Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 25, 2019, 07:02 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
Responses in that post aren't all that cheerful about it...
Yup, I'm still giving it a shot but most likely will after wait until AMD figure out what is going on and release an update for all board manufacturers to work on.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:25 PM   #212
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

oh well I had to wait two weeks last time with the C6H as the first few bios were bricking motherboards

or I may just wait till I can find a x570 MB
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:27 PM   #213
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

oh well I had to wait two weeks last time with the C6H as the first few bios were bricking motherboards

or just wait till I can find a x570 MB
I read the aftermath of that

Think we'll all just have to wait until AMD sort out the latest agesa and hand back to motherboard manufacturers.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:40 PM   #214
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
I read the aftermath of that

Think we'll all just have to wait until AMD sort out the latest agesa and hand back to motherboard manufacturers.
yea

not seeing many new x570 bios ether from MSI,GB or Asus
I may buy who ever gets it working first

all the problems from all three gens is keeping them hopping

but I am sure they will finger it out eventually
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:56 PM   #215
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Regarding the cores getting stuck. It's actually a pretty common problem. Some apps apparently are causing the CPU boost algorithm to think they're under load even though they're not. It may have something to do with the program doing some sort of CPU polling, which keeps waking the cores up. It results in higher idle clocks/power consumption, and also lower max boost, probably because it keeps the CPU from realizing the other cores can be clocked down since they're not doing anything.

Some also claim the running memory higher than 3600 MHz causes the bug. I haven't verified that myself. It may also be board/CPU dependent.

Hopefully a fix is being worked on.
The only way I get my ASRock to quit being at a boost of 43 is to use the Power saver setting with the utility I installed from ASRock. Was not paying attention to my clocks and thought wait a min. it should be idling at 36 to 38. Duh, that's why my temps are between 50C and 60C at idle with high vcore.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2019, 01:01 PM   #216
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
yea

not seeing many new x570 bios ether from MSI,GB or Asus
I may buy who ever gets it working first

all the problems from all three gens is keeping them hopping

but I am sure they will finger it out eventually

They definitely will, hopefully the problems aren't serious, would love to truly see what these chips can do asap.

No tweaking for me tonight, it's 35°C (95F) and no ac
Old Jul 25, 2019, 01:26 PM   #217
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
They definitely will, hopefully the problems aren't serious, would love to truly see what these chips can do asap.

No tweaking for me tonight, it's 35°C (95F) and no ac
it's 100f here and 11am
and we are having the coolest summer I have ever seen in Phoenix since 76

but 77f inside with A/C
Old Jul 25, 2019, 01:49 PM   #218
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
it's 100f here and 11am
and we are having the coolest summer I have ever seen in Phoenix since 76

but 77f inside with A/C
I probably wouldn't mind it so much if I had ac but it's as hot inside as it is outside, I haven't even turned my pc on!

I might get a decent portable ac unit for next summer, we only have a few days like this per year but damn is it miserable.

I'm just sitting here and my clothes are soaked.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 03:04 PM   #219
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Summer in Phoenix is like winter in the north, You can throw both in the garbage
Old Jul 25, 2019, 03:08 PM   #220
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Summer in Phoenix is like winter in the north, You can throw both in the garbage
since I do A/C I love Summer
Old Jul 25, 2019, 03:14 PM   #221
Nascar24

Quote:
since I do A/C I love Summer
Bleh, Its the same as being stuck inside in the winter.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 04:22 PM   #222
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

I'd live in a freezer if I could right now, currently on my sticky leather couch, splashed water all over myself and have a high speed pedestal fan blowing over me.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 04:41 PM   #223
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Bleh, Its the same as being stuck inside in the winter.
https://www.fromthegrapevine.com/lif...d-without-snow

did that once in the 90's

don't think I still have gotten all the sand out
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:55 PM   #224
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

ordered a Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) 412.67 w/tax Amazon pre order estimated in on the 4th and to me on the 7th if all goes well

shipped and sold by amazon hence the sales tax

……

and this showed up today

bike messenger delivered

really wish you could buy them without the throwaway cooler

Last edited by bill dennison : Jul 26, 2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 01:07 AM   #225
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I updated the bios on my CH6 Hero. I actually went to a beta posted on the Asus forum. It seems more stable and maybe boot issues are better. But, for some reason, I lost memory/IF OC. I'm now only stable at 3600 MHz C14-15-14-28-42, whereas before I was stable at 3733 (didn't bother trying 3666). Oh well, probably not a huge performance difference either way. Ambient temps are a bit higher too, so I don't know if that could have made the difference if I was just on the edge of stability.

Quote:
bike messenger delivered

If you put the cooler up on Ebay you can probably get about $20-$30 back for it. On the other hand, I do sort of agree that an option to buy without the cooler for a couple bucks off would be appreciated. Maybe too much trouble logistically for them to offer it though.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 01:10 AM   #226
Nascar24

Not throw away for me, using it now, I say the majority of people out there use it. Dont have the time or patience to mess with water, these things dont OC that great anyways.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 01:44 AM   #227
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
ordered a Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) 412.67 w/tax Amazon pre order estimated in on the 4th and to me on the 7th if all goes well

shipped and sold by amazon hence the sales tax

……

and this showed up today

bike messenger delivered

Why you get 3800X peasant CPU? Should’ve gone 3900X.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 03:40 AM   #228
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Why you get 3800X peasant CPU? Should’ve gone 3900X.
mostly availability

and less power draw and less heat

and I don't do much video editing and conversion anymore

and the 3800x and 3900x are mostly the same at gaming
especially at 4k
Old Jul 27, 2019, 07:02 AM   #229
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just got my first C5 boot up error. Clear CMOS, reset everything back to normal, no problem booting up.

Annoying, but could be worse...

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 08:19 AM   #230
barleystout
Radeon R700

barleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete stranger

Heads up and link to Reddit thread placeholder for a Tuesday update from AMD_Robert on the current issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...destiny_2_and/

Quote:
Hello, friends.

Please set a remindme! on this post for Tuesday morning (30 July) Central Daylight Saving Time (CDT). We have a comprehensive update coming for you regarding the WHEA warnings in the Windows Event Log; Destiny 2 game launch; and desktop idle behavior.

We're putting the finishing touches on it, and wanted to let y'all know when to expect it as soon as I could. I will edit this post with the final details on 7/30.
barleystout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:39 AM   #231
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleystout View Post
Heads up and link to Reddit thread placeholder for a Tuesday update from AMD_Robert on the current issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...destiny_2_and/
This isn't a game release
Why not monday?

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:24 PM   #232
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The pre announcement for the actual announcement on the 30th that will say the release is in Q1 2020.....

Will be nice to have the option to load into destiny again though.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 09:47 PM   #233
Nascar24

Sure they are releasing it to the manufactures but how much longer will we have to wait for them to get it up and incorporated into their boards.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 05:52 AM   #234
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I’m sure that asus will be able to incorporate it before the release of Ryzen 4xxx.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 07:18 AM   #235
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
mostly availability

and less power draw and less heat

and I don't do much video editing and conversion anymore

and the 3800x and 3900x are mostly the same at gaming
especially at 4k
This is such a lame excuse coming from you. At your age that is like being thrifty about the old home that you are going to spend your days in. Get a ****ing 3900X or better.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 07:23 AM   #236
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Cinebench R20 score of 7153
Haven't updated bios or changed any settings other than XMP, PBO set to Auto but haven't seen any core over 4.12ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:04 AM   #237
Nascar24

Quote:
This is such a lame excuse coming from you. At your age that is like being thrifty about the old home that you are going to spend your days in. Get a ****ing 3900X or better.
The difference for gaming from the 3700X - 3900X isn't worth it, there is very little difference in benchmarks for gaming.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:15 AM   #238
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
where is your 3900x and 2080 ti
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:43 AM   #239
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Get a 9900K
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:50 AM   #240
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

reordered C8H from Newegg to get faster and save 33 bucks sales tax

ships tomorrow