Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 14, 2019, 02:34 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Don’t need it. Still waiting for a game that doesn’t run well at 1440P.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Metro: Exodus
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 02:43 PM   #212
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Don’t need it. Still waiting for a game that doesn’t run well at 1440P.
Knowing that you're not a 60 FPS kinda gay I'm surprised you did not find you need it for ACdyssey at 1440p max.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 02:55 PM   #213
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Crysis with the Gaytracing mod only runs at 1080p 60FPS.

Runs at 250FPS @ 4K on my Quintuple SLI.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 14, 2019, 03:07 PM   #214
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Knowing that you're not a 60 FPS kinda gay I'm surprised you did not find you need it for ACdyssey at 1440p max.
I found more performance upgrading CPU. AC runs pretty great on a 1080TI @ 1440P Maxed.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 14, 2019, 05:13 PM   #215
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I found more performance upgrading CPU. AC runs pretty great on a 1080TI @ 1440P Maxed.
What CPU you have now? You don't seem to have system specs active.

On my rig at those settings it would dip into the upper 50's plenty of times.

EDIT: KAC has the same CPU I have so my results should be the same for him on the 1080Ti.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Jul 14, 2019 at 05:24 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 05:47 PM   #216
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

EDIT: KAC has the same CPU I have so my results should be the same for him on the 1080Ti.
He was running a 6700K on a board that caused him problems in SLI. He now has a 9900K running at 5.1GHz.

I may grab a 2080Ti EVGA FTW3 on the 23rd for my bday, haven't treated myself in a while. $2000 though....
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jul 14, 2019, 06:12 PM   #217
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I've got 5 in Quintuple SLI.
No need for pics. I believe.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 06:40 PM   #218
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:

I was only seeing the 50 range in large cities like Athens that were caused by CPU limitation. For the most part I was getting 70+ w/ a TITAN Xp @ 2070Mhz.

I'm running a 9900K @ 5Ghz now.

Quote:
He was running a 6700K on a board that caused him problems in SLI. He now has a 9900K running at 5.1GHz.
The SLI issue was with my 3770K on a Gigabyte board. The ASUS board I had with my 6700K was rock solid.

Quote:
I may grab a 2080Ti EVGA FTW3 on the 23rd for my bday, haven't treated myself in a while. $2000 though....
Not worth it at that price. I only got it because I grabbed it open-box for $1100.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 07:23 PM   #219
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
I was only seeing the 50 range in large cities like Athens that were caused by CPU limitation. For the most part I was getting 70+ w/ a TITAN Xp @ 2070Mhz.

The SLI issue was with my 3770K on a Gigabyte board. The ASUS board I had with my 6700K was rock solid.

Not worth it at that price. I only got it because I grabbed it open-box for $1100.
I'm Canadian Rupee's, that'd be like $1400 USD. Figure I sell my 1080Ti for like $400ish and then it would cost my about a $1000 USD.

Then I'd be in big dick mode and laughing at how slow KAC's system is since no RayTracing.

Maybe do a 9900K myself, Asus Maximus XI Apex.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:22 AM   #220
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Metro: Exodus
Played and finished Metro Exodus. Ran fine at 1440P maxed out w/o RTX. Hovered in the range of 70-90s. Wasn't a problem for a stealth/slow action fps.
Just bought KCD a few days ago. Thus far seems to run in the 70 fps range. Will see how that goes. Given it is a slow sword fighting game, I don't need the 100+ fps.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:23 AM   #221
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

2000 Canadian jizz pellets would be absurd.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 07:07 AM   #222
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
2000 Canadian jizz pellets would be absurd.
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX75598

vs

https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-...1FT-001K-003E4

Which is in USD.

MemoryExpress is technically $20 cheaper if you convert it.

Last edited by Hapatingjaky : Jul 15, 2019 at 07:14 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 09:14 AM   #223
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Played and finished Metro Exodus. Ran fine at 1440P maxed out w/o RTX. Hovered in the range of 70-90s. Wasn't a problem for a stealth/slow action fps.
Just bought KCD a few days ago. Thus far seems to run in the 70 fps range. Will see how that goes. Given it is a slow sword fighting game, I don't need the 100+ fps.
Of course KCD will run at 70's in peasant console settings.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 09:40 AM   #224
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Quote:

Nice upgrade Nunz.

yoz
Old Jul 15, 2019, 09:47 AM   #225
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
KCD runs like garbage at max. you sure you have the settings turned up? that game would bring my titan xp to its knees .. sub 40 fps

@acroig ty!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 06:15 PM   #226
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yeah Nunz, congrats on the setup.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 08:17 PM   #227
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm super (heh) Into the Division 2 even though DX12 is broken, it's still fun as crap. Seems I will get a 60-65% uplift over my 1080 with a 2080S, so that will make me happy. I don't see Nvidia or AMD releasing anything till March at the earliest, so at least I have ~8 months with a 2080S. Also depends on how intensive Cyberpunk is with RTX, I could just sell my Super and get a 3080. I didn't have a need for a new card honestly, until Division 2.

Anyone rocking a RTX FE? Seems the cooler is solid and I actually love the look.

Thermaltake Core V51
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7Ghz (1.23V)
Wrath Spire HSF w/ MX4 @ 2500RPM
MSI B350 Tomahawk
16GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
4TB WD Red HDD
Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER FE 8GB @ 1650/1935/7751Mhz
Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p @ 144Hz
Razor DeathAdder 6400dpi Mouse
Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 436.15

Coolermaster N200
Intel Core-i3 4170 @ 3.7Ghz
Xigmatek 1283 HSF + Thermaltake CL-F005
MSI H81M-P33
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
500GB WD Blue HDD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
2TB WD Red HDD
Intel HD 4400 350/1150Mhz
Corsair CX600 PSU
Dell 21.5" S2209WB 1080p @ 60Hz
Razor Lachesis 5400dpi Mouse
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 15.36.28.4332

Thermaltake Versa H15
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X @ 3.5Ghz
Wrath Stealth HSF w/ MX4
8GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
1TB WD Blue HDD (OS)
EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB @ 1216/1367/3500MHz
Oculus Rift Touch
Samsung 55" MU6290 HDR 2160p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 388.00

Dell Latitude 5270
Intel Core-i5 6300u @ 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
Intel HD 520 300/1050Mhz
Dell 12.5" 768p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 20.19.15.4390

SSXeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 01:52 PM   #228
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Where's the 2080 Stuper reviews? Or are we going to pull an AMD and not show them till release.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 01:57 PM   #229
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

When has Nvidia allowed reviews prior to a launch date? Card will launch July 23rd, 4 more days as of this time.

You can chomp on this in the meantime, take with a grain of salt until actual reviews on Tuesday.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-NV....427795.0.html
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 03:14 PM   #230
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
When has Nvidia allowed reviews prior to a launch date? Card will launch July 23rd, 4 more days as of this time.

You can chomp on this in the meantime, take with a grain of salt until actual reviews on Tuesday.

Use to be the standard, A week before get reviews to show how great they are and then people buy them, if that article is true looks like no 2080 Stuper for me.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 03:54 PM   #231
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post

The Super was never intended on beating the Ti so perhaps expectations were a little high?

yoz
Old Jul 19, 2019, 03:58 PM   #232
Nascar24

Quote:
The Super was never intended on beating the Ti so perhaps expectations were a little high?
I was never expecting it to beat it, I just wanted it to be closer to maybe 15 percent faster at a decent price point. Still faster then a 1080 Ti but no where close enough to spend over $700 more on an upgrade to it.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 04:43 PM   #233
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I was never expecting it to beat it, I just wanted it to be closer to maybe 15 percent faster at a decent price point. Still faster then a 1080 Ti but no where close enough to spend over $700 more on an upgrade to it.
that would kill the 2080 ti sales

they said at first maybe 5% faster than the 2080

it's the same reason there is no 2080 ti super as it would cut into the 2500 buck rtx titan
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:50 PM   #234
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
that would kill the 2080 ti sales

they said at first maybe 5% faster than the 2080

it's the same reason there is no 2080 ti super as it would cut into the 2500 buck rtx titan
Exactly. 2070 super is the sweet spot for nv.

yoz
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:15 PM   #235
KAC
That postcount though...

2080 S at around 15% less than 2080 Ti is fantastic. With some clocking it maybe as low as 5-8%.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:06 AM   #236
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
2080 S at around 15% less than 2080 Ti is fantastic. With some clocking it maybe as low as 5-8%.
and if the ti is overclocked the 2080 S may lose some
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:28 AM   #237
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Point is though if you can get within 10% of a stock Ti for $500 less, that's a win imho.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 04:04 AM   #238
KAC
That postcount though...

That’s what I meant but we all know bill doesn’t want to use his brains much.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 04:58 AM   #239
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

some people always dream that NVidia is going to give them a "super" deal on the next coming card ………

……. and they never do

…….

these 2080 super's maybe be poor overclockers and or there is no guarantee you will get a good one
Old Jul 20, 2019, 05:38 AM   #240
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yawn