Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:18 PM   #601
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/cy...s-aRRcH8e4RHYT

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed because of current gen consoles, new source claims

Quote:
Now, we would suggest that you take these rumours with a grain of salt, just like any other unofficial info but it would not be the first time that consoles have caused problems to CD Projekt Red. You may remember that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt received a pretty noticeable downgrade close to its release, and apparently, the reason for that was entirely due to consoles.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:55 PM   #602
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
https://www.altchar.com/game-news/cy...s-aRRcH8e4RHYT

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed because of current gen consoles, new source claims
more

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/...4_and_xbox_one

then I will be delayed till next year as the new consoles are around December
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 01:01 PM   #603
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Just downgrade the Xbox One version, no one is playing the game on that system anyways.

But nope, they will downgrade all versions to match because they of course need to maintain a visual parity across all platforms.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 22, 2020, 01:21 PM   #604
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Just downgrade the Xbox One version, no one is playing the game on that system anyways.

But nope, they will downgrade all versions to match because they of course need to maintain a visual parity across all platforms.

if they do I will cancel my pre order and may not buy it till it is 9.99 or less
Old Jan 22, 2020, 01:40 PM   #605
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
if they do I will cancel my pre order and may not buy it till it is 9.99 or less
Things like this is why you shouldn't be pre-ordering at all in the first place.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 02:15 PM   #606
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Things like this is why you shouldn't be pre-ordering at all in the first place.
but games that have gone epic exclusive at the last minute outweigh that for a reason to pre order on steam

and I can always cancel before release
Old Jan 22, 2020, 02:40 PM   #607
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

No one wants downgraded boobies!! grrr
That aside This only helps people with AMD cards so they should be happy for for increased FPS but still mad about the delay.

I am broke for big new PC parts so I would be playing this on the same PC parts no matter when it comes out unless Lotto. So for me I am just mad about the delay. But I have so many games to catch up on. Witcher 3 is one of them I still have to finish. lol

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 03:51 PM   #608
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
If you pay them before they are finished, they just keep going.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 06:52 PM   #609
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

New console versions will be a quick and dirty 4k upgrade.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 04:46 AM   #610
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

See, this **** right here is why I hate this. Consoles have always held games back... ALWAYS!!! I get that the developers want graphical parity for their whole game, but you know what? Tough ****... They should just downgrade for the consoles and leave it be for pc like it should be. Makes all of us suffer in the end and makes developers make stupid decisions that affect the way their original vision was planned to be. Pc's are more powerful they cost more so shouldn't we be given the very best and not have to conform to people who only pay half of what we pay and get a very similar visual experience? This is why there are the console vs pc wars, they are too similar vs the price point. In reality there really isn't a comparison it's just developers are forced by publishers to make it that way. It's only hurting the industry.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 07:36 AM   #611
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Is the PC version really being downgraded though? It seems more like the delay is due to poor performance on the consoles thus requiring more work (if the rumors are to be believed). It's releasing at the same time on console and PC so the PC version gets delayed too.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 08:26 AM   #612
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Is the PC version really being downgraded though? It seems more like the delay is due to poor performance on the consoles thus requiring more work (if the rumors are to be believed). It's releasing at the same time on console and PC so the PC version gets delayed too.
People are afraid of it because its happened repeatedly for a decade, and even witcher 3 had a downgrade. Though not as severe as some games. However people are also forgetting cdprojekt red said they wouldnt do that again.

Really though, no one knows.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 09:28 AM   #613
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Wont know for sure until its released and we can compare to early build gameplay footage. But we all know how the industry works, as its been shown for years now. Multiplatform releases are pretty much required by the consoles to have visual parity for fairness, or something. If it turns out they cannot get the Xbox One version to satisfactory performance and need to dial back visual fidelity, they may also need to dial back some visual fidelity on the other versions to match it.

Personally I can see the reason of fairness across the Xbox and PlayStation, but across console vs PC it doesn't matter as much. I really don't see console and PC as the same market for various reasons. A lot of the console demographic does not even see a gaming PC as an option and it should be viewed differently in the industry. Unfortunately I don't think "fairness" across platforms is the only reason though. I think complexity in development is another factor as well, since I'm sure it makes things easier when all versions of the game are using the same quality assets, etc. It would likely greatly add to development time and costs to have different versions of their game with varying qualities. I have no insider info though, just what I believe its likely the reason.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:45 AM   #614
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
See, this **** right here is why I hate this. Consoles have always held games back... ALWAYS!!! I get that the developers want graphical parity for their whole game, but you know what? Tough ****... They should just downgrade for the consoles and leave it be for pc like it should be. Makes all of us suffer in the end and makes developers make stupid decisions that affect the way their original vision was planned to be. Pc's are more powerful they cost more so shouldn't we be given the very best and not have to conform to people who only pay half of what we pay and get a very similar visual experience? This is why there are the console vs pc wars, they are too similar vs the price point. In reality there really isn't a comparison it's just developers are forced by publishers to make it that way. It's only hurting the industry.
Least common denominator effect.

I gave up the fight for this years ago. For big market AAA titles, PCs will always be considered the red headed step child who happens to be a pirate.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:51 AM   #615
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I agree with meteor. Not the same and will never be. My gf has been playing destiny 2 on her computer for months now and hasnt touched her xbox one x since. She finally gets it lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:03 PM   #616
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
but games that have gone epic exclusive at the last minute outweigh that for a reason to pre order on steam

and I can always cancel before release
Can I have an interest free loan? Since you seem to not have a problem handing them out........
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:14 PM   #617
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizbuka View Post
Can I have an interest free loan? Since you seem to not have a problem handing them out........
can you guarantee my games are not on epic
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:29 PM   #618
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

it already got one

most of it maybe dlss and 1080p but there was some downgrade last year

……...

the one thing about a downgrade they can always tune it back up after release if it is consoles
and then sony with the ps5 may not want a downgrade
and some are saying ps5 release next month ……. not likely but ……….

……….
and yes it is most likely xbox needing the downgrade

but it very well could be NVidia and raytracing if a 2080 ti can't do it well even with crap dlss AT 1440P and 4K
as this comes hard on the " it will have RTX " announcement
Old Jan 23, 2020, 02:50 PM   #619
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Early release footage is always to good to be true.
Running on SLI Titans or some crap in a best case cherry picked spot of the game to make it look its best.
This is nothing new.
How big the drop in visuals has always been the catch to real world gaming. Games that need to be on a Play Station or Xbox with limited texture space also can have an effect but then the PC can always get a path or ship with higher res textures anyways.
Not sure I buy blaming the actual game system but if the game needs to be AMD first and Nvidia 2nd then we have a problem. All that Nvidia tech can't be ignored for the sake of making the game run good on lower end AMD tech. But that is what I am more worried about because of the timing. The have to optimize for something and I am guessing it is the lowest coming monitor and since AMD does not have the Nvidia bells and whistles they will be skipping that for now and look to add it as a patch upgrade later.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 05:37 PM   #620
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Early release footage is always to good to be true.
Running on SLI Titans or some crap in a best case cherry picked spot of the game to make it look its best.
This is nothing new.
How big the drop in visuals has always been the catch to real world gaming. Games that need to be on a Play Station or Xbox with limited texture space also can have an effect but then the PC can always get a path or ship with higher res textures anyways.
Not sure I buy blaming the actual game system but if the game needs to be AMD first and Nvidia 2nd then we have a problem. All that Nvidia tech can't be ignored for the sake of making the game run good on lower end AMD tech. But that is what I am more worried about because of the timing. The have to optimize for something and I am guessing it is the lowest coming monitor and since AMD does not have the Nvidia bells and whistles they will be skipping that for now and look to add it as a patch upgrade later.

the game has NV all over it they said it will have RTX just like witcher 3 had hairworks first
cd projekt red has always been pro NV over AMD
witcher 3 ran like crap at first on AMD

you may need two 2080 ti's to run it with RTX if they can get SLI working in it
Old Jan 24, 2020, 01:34 AM   #621
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Seriously speaking do we think the price of the 2080ti's will have dropped by then?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 02:27 AM   #622
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Seriously speaking do we think the price of the 2080ti's will have dropped by then?
Seriously speaking

no

unless the new 3080 ti is out by then
but if it is everyone will want it and it will be the same or higher
Old Jan 24, 2020, 08:10 AM   #623
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Seriously speaking

no

unless the new 3080 ti is out by then
but if it is everyone will want it and it will be the same or higher
As expensive as it was it might turn out to be a good value if that's the case.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 08:41 AM   #624
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
people who only pay half
Half? You could probably buy five PS4s for the cost of a high end video card. If you value the three tripleA games you get with a new PS4 at about 40 bucks each, you can effectively buy a brand new PS4 right now for 'effectively' less than 100 bucks.

nVidia, having no competition from ATI, raised the cost of video cards by 300% thus driving millions of gamers back to consoles, giving the console market sway, power and influence over developers.

PC gaming is healthier than ever but until there is some kind of price control over mainstream components it will always be at risk of losing huge portions of it's user base to other platforms.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:03 PM   #625
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Half? You could probably buy five PS4s for the cost of a high end video card. If you value the three tripleA games you get with a new PS4 at about 40 bucks each, you can effectively buy a brand new PS4 right now for 'effectively' less than 100 bucks.

nVidia, having no competition from ATI, raised the cost of video cards by 300% thus driving millions of gamers back to consoles, giving the console market sway, power and influence over developers.

PC gaming is healthier than ever but until there is some kind of price control over mainstream components it will always be at risk of losing huge portions of it's user base to other platforms.
It was early in the morning when i wrote lol but yeah... waaaay more than half sorry.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:34 PM   #626
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
As expensive as it was it might turn out to be a good value if that's the case.
11/1/2018 I got my strix

it maybe two years old before the 3080 ti strix is out

$1.85 a day
Old Jan 25, 2020, 01:03 PM   #627
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
11/1/2018 I got my strix

it maybe two years old before the 3080 ti strix is out

$1.85 a day
Exactly!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2020, 02:40 PM   #628
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Millions of gamers back to consoles? Man that's some extreme exaggeration. The amount of gamers who buy anything even remotely related to high-end aren't in the millions to begin with.

They raised the cost of the flagship GPU by a ton, but the 2080 wasn't massively overpriced. The 2080 was MSRP $699, which is $50-100 more than what it should have been, but that's a far-cry from "300%". You have incredible GPUs in the $200-300 price bracket from both vendors right now, and that's where the market is. The 2060 and 5600XT are very good cards for the price.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2020, 04:59 PM   #629
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
MSRP
Nvidia's MSRP = a farking JOKE. In the past few years every one of their MSRPs for high end cards have never even been close to reality unless you were one of the 0.001% lucky enough to buy it straight from their website before they ran out of their very small stock. The remaining 99.99% has to buy from the typical vendors/retailers/websites where the prices were inflated drastically and never went back down to nvidia's recommended price.

Quote:
The 2080 was MSRP $699, which is $50-100 more than what it should have been
And it's about 750 to 800 bucks for a new one right now, which puts it $200 bucks more than what you think it should be worth.

Quote:
Millions of gamers back to consoles? Man that's some extreme exaggeration.
Nope. If it were an exaggeration then consoles wouldn't be the primary target platform for every single tripleA publisher/developer out there. If it were an exaggeration the PS4 wouldn't have recently crossed 100 million sold, (including 1 billion PS4 titles), by surpassing analyst projections at an alarming rate. IMO nVidia (and their partners) price hikes over the past few years are one of the primary factors keeping the console sale rate up this late in their life cycle.

Most "gamers", even PC gamers, are casual players who don't need all the fancy bells and whistles a high end PC provides. I'm willing to bet many of them said "1k for a video card? Why not just buy a PS4 instead?". Until ATI provides some competition, then I don't see the situation improving.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2020, 05:09 PM   #630
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Nvidia's MSRP = a farking JOKE. In the past few years every one of their MSRPs for high end cards have never even been close to reality unless you were one of the 0.001% lucky enough to buy it straight from their website before they ran out of their very small stock. The remaining 99.99% has to buy from the typical vendors/retailers/websites where the prices were inflated drastically and never went back down to nvidia's recommended price.

And it's about 750 to 800 bucks for a new one right now, which puts it $200 bucks more than what you think it should be worth.

Nope. If it were an exaggeration then consoles wouldn't be the primary target platform for every single tripleA publisher/developer out there. If it were an exaggeration the PS4 wouldn't have recently crossed 100 million sold, (including 1 billion PS4 titles), by surpassing analyst projections at an alarming rate. IMO nVidia (and their partners) price hikes over the past few years are one of the primary factors keeping the console sale rate up this late in their life cycle.

Most "gamers", even PC gamers, are casual players who don't need all the fancy bells and whistles a high end PC provides. I'm willing to bet many of them said "1k for a video card? Why not just buy a PS4 instead?". Until ATI provides some competition, then I don't see the situation improving.
drop in the bucket

Quote:
The amount of gamers in the world has reached 1.8 billion, with 1.2 billion gamers playing on PC
https://mygaming.co.za/news/features...he-market.html

and they may not need it but they want it

and since this year everyone is pushing 4k gaming they are soon going to need those 2080 ti's or something as fast or faster
all we can hope is AMD does match or beat the 2080 ti for cheaper

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 25, 2020 at 05:14 PM.