Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:03 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Nioh 2 PS4 13 March 2020

Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:30 PM   #2
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I hope it comes to PC like the first one, because the beta looked like crap on PS4.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:32 PM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
I hope it comes to PC like the first one, because the beta looked like crap on PS4.
ugh, I hope it's better for final release. I didn't have the PS4 when the beta rolled out...I'm sure it'll follow the first one to pc sooner or later though. At least I hope it does.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 6, 2020, 02:27 PM   #4
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
ugh, I hope it's better for final release. I didn't have the PS4 when the beta rolled out...I'm sure it'll follow the first one to pc sooner or later though. At least I hope it does.
Nioh2 was definitely better than Nioh1 judging by the demo, with a bit of a polish and some DLC it'll will definitely surpass Nioh1, unless of course Tecmo/Team Ninja go full DOA DLC tactics.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 02:43 PM   #5
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Nioh2 was definitely better than Nioh1 judging by the demo, with a bit of a polish and some DLC it'll will definitely surpass Nioh1, unless of course Tecmo/Team Ninja go full DOA DLC tactics.
There goes another 250 hours of my life
Old Jan 6, 2020, 06:29 PM   #6
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yeah, the game itself, judging from the beta, will be awesome, my only complaints were the graphics.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 06:15 PM   #7
Lazy8s
One day at a time

So I've been playing the timed demo that's out.

It's kicking my ass I'm really hoping this isn't the starting area they put up. Some of the enemies are just brutal. Making my fingers work with the couple of control changes they made is getting me in trouble as well. I think I'll be summoning some help here.

Anyone else in?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:23 PM   #8
Cynicalking
who

Downloading the demo right now. Will take a while with my super 6mb download speed
Old Feb 29, 2020, 02:47 AM   #9
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I made it to the first boss. Again and again ...and again. I'm being one shotted 2 seconds after entering the fight.

I ....hope this is going to be tweaked a bit before the full release.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 03:07 AM   #10
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

If it's like the others it's probably a mid game mission. Which does... nothing about making me want to keep playing it. At least the first demo started with a bunch of normal enemies not clustered together so you had room to maneuver and then ramped things up as the level progressed. This demo though, can't move one foot and not have a fight against a Yokai without a guy firing arrows or a bazooka at you.

I mean, I'll give it another try tomorrow, but I'm not having fun so not sure how much I'm going to bother.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2020, 04:55 AM   #11
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Yeah that multi enemy is a bit over done for sure here. The first games combat tweaks, implementation were really satisfying for me - heck I'm still playing it lol.

This one...I mean granted it's a tiny area, but it seems over cooked, for lack of a better term. That ape-like yokai is ridiculous and I'm not really a fan of the guardian spirit changes.

meh - I started another character and rolled with kusa and glaive, and I'm actually winning more than dying now. I already bought the game and refuse to waste it, so I better learn this thing

edit: I spent some time leveling and getting some jutsu skill points, and I'm beginning to get a feel for the new combat systems. It's the same with a couple of major additions. It's still damn hard, but then again, 50% or more of the mobs are all mini bosses lol.

Making progress, but Isure miss my old GS.

Last edited by Lazy8s : Feb 29, 2020 at 07:04 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 06:54 AM   #12
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I uninstalled the demo this morning. I'm just not that impressed. I don't regret preordering the game, but I sure hope they tweak some things before the final release.

1. Some of the yokai abilities are fun, but the timing on using them on some enemies feels broken.
2. Having a guardian spirit feels almost like an afterthought now, and how using it and the soul cores and yokai powers just feels clunky.
3. The difficulty spike - I never got past the 1st boss. I made about 20 runs at it and more often than not I was one shotted within 20 seconds - more below on that.
4. Ki use, recovery, ki pollution from the yokai realm is just over the top horrible in this one. Once ki is depleted it's nearly impossible to recover, like from dodging and blocking the first bosses whirlwind attack, which it seemed to love to spam me with.

Getting help - there's a ton of players leaving beneficial graves to summon from, and the torii gate works as well as ever, but again, that first boss....it would focus on one of us and either me or the summons would be dead within a few seconds.

I watched a few videos of players beating this thing. I have no idea if they farmed and leveled for 15 hours to get where they could beat it -- I'm not willing to do that. Shouldn't have to go to such lengths.

Hey team Ninja - if you see this, the difficulty in the first game was perfect. Please tweak this for us lowly noobs, would ya?

Maximum disappoint

edit: Reinstalled because I like being hurt. What is wrong with me?

Last edited by Lazy8s : Mar 1, 2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 09:57 AM   #13
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Maybe it's just the tuning in the demo?

I was having some serious concerns about the stamina/ki system in this game. From what little I played, it feels like I can't do **** without being completely out of stamina and waiting to recover. The enemies though seem to be able to spam it away.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:12 AM   #14
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Maybe it's just the tuning in the demo?

I was having some serious concerns about the stamina/ki system in this game. From what little I played, it feels like I can't do **** without being completely out of stamina and waiting to recover. The enemies though seem to be able to spam it away.
I'm about to send team ninja a personal video of me, on my knees in tears, begging for them to fix it

Some of the enemies tank your ki in one hit. If you can't gain a bit of distance to recover...sayonara lol.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 04:29 PM   #15
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
I'm about to send team ninja a personal video of me, on my knees in tears, begging for them to fix it

Some of the enemies tank your ki in one hit. If you can't gain a bit of distance to recover...sayonara lol.
This game is making me angry. It feels like this is a slog and a half. Big guy shows up in that dark area? One hit. You're ****ed. Guessing I gotta beat him to get past the wall or open that crate.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Mar 1, 2020, 06:34 PM   #16
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
This game is making me angry. It feels like this is a slog and a half. Big guy shows up in that dark area? One hit. You're ****ed. Guessing I gotta beat him to get past the wall or open that crate.
shoot the sniper on the catwalk from outside. Shoot the little guy. Summon a blue grave to keep the big guy busy. Run in and destroy the big crystal. Crystals are a thing in the dark areas. Bust the crystal and the guardians die.

Yeah it has me a bit up in arms too. Sorry I haven't been available all day...family thing going on.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 07:19 PM   #17
Lazy8s
One day at a time

This first major boss...I don't know what to say. I get it down to 40% health or less every time. That's better than the "I walk in and turned to hamburger in 2 seconds" that I was dealing with before....but jeez ya know? I didn't have this bad a time with Sekiro's final boss.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 09:17 PM   #18
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I took a few more runs at it. The timed demo is closed after tonight I guess, and I already bought the game.

I sure hope the full game gives me a chance to level a bunch before this boss.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 09:08 AM   #19
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

I'm really hoping this "level" we got was just a bunch of stuff thrown in to an area and that the game itself will be not this.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:21 AM   #20
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I'm really hoping this "level" we got was just a bunch of stuff thrown in to an area and that the game itself will be not this.
Same here. I did some browsing this morning and there is a ton of feedback about the difficulty, mostly the ki.

So far the devs have been really listening to feedback from the alpha and beta trials, so hopefully they do here too.

Nioh was hard, harder than Sekiro in spots, but I still beat the entire game, dlc included. This....ugh...never did get past that first boss. I know others did...but not too many I bet.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 04:48 AM   #21
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Just for comparison sake, I have a build in Nioh that's in Way of the Wise or NG+++. Level 420.

The difficulty in the Nioh2 last chance trial was comparable to that in a couple of spots, but for different reasons.

Even on my level 80 NG build, with 2-3 enemies at once I was able to maintain my stamina and either win or retreat. Taking a straight hit from one of the more dangerous enemies (raven tengu) didn't even tank my ki.

A minor hit from say...the medusa or ninja yokai on the other hand in 2 would wreck me.

It's almost as if the devs are going for a ki based combat system, somewhat like Sekiro's poise based system. Only in Sekiro you could take multiple hits.

Not so much in this.

Welp, I've already pre-ordered the game, so here's to hoping that really was a mid game level being attempted with a new build.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:04 PM   #22
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Yeah, got to the boss and kinda stopped. So... much... aoe spam. Maybe trying with a different Yokai burst would have been better, but holy smokes, the timing differences between the three just make it having to relearn counters all over again.

ANYWAYS, I hate myself and am bad with money so I preordered it in the hopes that ****'ll be a bit more level in the normal game considering how much time I put into the OG game. Here's hoping!

If it's too bad, at least I'll have Animal Crossing later in the month to wind down with.

Old Mar 4, 2020, 08:04 PM   #23
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post

ANYWAYS, I hate myself and am bad with money so I preordered it
Welcome to the 'why do I do this to myself?' club
Old Mar 7, 2020, 05:55 AM   #24
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

edit: Reinstalled because I like being hurt. What is wrong with me?
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2020, 08:33 AM   #25
Lazy8s
One day at a time

For anyone interested, fightincowboy put together an excellent guide on Nioh 2's build attributes/configuration how to etc. About a 30 minute watch, no spoilers and worth it if you're new to Nioh. Combat and tweaking goes much, much deeper than Soulsborne games, so it's worth learning it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvXX9fHd3RE

A lot of this also applies to the first game....
Old Mar 7, 2020, 04:15 PM   #26
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ugh yeah, I gotta figure out what weapon sets I'm gonna use this time around. Might do tonfa/spear. Did tonfa/dual swords last time around with Onmyo, but it looks like they changed up some stats, mainly adding that Courage one which kinda dampers that old synergy. Though I might go completely crazy and try to get a ninjitsu build going this time around.

Argh, why can't it be the 13th? Might just start a new character on Nioh 1 and play that for a bit. Would try doing the DLC again but they pretty much balanced that around going through Way of the Strong first it seems, but grinding way of the strong to do normal dlc kinda burned me out last time.

Old Mar 7, 2020, 05:12 PM   #27
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Been playing Nioh to get ready and practice before 2 comes out. So far I'm enjoying the Odachi move set and play style.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 7, 2020, 05:14 PM   #28
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I've never rolled an onmyo build, but that switch glaive/spear combo looks nice.

I didn't get the same feel for basic stats that I had with the first though. My WotW build in 1 has been a Kusa/ninjitsu build from the very start, but even at rock bottom it wasn't as squishy as the build in 2 felt, even at ~lvl 30.

We'll have to see if the tempering has been nerfed as well. That was a pretty powerful forging tool in 1, and reforging is gone in 2 so....

I'll have to find out along with everyone else...I've been working steadily through WotW and the abyss for a couple of weeks now - WotW hurts

That dlc...I didn't think the balance was there. I solo'ed everything, but 2 of the bosses were just ridiculously painful.

Just for comparison - I've gone into way of the strong dlc co-op to help someone, after clearing it solo on way of the demon, and still had a tough time
Old Mar 8, 2020, 06:24 PM   #29
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Onmyo was fun as you always had a supply of magic shots to hit stuff from far. Also buffing weapons with elements. I managed to snag some dual katanas that had A scaling in Magic as well at some point. Part of me wants to keep Onmyo this time as well, cause, yeah, elemental buffing weapons is handy.

Yeah, the DLC crushed me. The first boss would one shot me. It was kinda insane.

Welp, couldn't help myself and started a new character in Nioh 1 to pass the time. Went dual swords/spear. Build is kinda all over the place, not dumping into any one stat. Works for now though! Managed to get Hino Enma in under 10 tries I think? And that's without cheesing sloth like I did the first time around. Still popped living weapon when she was down to less than 25% health just to make sure I finished her. I will say, immediately getting your guardian spirit back when you enter a boss fight is a nice QoL upgrade in Nioh 2. Dodging bosses to get it back to your "grave" can get hectic. Though I will say, it's nice how fast the LW guage fills opposed to the Yokai shift gauge in Nioh 2. Will miss that, unless main game tweaks things even more from that last demo.

Playing now there is a distinct lack of high level revanents dropping those special armor sets like my first go around.

Old Mar 8, 2020, 07:03 PM   #30
Lazy8s
One day at a time

The high level revenants are in the dlc after that 1st boss

There's a mission in the Dragon of the North dlc in the Tohoku Region called Spirit Stone Huntress.

At first glance it just looks like a single boss room when you warp in, but if you turn around and go back, there are usually 20-30 graves where you originally fight Date Masamune. Farm away for gear, glory and cups. Way of the Strong is even better.

I know the community is super active still - anywhere from 5-25 seconds I'm summoned into someone's game.

I'm going for that onmyo build, until 2 drops anyway, and yeah that auto retrieve on the GS is super sweet.

Man I can't wait for that game.