
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Yeah, I'm also getting super impatient. I've cornered myself in 4k hell, and it's annoying.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 09:15 AM   #1027
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
someone just release something so I can play VR in amazing FPS
THIS.

I'm hoping this generation will be the one that tips the scales and makes VR not only viable for sims and AAA titles but excels. It's all about that 90FPS.

I dare say, the goal line shouldn't be for 4K gameplay monitors as it should be for VR.

DCS World code is a colossal failure at efficiency, but hopefully, we can brute for this with Big Navi or RTX 3080.

Last edited by AllexxisF1 : Jun 26, 2020 at 09:22 AM.
AllexxisF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2020, 09:26 PM   #1028
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:55 PM   #1029
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

New design looks better.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2020, 11:15 PM   #1030
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
New design looks better.
who cares

only time i ever see it is the day i put it in and the day i replace it

if the new Strix cools better is all that matters
Old Jul 1, 2020, 01:39 AM   #1031
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
who cares

only time i ever see it is the day i put it in and the day i replace it

if the new Strix cools better is all that matters
You mean you don’t clean your PC just like you have a dirty desk?

When is this thing out?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 03:49 AM   #1032
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

When is this thing out?
Maybe his maid cleans it for him.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 07:35 AM   #1033
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

When is this thing out?
Announce in Sep and available in Oct? No one really knows yet.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 08:12 AM   #1034
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Announce in Sep and available in Oct? No one really knows yet.
Current rumors I'm hearing are planning to announce in August for September release.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 08:14 AM   #1035
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The strix you would be lucky to get in December. When released it’s FE or nothing.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 08:27 AM   #1036
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Current rumors I'm hearing are planning to announce in August for September release.
Even better.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:08 AM   #1037
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Got my dick out ready to pay. Along with the new HP Reverb G2 VR headset.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:13 AM   #1038
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Should have also prefaced where I hear my rumors from.

I work in the industry for a system integrator company and one of our GPU vendors is telling us September. Still with a grain of salt of course, as they don't have concrete info either. But they were letting us know the 20 series was going away soon and to forecast future demand for Summer and place final orders now.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:17 AM   #1039
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I expect preorders opening in August
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:41 AM   #1040
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

I work in the industry for a system integrator company and one of our GPU vendors is telling us September. Still with a grain of salt of course, as they don't have concrete info either. But they were letting us know the 20 series was going away soon and to forecast future demand for Summer and place final orders now.
Nice, TY

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:57 AM   #1041
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I'm holding out for a 3080Ti/3090 Strix.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:35 AM   #1042
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

i don't think NV has the balls to go first and will let AMD go first

but September fits with AMD as the only thing we know they have said is before the new gaming console
Old Jul 1, 2020, 05:04 PM   #1043
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Got my dick out ready to pay. Along with the new HP Reverb G2 VR headset.
Yeah but KACs mom isn’t ready so you’ll have to wait. You may want to poke NASCAR and see if his prepaid time is up.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 05:46 PM   #1044
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

alright alright I get you guys like crapping on KAC but its getting out of hand. step it back please.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 06:00 PM   #1045
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
alright alright I get you guys like crapping on KAC but its getting out of hand. step it back please.
Yeah, if KAC can't fire off mum jokes he can't receive them either.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 07:59 PM   #1046
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2020, 07:08 PM   #1047
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2020, 07:20 PM   #1048
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Quote:
NVIDIA planning to tap Samsung's 8nm process to manufacture for RTX 3090, RTX 3080 and RTX 3070
no Ti

pass

no wonder it is 350 watts

it is Nvidia's Vega 3090

AMD must have stuck it in ball and all
they got most of the 7nm and NV only has room for the pro crap in the oven

second source

Quote:
It’s now believed that NVIDIA has decided to go entirely with Samsung’s 8nm process which is derived from its excellent 10nm 10LPP process. Its 8nm node is a highly optimized derivative of the 10nm process node with an impressive transistor density of over 61 million/mm². Therefore, NVIDIA’s entire upcoming GPU lineup including the GA102 silicon which will power at least three flagship consumer graphics cards will be based on the 8nm node.
so it is really a 10nm optimized ???

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsu...ion%2Fmm%C2%B2.

Last edited by bill dennison : Jul 3, 2020 at 07:35 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:25 PM   #1049
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Based on doesn’t mean it is 10nm.

If we’re going by the past many years, rather than rumours. Then it’s better to wait and see as AMD has made nothing but mid tier and lowly tier cards, while their high tier have never been competitive.

If AMD manages to compete this time, nice, however history usually shows Nvidia dominating the top end.

Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:31 PM   #1050
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Based on doesn’t mean it is 10nm.

If we’re going by the past many years, rather than rumours. Then it’s better to wait and see as AMD has made nothing but mid tier and lowly tier cards, while their high tier have never been competitive.

If AMD manages to compete this time, nice, however history usually shows Nvidia dominating the top end.
the 290x did nicely and crossfire worked well on them at 1600p

https://www.anandtech.com/show/7457/...290x-review/15

Last edited by bill dennison : Jul 3, 2020 at 11:37 PM.