Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

View Poll Results: My browsing daily driver is...
Google Chrome 10 33.33%
Microsoft Edge 6 20.00%
Firefox 13 43.33%
Opera 0 0%
Vivaldi 3 10.00%
Other (comment below) 1 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 8, 2020, 10:35 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber
Smile Best Desktop Browser of 2020

So, I'm curious what you gents use for your browsing daily driver.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2020, 10:36 AM   #2
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Still using Chrome, but I do like the new MS browser now that it can use all of chromes plugins.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2020, 10:50 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I bounce between Firefox and MS Edge Chromium. Firefox feels heavier and sometimes becomes unresponsive when using SharePoint and web-based Excel/Word/PowerPoint. MS Edge is pretty good, though I miss the middle-mouse click scrolling function.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 8, 2020, 11:00 AM   #4
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I find myself right now often ending up in a place with my normal daily workflow where I have just a ton of Google Docs, Jira tickets, and other tabs open that are all semi related to one project or area.

Has anyone figured out a clean way of grabbing a bunch of tabs together, saving them, then putting them "away" until I need them again?

Like, let's say I'm working on a requirements ticket for a reporting update. I might have a couple Google Sheets which shows the data, a couple tickets with bug reports, a few other browser tabs, all related to each other. Is there a way I can group all of this with something like "Reporting Update" then close the tabs until I'm ready to work on it again?

I've tried fiddling with Toby as a Chrome add-on or Collections and I haven't settled on a way to handle this cleanly yet.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old May 8, 2020, 11:20 AM   #5
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

FF will save and restore multiple tabs every time you open it.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...tabs-last-time

I used that at work until IT decided it was no longer supported.

Now it's FF at home, Chrome and ie (because we still have pages that only ie supports ) at work.
Old May 8, 2020, 11:33 AM   #6
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
FF will save and restore multiple tabs every time you open it.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...tabs-last-time

I used that at work until IT decided it was no longer supported.

Now it's FF at home, Chrome and ie (because we still have pages that only ie supports ) at work.
Most of the browsers will restore tabs when you close and reopen the windows. What I'm looking for is a way to create groups of tabs, close them or store them somewhere, add new tabs to that group, or remove tabs, but keep them "put away" while I go about my day-to-day using the browser for other things.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 8, 2020, 11:49 AM   #7
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Most of the browsers will restore tabs when you close and reopen the windows. What I'm looking for is a way to create groups of tabs, close them or store them somewhere, add new tabs to that group, or remove tabs, but keep them "put away" while I go about my day-to-day using the browser for other things.
How about Simple tab Groups?

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/02/22/si...ing-your-tabs/

I thought (there I go thinking again ) that FF could do this by default now, but this extension might help...
Old May 8, 2020, 03:02 PM   #8
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Is this going to be an annual thing?

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34049638
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2020, 03:24 PM   #9
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Is this going to be an annual thing?

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34049638
He didn't even wait a full year!
Old May 8, 2020, 04:56 PM   #10
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

I was using Vivaldi and lovin it, but just fell back into Chrome use as it tends to have the least issues overall.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2020, 08:13 PM   #11
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Using Chrome and have no issues with it (but then I do keep things simple, meaning no extra addons, etc.).
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2020, 06:43 AM   #12
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Has anyone figured out a clean way of grabbing a bunch of tabs together, saving them, then putting them "away" until I need them again?

Like, let's say I'm working on a requirements ticket for a reporting update. I might have a couple Google Sheets which shows the data, a couple tickets with bug reports, a few other browser tabs, all related to each other. Is there a way I can group all of this with something like "Reporting Update" then close the tabs until I'm ready to work on it again?

I've tried fiddling with Toby as a Chrome add-on or Collections and I haven't settled on a way to handle this cleanly yet.

MS edge has a save and restore tabs function in the upper left corner. Don't know about "grouping" them unless you want to consider all saved tabs in that group (ie. only saving those.) You can restore all of them at once.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : May 9, 2020 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Can't tell left from right... I blame lack of caffine
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2020, 10:23 PM   #13
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird sings

Been a fan of Firefox since the days before it was Firefox. I'm a huge fan of the 'full page screenshot' feature, where everything contained in the browser is captured, not just what's on screen.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2020, 11:37 AM   #14
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
I find myself right now often ending up in a place with my normal daily workflow where I have just a ton of Google Docs, Jira tickets, and other tabs open that are all semi related to one project or area.

According to this page, Chrome 83 (released today) has tab grouping.
https://www.howtogeek.com/673731/how...google-chrome/

Don't know if that meets your needs, but thought you might want to check it out.
Old May 22, 2020, 09:09 AM   #15
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
According to this page, Chrome 83 (released today) has tab grouping.
https://www.howtogeek.com/673731/how...google-chrome/

Don't know if that meets your needs, but thought you might want to check it out.
I just saw that they're introducing tab groups and that also there's an option to collapse a tab group coming up. This is almost exactly what I was hoping for. At the moment I've spent the past few weeks giving Microsoft Edge a test run using their Collections feature, which is working out better than I expected really.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote: