Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jan 11, 2020, 03:30 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

They didn't do a damn thing. Everything is just fine, my **** driving truck has no problems. They won't even acknowledge any problem I've documented. Can't reopen the BBB claim fast enough.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2020, 03:35 PM   #242
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Jesus, they didn't even do the oil change I requested.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 09:01 AM   #243
Elysian
SCAATSJW

BBB case has been reopened.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 13, 2020, 09:03 AM   #244
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Damn that's some **** service! I hope the buy back goes through quickly for you.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:47 AM   #245
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Damn that's some **** service!
Sadly all too common. In my experience, dealership service centers only look at the computer when analyzing problems. They don't test drive the vehicle, or if they do, it's only for a few minutes. Who cares if the tranny is about to fall out? If there are no errors on the OBD2, the problem doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I hope the buy back goes through quickly for you
Ditto.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:51 AM   #246
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My neighbor loves his Silverado, he had an older one and and bought a 2018 not too long ago, hasn't had a single issue. I think GM puts all the effort into their full size pickups and Corvette and screw everything else.
I'm still loving my '07H2 Silverado 1500 Z71. Aside from the airbag light being on, which I need to get fixed at some point, it's been a great truck.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 01:57 PM   #247
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Differential acted up again on the drive back from lunch, but "no problem" right?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 07:34 AM   #248
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Jeez dude - how has your lawyer not gotten you a new truck yet?

Every time I peek into this thread I go home and hug my beat up old '03 Ram...
Old Jan 14, 2020, 07:49 AM   #249
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I'm not lawyered up yet. I'm doing this through the BBB. If it doesn't work out as expected I will get a lawyer involved.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 07:51 AM   #250
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Take out a full page add in the local paper, detailing your problems and pointing out how the dealer won't help. Give the dealer enough bad press and I guarantee you'll have a new truck sitting in your driveway shortly. Or, at worst, a full refund.

Do you have the equivalent of "7 on your side" (local ABC news station in San Francisco that investigated complaints like this and usually got great results for people)? Might be worth a try if anything like that exists locally.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 07:55 AM   #251
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I'm working through the lemon law process, BBB thinks I have a case for a full buyback, so I'll wait it out. My BBB rep told me he'll have an offer with me in 14 days or less from yesterday.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 07:57 AM   #252
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
I'm working through the lemon law process, BBB thinks I have a case for a full buyback, so I'll wait it out. My BBB rep told me he'll have an offer with me in 14 days or less from yesterday.
Good luck.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 08:51 AM   #253
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Good luck.
X2
Old Jan 21, 2020, 07:16 AM   #254
Elysian
SCAATSJW

GM called me while I was out of town about what was going on. Was a short call, I'm on my 3rd GM rep now, seems I get a new one for each phase of this thing.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 06:05 PM   #255
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
GM called me while I was out of town about what was going on. Was a short call, I'm on my 3rd GM rep now, seems I get a new one for each phase of this thing.
What is GM doing exactly?
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 06:21 AM   #256
Elysian
SCAATSJW

We're at the proposal stage. They propose a resolution, I decide if I accept or not.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 09:38 AM   #257
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Started working on the replacement vehicle this morning. Financing secured, we'll see what I come up with. This process should come to a close hopefully by this Monday, but potentially another 2 weeks past that.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 01:55 PM   #258
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Put a deposit on this today.

More pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/dVKEq6b

It's a 2018, has 29k miles on it, CPO for 5 years after original delivery date, unlimited mileage. Price was really good, and they gave me a bit of a military discount, car is near mint. Found it in Georgia, having it shipped here.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 03:00 PM   #259
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

It's a 2018, has 29k miles on it, CPO for 5 years after original delivery date, unlimited mileage. Price was really good, and they gave me a bit of a military discount, car is near mint. Found it in Georgia, having it shipped here.
You could certainly do a lot worse for $33k.

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 03:06 PM   #260
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
You could certainly do a lot worse for $33k.

Actually got them to knock off $700, but then shipping added $600 and taxes added nearly $2500. Still happy with the deal, as long as there's nothing hiding when I take delivery. Will be doing a thorough inspection.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 03:42 PM   #261
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Damn that's a sweet ride!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 04:01 PM   #262
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

That's a definite upgrade!

Sweet ride!

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 04:23 PM   #263
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Going from a Chevy Colorado to an Audi Awesomesauce. Great job!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 04:56 PM   #264
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
We're at the proposal stage. They propose a resolution, I decide if I accept or not.
I see. So what happens if GM lowballs you, and you both reach a stalemate in the process? Who settles the matter then? Does it go to court or arbitration?

Also, congratulations on your new Audi!
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 05:21 PM   #265
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
I see. So what happens if GM lowballs you, and you both reach a stalemate in the process? Who settles the matter then? Does it go to court or arbitration?

Also, congratulations on your new Audi!
I believe if the first offer isn't good it goes to arbitration, which is binding.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:22 PM   #266
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

That is a beautiful car! No comparison to that Colorado. I'm somewhat jelly.
Nah, good for you!
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:39 PM   #267
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Awesome! Love the color. Good luck, hope everything works out.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 07:39 AM   #268
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I love the color as well. My only criteria on color was not black, this is actually perfect for me. I park outside of a stone mill every day, so a black or white car shows the stone dust a lot. A grey color won't show it quite as much.

I'm going to wash it a lot I think. I didn't really feel the need with any of my cars since my 2001 3 series, but this one is special.

Dealer overnighted the paperwork yesterday, can't wait for it to get here.

Last edited by Elysian : Jan 23, 2020 at 08:04 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 02:07 PM   #269
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Just signed my life away. Dealer told me they're trying to have the car picked up tomorrow or Saturday. Best I can tell it's a 2-4 day trip, so hoping to have the car here early next week!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 03:03 PM   #270
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Awesome! Love the color. Good luck, hope everything works out.
Yeah, hopefully not like what happened to this guy:

https://youtu.be/lFVMq-dbHsk

(note: the above is just for entertainment - I think Elysian did good by finding a CPO at a good price and didn't worry about the dealership being far away...it's how I would have done it and I am sure it will turn out great)
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote