Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 14, 2018, 05:40 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Command & Conquer and Red Alert being remastered (EA + Petroglph)

EA are teaming up with Petroglyph Studios (old Westwood crew that more recently made grey goo) to remaster Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn, Command & Conquer: Red Alert™ and the expansions Covert Ops, Counterstrike, and Aftermath.

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandc...wo&sh=ee10803f
  • They haven't started yet, so could be a year or two away
  • They haven't clarified what they mean by remaster, whether that's a resolution upgrade or rebuild. Pretty sure it won't be 3D remake.
  • Tib Sun got shafted
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2018, 08:50 PM   #2
Arc_Angel
We'll meet again someday.

Arc_Angel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArc_Angel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

let me guess, mobile edition
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
  • eVGA SuperNova 850 B2
  • eVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW
  • SB AE-9 + Denon S750H receiver + Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1 speakers
  • WD SN750 1TB, 2X 2TB WD Black + 2X 2TB WD Blue
  • Corsair Commander Pro
  • Antec P182 case
  • Intel i5 4590 w/ Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Turbo + 120mm Panaflo Ultra fan (push), Scythe S-Flex G fan (pull)
  • 4x4GB CORSAIR Vengeance Blue
  • Gigabyte Z87X-D3H Rev.1
  • eVGA SuperNova 850 B2
  • eVGA GTX 980Ti
  • SB X-Fi Platinum
  • Pioneer DVR111D modded to DVR-111L
  • 3x WD3200AAKS, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • Scythe KAZE MASTER 5.25 Fan Controller Black
  • Antec P182 case
  • Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w/ 120mm Panaflo Ultra fan (push), Scythe S-Flex G fan (pull)
  • OCZ 4x2GB PC6400 Platinum @ 5-4-4-15 2.02V
  • Gigabyte EP45-DS3R
  • PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750w Crossfire
  • eVGA GTX 280 SC
  • Audigy2 ZS Platinum
  • Pioneer DVR111D modded to DVR-111L
  • 3x WD3200AAKS, , WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • Scythe KAZE MASTER 5.25 Fan Controller Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
I guess it works better if it's plugged all the ****ing way in.
Arc_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2018, 08:51 PM   #3
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

About damn time!!

I really hope they keep to true to the original(s).
Sundance Kid V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 14, 2018, 08:58 PM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
About damn time!!

I really hope they keep to true to the original(s).
Seriously doubt it. The CnC series has been ruined, IMO.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 09:37 PM   #5
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Im hyped. Hope there is really no microtransaction like promised. Really wanted to play them again. The sound of cruiser lay waste to enemy base still plays inside my mind.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2018, 02:54 AM   #6
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Well done to EA for bringing in Petroglyph for this. I'm curious to see where they'll land on keeping what was there in the original, and updating it to modern standards. I hope they do well and handle Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge especially, that's always been the one that kept me hooked best!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 04:07 AM   #7
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I kind of hope they rebuild it into a 3d game, but in a way that its mostly the same. Just focus on adding cool new **** that they couldnt do easily before. like better splosions
Old Nov 15, 2018, 07:46 AM   #8
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

I wonder if they have high res video from the original FMV scenes. Pretty cool on EA to get the band back together.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:27 AM   #9
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Folding@home

What could go wrong?

iOS/Android/Touch first
No single player mode or no MP mode (needs both, with bots!)
Always online SimCity style
"Microtransactions" (units, ammo etc), they'll call it something else like B8zt, Plugins, just plain old Transactions because why hide it)
MP boosts to speed up deployment through "microtransactions"
Free - as in ads, "microtransactions"
Tiered subscription based
No local server off-the-grid
Origin & UWP only
Metal only because Apple needs a game running it

Staying chilled....
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:52 PM   #10
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

The game is officially coming out in June. Pre-orders are up at steam for $20.

Day one purchase for me. It's been a decade since I played a real RTS and now they can be played without mods and all kinds of other headaches. They don't make them like this anymore. Support them!

FMV has been AI upscaled from the original tapes. Graphics have been completely overhauled for 4K resolutions. Over 100 missions of goodness with remastered high rez audio.

https://www.ign.com/articles/command...ased-this-june
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2020, 03:50 PM   #11
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Some pretty sweet "big box" versions over on Limited Run's site:

https://limitedrungames.com/collecti...nd-and-conquer

Old Mar 10, 2020, 04:44 PM   #12
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

According to their web site, the devs want to work on the other games as well. It comes down to how well these do. Hopefully they do well enough to see a Red Alert 2 remaster and possibly generals as well.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 05:09 PM   #13
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Old Mar 10, 2020, 05:33 PM   #14
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

That is pretty cool.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 06:12 PM   #15
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Camera and zoom controls? hot.

Those updated cutscenes look better than I expected.

Damn I really hope they remaster tiberian sun as well. Underrated game.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2020, 06:33 PM   #16
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I got started on Red Alert 1, missed out on Tiberian Dawn. But I guess I'll have to buy the remasters, mostly because I really, really loved Red Alert 2 and could use a modern version so I can keep playing it forever and ever.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 09:36 PM   #17
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Some pretty sweet "big box" versions over on Limited Run's site:

https://limitedrungames.com/collecti...nd-and-conquer

Nice!
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:07 AM   #18
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Cooling

Looks promising, even revoiced EVA, but been through this before oh so many times. Staying chilled for a little bit more
Old Mar 11, 2020, 01:00 PM   #19
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I have some amazing memories of LAN parties playing C&C and RA. No intention of buying the remasters, but I hope a new generation of gamers will come to love them as much as I did.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2020, 01:25 PM   #20
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Worth the price of admission alone.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2020, 01:29 PM   #21
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

I started out with Dune 2 on the Amiga Then C&C came along. Was a lot of fun but nothing was up the level of Dune till Star Craft for me. for LAN parties. Still the single player for C&C was so much fun. I am looking forward to this.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2020, 01:29 PM   #22
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

For me Dune 2000 and Emperor Battle for Dune are the ****, but sadly that's never gunna get remastered. Especially since Funcom is making Dune Conan exiles type of game.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Mar 11, 2020, 01:33 PM   #23
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

I hate to pre-order, but I had to make sure I get a physical copy. Hope they do it justice enough to get the others remastered. Would love to see an updated Battle for Dune, does EA hold the rights to that as well?
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2020, 01:39 PM   #24
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
I hate to pre-order, but I had to make sure I get a physical copy. Hope they do it justice enough to get the others remastered. Would love to see an updated Battle for Dune, does EA hold the rights to that as well?
O yes please. Battle for Dune!
Old Mar 11, 2020, 02:43 PM   #25
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
No, Funcom owns the rights to Dune games.

Old Mar 11, 2020, 04:40 PM   #26
Chubz
Doomer

Here's a pretty cool video talking about the process of remastering the FMVs/cinematics:

Old Mar 11, 2020, 05:45 PM   #27
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Tiberian Sun was the first game I ever, um rented...

Who remembers homestead!?

Pumped for this, was never good enough to beat it at the time.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 06:35 PM   #28
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge is probably my favorite RTS of all time. Generals didn't have the campy story but it's gameplay was excellent. The original C&C and Red Alert were both great games and I'm looking forward to playing them but I truly hope they continue on with these remasters. For me, Tiberium sun had some pacing issues and it's style was kind of out there compared to the original C&C. Red Alert was crazy from the start and they really used the wackiness to make the gameplay interesting in Red Alert 2. If they make a Tiberium Sun remaster I'd buy it but it's probably my least favorite of the series.

I pre-ordered this which is very rare for me. What would really be cool is if they actually made a new C&C game that was like the old ones but I just don't see EA being cool with the funding of a title like that.

C&C made the electronic metal soundtrack cool way before doom did it. The sound track brings back good memories for me.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 07:01 PM   #29
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

Here is a YouTube video that compares the old soundtrack to the remastered one. Some pretty noticeable improvements!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0VRJZCN1Y
Old Mar 11, 2020, 08:32 PM   #30
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

lol, i may actually just buy it for the new soundtrack alone