Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Wolcen

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42...rds_of_Mayhem/

Didn't see a thread on this so decided to make one. The game is the best looking ARPG made and shows a lot of potential. However, the game seems to be perpetually stuck in alpha mode. The game was supposed to have an official release late 2017, but then it got delayed over and over again.

Now after two years of development, the game is STILL in alpha mode. It is playable, but very raw(they haven't even added multiplayer yet). I really hope they don't go the Duke Nukem Forever/Star Citizen route and take 20 years to make a game that almost nobody will remember.

Still, two years of work on a game and still stuck in alpha seems like a long time...

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:42 PM   #2
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Rhykker did some videos about it, and it does look amazing, but I'm not going to touch it until it's finished. (assuming that ever happens)
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I bought this almost 2 years ago when it was 15 bucks, didn't play it yet as I wait till games go gold. Glad to see it's coming along nicely even though at a slow pace. Diablo 3 turning out to be garbage has left a void in the ARPG market and it's good to see all the indies filling the space with original ideas and quality content.

For a quick laugh, here's Alkaizer's 30 second summary of D3 vs PoE.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 13, 2018, 03:08 PM   #4
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Hmm, could have sword i had made a thread about it. This game is one i am thoroughly looking forward to release. I dont think it will be the competition for poe some people accredit to it, but i do think it will be excellent fun.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:01 PM   #5
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Had this on my wishlist for what seems like at least a year. Interested to see how it turns out when it's finished.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:52 PM   #6
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Had this on my wishlist for what seems like at least a year. Interested to see how it turns out when it's finished.
Ditto. Waiting for it to reach the finish line, but otherwise impressed.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:08 PM   #7
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

I got really excited there for a second, when I thought it was simliar to NWN2. Then I realized it's Diabloish instead.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 03:20 AM   #8
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Act 1 released in beta. About 4 hours of content for early access people.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 03:48 PM   #9
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Act 1 released in beta. About 4 hours of content for early access people.
It's very mediocre. Barely any weapon combos to use, just basically find the one with the most damage and use the same 2-3 auto attacks over and over. Balancing is a mess; if you play as a tank you'll have the greatest success, but if you play as a mage or assassin you'll be one shotted quite frequently, especially by bosses with AOE attacks (some are impossible as a mage at this point).

The first act is very much "on rails", just move from A-B and kill everything. Not much else to it.

Item and skill customization are minimal. *Epic* weapons are boring and don't really show anything impressive, just a little more damage than regular superior weapons.

Game looks good though, so that's something.

The beta is a RADICAL departure from the Alpha. In the alpha, the game had an open world, multiple weapon combos that looked flashy but also gave you the sense of visceral combat that made it fun. Now it's just another on rails ARPG game, nothing really to separate it from the pack.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Jul 4, 2019, 09:32 PM   #10
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Old Sep 25, 2019, 01:36 PM   #11
xCLAVEx
Not gone

New updatish; There was no official announcement as of yet but the mods did confirm in this thread https://steamcommunity.com/app/42437...3304835501788/. They are planning on releasing the game out of Beta in January (suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure they will) and it will only be 3 acts instead of the promised 5. They are planning on releasing the subsequent acts every 8 months beyond that (yeah right). That means a minimum of a year and a half after they supposedly release the game in Jan before it's completed...but we all know they are going to take at least another few years to do that...if ever.

So in a nutshell, they are going to release an unfinished game as a finished game roughly 4 years later than the finished game was originally supposed to be released, removed all open world aspects of the original design to make it just another diablo clone, and changed the weapon combo system to be more basic and have less variety.

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Sep 25, 2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 01:49 PM   #12
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Meh. May end up taking this one off my wishlist. Had such potential at one time but then it was crickets forever and ever.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 02:04 PM   #13
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Meh. May end up taking this one off my wishlist. Had such potential at one time but then it was crickets forever and ever.
I'm keeping it on my list for when it pops up for $5..
Old Sep 25, 2019, 02:08 PM   #14
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I agree, probably one of my biggest disappointments from a game in the last 10 years, the other being Dawn of War 3 (God they ruined that franchise so badly).

I made the mistake of already purchasing wolcen back when I made this thread thinking it would have been done by now. In fact, this was the early access purchase that made me halt pretty much every other early access purchase for games from then on because of how they burned us.

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Sep 25, 2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:59 PM   #15
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Game releases Thursday (Feb-13 2020), and all of a sudden is now on the Steam top sellers list

I know there's some salty bois in here, but I'm pretty excited about a new ARPG. I bumble****ed my way around Act 1in the beta, and been watching the devs posts the past few months.

I think this might shape up to be a good game. Don't know if it will be a D3/PoE killer, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:51 AM   #16
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Who is salty?

I guess its not really what was originally planned, but i still enjoying new releases for these types of games.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 06:50 PM   #17
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Release trailer dropped

Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:19 AM   #18
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bought this about 4 years ago, even forgot about it's existence for awhile. Probably the longest I've ever waited between purchasing and playing a game. Fans of the arpg genre have some good looking titles to look forward to this year and next.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:34 AM   #19
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

game looks and plays much better post day-one patch. it addresses almost every aspect of the game. I just finished the prologue - short but sweet.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:45 PM   #20
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Put it back on my wishlist. Seems to be getting some love.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:48 PM   #21
xCLAVEx
Not gone

It is definitely the best looking ARPG by miles due to the Crysis engine. I'll give it a shot later tonight when I get home from work.

Old Feb 13, 2020, 01:06 PM   #22
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Game is currently being review bombed due to launch day server issues, but playing in offline mode still works. The bombing is minor currently, once they fix the online mode issues it should stabilize.

Old Feb 13, 2020, 03:39 PM   #23
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Oops... meant to buy it yesterday... ****, not its 20 dollars more expensive..
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:26 PM   #24
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Well, if you like Diablo you'll like this game.

But holy **** does it have some problems. No spoilers, I like the story and the gameplay so far, it just doesn't feel polished.
  • Completing a big quest makes the item reward selection screen pop-up immediately. Even if you're still fighting. So suddenly you can't see what's happening, you're being attacked, and you have to pick what gear reward you want quickly.
  • It stutters and lags a lot. This might not be the experience for others, but it's ****ing persistent. My FPS display in-game shows a steady 60-80 FPS no matter what's happening. But it's just laggy and stutters a lot.
  • Sometimes you just can't click on monsters. It might be a specific side effect of the lag and stuttering. But in a game where you have to click on monsters, all the time, this is not ideal.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:49 PM   #25
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post

But holy **** does it have some problems. No spoilers, I like the story and the gameplay so far, it just doesn't feel polished.
  • Completing a big quest makes the item reward selection screen pop-up immediately. Even if you're still fighting. So suddenly you can't see what's happening, you're being attacked, and you have to pick what gear reward you want quickly.
  • It stutters and lags a lot. This might not be the experience for others, but it's ****ing persistent. My FPS display in-game shows a steady 60-80 FPS no matter what's happening. But it's just laggy and stutters a lot.
  • Sometimes you just can't click on monsters. It might be a specific side effect of the lag and stuttering. But in a game where you have to click on monsters, all the time, this is not ideal.
but is it fun?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:53 PM   #26
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Played this for a few hours today (offline) and overall it was a positive experience. Created a 2H melee only character and enjoyed the gameplay and content that I've played so far. Smacking around mobs with a 2H simply felt satisfying. Sure there's a little bit of the 'indie low budget clunkiness' with some aspects of the game but it didn't detract at all from the fun I was having. Definitely has a lot of potential, once they smooth out the online issues and some of the glitches I'm sure there will be many players who will get hundreds of hours from it. Or even thousands seeing the variety of builds possible.

Keep low expectations for indie games and you'll be pleasantly surprised now and again. The arpg genre needs some life breathed into it and I'm glad there's some devs putting in the effort.

Quote:
Sometimes you just can't click on monsters.
Atm some monsters (like the flying bats) have a too-small hitbox that's sometimes not directly on their model (for eg. it might be below them slightly) You can either turn on 'basic attack' in the options and sweep your mouse over them, or use an AoE.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:24 PM   #27
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:

The not being able to target random monsters is a confirmed bug many are encountering, but so far the online mode is completely broken. Almost nobody is able to play online and those that can connect don't stay connected for long. Offline is currently the only way to play the game.

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Feb 13, 2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:54 AM   #28
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

definitely the award window pop-up needs to be fixed quickly. personally I don't care about the online mode issue. i'm not having any issues regarding performance but as I've mentioned before I artificially limit my frames anyways. btw the devs suggested reinstalling the entire game when it originally released to avoid any conflicts. finally, I just got a 4.4mb patch but no patch notes.

Quote:
Old Feb 14, 2020, 08:07 AM   #29
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
but is it fun?
I want to like it. It is mostly fun. It's weird, there appears to be a really great game under this layer of issues and frustration. If the lag/stutter problem would go away I would really like this game a lot. But anytime you get a big group of monsters together on the screen (which is in a game like this, the whole point and happens all the ****ing time) it just hitches up a lot. And some of the fights are not easy. Made even more frustrating when you get gibbed because you took a big hit, and couldn't move due to hitching, and then you're suddenly dead.

The game's difficulty seems like it might be right on point without the lag.

The game's mechanics are very Dialob-esque so "Is it fun?" is easy to figure out if you just ask yourself "Did I like playing Diablo 3?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Played this for a few hours today (offline) and overall it was a positive experience. Created a 2H melee only character and enjoyed the gameplay and content that I've played so far. Smacking around mobs with a 2H simply felt satisfying. Sure there's a little bit of the 'indie low budget clunkiness' with some aspects of the game but it didn't detract at all from the fun I was having. Definitely has a lot of potential, once they smooth out the online issues and some of the glitches I'm sure there will be many players who will get hundreds of hours from it. Or even thousands seeing the variety of builds possible.

Keep low expectations for indie games and you'll be pleasantly surprised now and again. The arpg genre needs some life breathed into it and I'm glad there's some devs putting in the effort.

Atm some monsters (like the flying bats) have a too-small hitbox that's sometimes not directly on their model (for eg. it might be below them slightly) You can either turn on 'basic attack' in the options and sweep your mouse over them, or use an AoE.
I'm also going the 2hand sword/hammer route and ****ing love watching a crowd of monsters get obliterated with a couple hits in front of me.

Interesting about the "too small hitbox" problem. Because that's exactly what I'm noticing. I'll have to check out this basic attack option. Hopefully it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
The not being able to target random monsters is a confirmed bug many are encountering, but so far the online mode is completely broken. Almost nobody is able to play online and those that can connect don't stay connected for long. Offline is currently the only way to play the game.
Good to know. Because it got me dunked on a few times already.

There are some oddities that make me wonder about the gameplay like my movement based abilities (i.e. heroic leap or jumpy speary) can't traverse between two separate areas or over obstacles when it clearly seems like it should.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:36 AM   #30
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Heads up; There's a horrible bug many players are encountering after they finish act 1 their characters are reset to level 1 and they lose all their gear. That is pretty awful, though it isn't specified if this is happening to the players that can get online or also to offline players.

EDIT: It seems to be happening randomly; some players are encountering it as soon as they start act 2, others are encountering it once they hit act 3.

Don't rely on your stash right now, people are also randomly losing those too lol.