Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 7, 2019, 06:58 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Just finished Act 1...holy crap this game looks good and the story is really good so far.

Posted some screenshots in the screenshot thread.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2019, 07:42 PM   #32
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

3440x1440 Benchmark. I think I will continue to play this on my Gsync ultrawide. Such a huge framerate difference between 3440x1440 and 4K.

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2019, 09:34 PM   #33
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
you need a 2080ti and a 3900x just to get 60 fps at 4k ooouch
With all the marketing* around 4k (and even 8k), it's easy to forget that the pixel counts grow exponentially and that these are seriously high resolutions for the tech we have now, which will still occasionally hiccup at the 'low' res of 1080p.

Even 30fps at native 4k in tripleA high fidelity games is quite impressive for current generation technology.

*Bullshiat PR, misinformation campaigns and false advertising from console and TV manufacturers.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:05 PM   #34
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Gears 5

No thread for this gem yet? Just got key and started playing. Looks very nice.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:17 PM   #35
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's in the gayme pass thread.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:54 PM   #36
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
It's in the gayme pass thread.
Yeah but it deserves its own thread.

yoz
Old Sep 8, 2019, 01:03 PM   #37
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah word. Though game is called Gears 5 and not Gears of War 5.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 01:04 PM   #38
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Gears 5

I hereby declare this the official thread for this esteemed dudebro franchise.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 02:13 PM   #39
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I hereby declare this the official thread for this esteemed dudebro franchise.
You missed the cut. Merging.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 02:20 PM   #40
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Nah, I just did a "actually it's called Gears 5" as a thread instead of a reply.

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 02:45 PM   #41
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Gracias!

yoz
Old Sep 8, 2019, 04:11 PM   #42
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

about half the posts in the game pass thread go here
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 04:40 PM   #43
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Purchased based on MAC's review.

Installing now, this may be the title that forces me to buy a 2080Ti, that I already own..... 6 of them
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 05:38 PM   #44
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I posted this in another thread but HDR in this game is awesome. At 4K this is one sweet looking game.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 05:42 PM   #45
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Ignore that last PM, sorry.

yoz
Old Sep 8, 2019, 05:46 PM   #46
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

They need to fix the audio with the Logitech headsets... tired of switching the driver to usb audio just to play it...
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 05:51 PM   #47
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Purchased based on MAC's review.

Installing now, this may be the title that forces me to buy a 2080Ti, that I already own..... 6 of them
No need this game plays and looks great on a 1080 Ti at 4k!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 07:16 PM   #48
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I haven't touched any of the Gears releases. Are they worth investing time for SP? Are all 5 on PC?

EDIT: Looks like any cd keys before Gears 5 are not available. I ain't touching no Microsoft XBOX shizzle.

Last edited by Megaman : Sep 8, 2019 at 07:31 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 07:42 PM   #49
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I haven't touched any of the Gears releases. Are they worth investing time for SP? Are all 5 on PC?

EDIT: Looks like any cd keys before Gears 5 are not available. I ain't touching no Microsoft XBOX shizzle.
The Gears 5 key I bought from cdkeys included a copy for Gears 4.

yoz
Old Sep 8, 2019, 07:57 PM   #50
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
The Gears 5 key I bought from cdkeys included a copy for Gears 4.
Interesting... although the Steam price for G5 appears to be a little too high.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 08:17 PM   #51
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post

I love that the Xbox app closes itself when you launch a game.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 09:36 PM   #52
acroig
Master Troll

@1440 Ultra I'm getting 109.9 average FPS.

yoz
Old Sep 8, 2019, 09:59 PM   #53
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Stop with the FPS. Just reached the sandy vag of the world and game still is dope.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:57 PM   #54
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Is anyone in the UK playing the game with Gamepass?

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:01 PM   #55
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I love that the Xbox app closes itself when you launch a game.
Noob question...Do I actually need an Xbox console to run this or do I just claim it on Xbox live via windows and install?

EDIT: Already worked out the answer but I'll leave the question here so y'all can point and laugh at my expense!

Picked up Gears 4 for $3 and redeemed it using me hotmail account. Found it in Xbox live via my mac but can't see the install button. Perhaps I should try this via the PC instead.

Last edited by Megaman : Sep 8, 2019 at 11:13 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:42 AM   #56
KAC
That postcount though...

Gay download the xbox beta app. There should be all the games from game pass on there. Alternatively go to Windows app store (of course using the same account that you used on xbox app) and you can down pump directly from the store using the search button.

Megagay you are really gay and if you weren't this gay probably you would figure out how to downpump some Gears games.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:47 AM   #57
Megaman
Packing heat!

I'm as light hearted and carefree as they come.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 02:42 AM   #58
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Go to windows store, get gamepass for $2 for 2 months. DL Gears 5. Profit.

The best gears games are Gears of War 1 ultimate/remastered edition and Gears 5. I didn't really care for any of the others.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 05:43 AM   #59
KAC
That postcount though...

2 and 3 are also very good.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 09:14 AM   #60
Megaman
Packing heat!

Installed G4. 133GB?? Dafuq?

On topic, I’d like to pick up G5 at some point