Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 14, 2019, 05:14 PM   #511
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Are you kidding?
You're more than half wilted already and a rabbit has
been nibbling your bum for a decade.
If you make it past that let us know

Wilted lettuce stinks, that explains why nobody comes close to me.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2019, 06:16 PM   #512
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

early days of Steam store sucked as well. I got over that and I am dealing with the crap Epic store now. The big discounts and free games help a lot. As a backer of Shemue 3 it seems I will be playing my copy here now. lol
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:13 PM   #513
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
early days of Steam store sucked as well.
I don't remember the Steam store ever not displaying basic **** like whether a game is singleplayer or what genre it is.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 15, 2019, 03:46 AM   #514
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Having some tech issues - purchased a game but cannot install it. Just sits idle under resume. Cannot uninstall it either. Support was quick to reply, but told me I stumbled upon a technical issue. I am still awaiting a fix.

edit - fyi if you uninstall the launcher it will delete the games on the local drives WITHOUT a warning. hands down the worse launcher i've used. every game i'm trying to install simply ends up in an endless resume loop.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Jun 15, 2019 at 07:41 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 09:17 PM   #515
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
early days of Steam store sucked as well. I got over that and I am dealing with the crap Epic store now. The big discounts and free games help a lot. As a backer of Shemue 3 it seems I will be playing my copy here now. lol
I don't remember Steam sucking this bad. Remember, Steam didn't have a blueprint to follow. Epic didn't have to add anything groundbreaking, but the basics should've at least been covered.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 01:23 AM   #516
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

Agreed, Steam were pioneers. It doesn't matter how basic they were when they launched because nobody knew any better.

Epic have seen how Steam, Uplay, Origin etc have been working for years. They've even had four years of their own limited store front. It might be more forgivable if they were a small indie without the resources but as we've seen they have plenty of cash to throw around. They just need to put some of it into improving the customer experience.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:20 AM   #517
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Flett View Post
Agreed, Steam were pioneers. It doesn't matter how basic they were when they launched because nobody knew any better.

Epic have seen how Steam, Uplay, Origin etc have been working for years. They've even had four years of their own limited store front. It might be more forgivable if they were a small indie without the resources but as we've seen they have plenty of cash to throw around. They just need to put some of it into improving the customer experience.
Come to think of it, EA's Origin had a surprisingly smooth launch. They had a few hiccups, but all in all they had the features and everything set from day one IIRC.

EPIC has no excuse, none whatsoever short of being lazy.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:22 PM   #518
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You guys must have been late to the Steam store game or have rose colored memories. The site crashed a lot in the beginning, some times for very long periods of time. Some times it took awhile for games to activate after purchase. On day one for big releases the servers would flat-line, it was great.

The best was and is Steam would ban or remove a game and not refund the money they charged for it with no word to the customer for days soe times weeks. Awesome.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:25 PM   #519
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I care more about the state of EGS today than the state of Steam a decade ago.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:41 PM   #520
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
You guys must have been late to the Steam store game or have rose colored memories. The site crashed a lot in the beginning, some times for very long periods of time. Some times it took awhile for games to activate after purchase. On day one for big releases the servers would flat-line, it was great.

The best was and is Steam would ban or remove a game and not refund the money they charged for it with no word to the customer for days soe times weeks. Awesome.
So you are suggesting it's ok to recreate history again rather than learn from those mistakes and not have everyone make them individually?
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 01:01 PM   #521
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Seriously, it doesn't make sense to compare Epic to Steam 15 years ago...
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 03:56 PM   #522
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

So Epic just bought Houseparty: https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/12/1...ite-video-chat

I've never used Houseparty but is this going to be their chat/social platform for EGS you think?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 04:10 PM   #523
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
So you are suggesting it's ok to recreate history again rather than learn from those mistakes and not have everyone make them individually?
Did you see that suggestion in any of my posts? Way to project words into another persons post.

People had been saying how Steam had had little to no issues in the beginning compared to Epic and while Epic is sucking, at least I think their store is currently sucking. I am not forgetting that Steam also sucked in the beginning. So I am not going to not use Epic (the evil double negative) now just because they are not as good as Steam is now, I am wiling to give them time, just as I was willing to give Valve time then as they had the games I wanted to play then. Epic has some of the games I want to play now. Such is life.

Seems simple to me, but maybe I do not enjoy drama in my life as much as others.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:47 PM   #524
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Too much internet drama these days. If a gay ass emo nub doesn’t lose it on the internet everyday s/he feels that their life purpose has not been achieved.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 09:05 AM   #525
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Did you see that suggestion in any of my posts? Way to project words into another persons post.

People had been saying how Steam had had little to no issues in the beginning compared to Epic and while Epic is sucking, at least I think their store is currently sucking. I am not forgetting that Steam also sucked in the beginning. So I am not going to not use Epic (the evil double negative) now just because they are not as good as Steam is now, I am wiling to give them time, just as I was willing to give Valve time then as they had the games I wanted to play then. Epic has some of the games I want to play now. Such is life.

Seems simple to me, but maybe I do not enjoy drama in my life as much as others.
The whole point everyone is making is that Steam did have problems, but 10-15 years ago. Epic has been around long enough to see every problem Steam experienced and to come out 10+ years later and not have the same problems (i.e. be better). Yet, they did not. That came out with something that looks like it came from 2005. Granted, they don't seem to have experienced any capacity issues (yet, but they haven't really had a blockbuster exclusive title yet like HL2 was for Steam) but their UI is pathetic for 2019.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 09:09 AM   #526
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

When it comes to these digital platforms all I want is to buy a game, download a game, and to update a game if I choose to update it and not forced. Epic and Gog do great with all if these, Steam horribly fails at not being forced to update.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 08:22 PM   #527
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
When it comes to these digital platforms all I want is to buy a game, download a game, and to update a game if I choose to update it and not forced. Epic and Gog do great with all if these, Steam horribly fails at not being forced to update.
I'd like to be able to read reviews, peruse the storefront's forums, at least get some idea of what the game is about. Epic has none of this, in 2019.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 08:41 PM   #528
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizbuka View Post
I'd like to be able to read reviews, peruse the storefront's forums, at least get some idea of what the game is about. Epic has none of this, in 2019.
Amazingly, some people don't care about those things.

A mentality that seems to be common is to buy the game to find out about it, and if you don't like it, get a refund (e.g. you were hoping for a single player game and it's MP only, or vice-versa).

I'd normally blame millennials for cultivating/supporting basic, information-barren storefronts, but Eisberg is not quite a millennial.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:12 PM   #529
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Amazingly, some people don't care about those things.

A mentality that seems to be common is to buy the game to find out about it, and if you don't like it, get a refund (e.g. you were hoping for a single player game and it's MP only, or vice-versa).

I'd normally blame millennials for cultivating/supporting basic, information-barren storefronts, but Eisberg is not quite a millennial.
I've quit using Steam reviews and forums to figure out if I want to buy a game like some years ago, I found other anonymous people's opinion when I really don't have a base line to understanding their likes and dislikes to not be very helpful at all. Though I have found some youtubers/twitchers by looking through their content to figure out their general likes and dislikes that I have found to be very helpful.
Quote:
Old Jun 19, 2019, 08:27 AM   #530
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Yeah, that's all you want right? BS. You constantly go at Steam for the "discovery" section not giving you good suggestions, a feature that works just fine for most users. Damn bro, you come up with a new excuse for the Epic store sucking every post. I don't understand why you guys think going after Steam's short-comings (and there are plenty) somehow makes up for Epic not having features that have existed for years. Beyond that, I really don't know when this Steam-hate-bandwagon thing started. It makes zero sense. It was/is a pioneer of the digital store platform and does so many things right. New stores like the one Epic released come out with features that the Steam store has had for years, but somehow Valve/steam is painted as the bad guy.

Makes absolutely zero sense.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2019, 08:51 AM   #531
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Blame the devs for not being able to use features steam has in order to enable rolling back.

You take a look at anything Nixxes has ported since around Deus Ex Human Revolution for example. Swing on over to the beta section to find previous (stable) builds of games they release. Sure it isn't labeled as a rollback feature but it sure is being used as one if you so desire.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:54 AM   #532
zcaa0g

zcaa0g is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

You will also be trying to find the game if you have 1300+ games in the Epic Store like I have in Steam. That would be a cluster to scroll through without being able to organize into actual genres.
zcaa0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2019, 02:30 PM   #533
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Yeah, that's all you want right? BS. You constantly go at Steam for the "discovery" section not giving you good suggestions, a feature that works just fine for most users. Damn bro, you come up with a new excuse for the Epic store sucking every post. I don't understand why you guys think going after Steam's short-comings (and there are plenty) somehow makes up for Epic not having features that have existed for years. Beyond that, I really don't know when this Steam-hate-bandwagon thing started. It makes zero sense. It was/is a pioneer of the digital store platform and does so many things right. New stores like the one Epic released come out with features that the Steam store has had for years, but somehow Valve/steam is painted as the bad guy.

Makes absolutely zero sense.
Finding a game is a part of the buying process.

It isn't steam hate, but more of feeling that Steam has become useless and too restrictive over the years and the only reason to use it is for the games that are only available on Steam.
Quote:
Old Jun 19, 2019, 02:35 PM   #534
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
Blame the devs for not being able to use features steam has in order to enable rolling back.

You take a look at anything Nixxes has ported since around Deus Ex Human Revolution for example. Swing on over to the beta section to find previous (stable) builds of games they release. Sure it isn't labeled as a rollback feature but it sure is being used as one if you so desire.
I blame Valve for not having a do not update option, instead they have 3 options of forced updates. People say Valve is supportive of mods , but really they half assed it by forcing updates. People who like to use mods don't want their game updated till the mods they play are updated first, but Valve forces updates which breaks mods and basically make the game unplayable for those who want to play the game with the mods.
Quote:
Old Jun 19, 2019, 09:13 PM   #535
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

What? You can set steam to not update individual games. When i set it, it doesnt update them at all.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:58 AM   #536
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
What? You can set steam to not update individual games. When i set it, it doesnt update them at all.
Until you decide to play the game and then it will force you to update.

There are only 3 option, which are basically:

Automatically update
Update when you go to play the game
Give priority to this game to update first
Quote:
Old Jun 20, 2019, 02:00 AM   #537
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Back and forth with their support staff. Still cannot play games that I have already paid for. The damn launcher does not show-up in any lists to allow it to be uninstalled . Even 3rd party uninstallers will not detect the launcher.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2019, 06:24 AM   #538
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Back and forth with their support staff. Still cannot play games that I have already paid for. The damn launcher does not show-up in any lists to allow it to be uninstalled . Even 3rd party uninstallers will not detect the launcher.
Epic Games Launcher? Shows up for me in Programs and Features.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:01 PM   #539
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

I have had zero issues with Epic Launcher, I could just be lucky though.
Also Rebel Galaxy now free on EGS.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:36 PM   #540
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
I have had zero issues with Epic Launcher, I could just be lucky though.
Also Rebel Galaxy now free on EGS.
The only thing I dislike about the EGS is that two of the three games I play (WWZ & Dauntless) will not connect online if I run them as non-Steam games through Steam. I've had to use GloSC (Global Steam Controller) to run these the way I want. It works, but it's kinda messy and somewhat inconvenient.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote