Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 28, 2018, 06:55 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Dying Light is excellent. But yes it takes a while to get into it. Worth it. Look forward to the new one
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:57 AM   #32
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Also delayed 2020

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2019, 03:13 AM   #33
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

**** yes!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 13, 2019, 01:52 AM   #34
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Gameplay below......looks a little post apocalyptic.

Looks like Fallout.

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2019, 05:43 AM   #35
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

8:06 was good

ign needs more spiderman ads
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:48 AM   #36
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I still didn’t progress in the first game. Guess I am never getting this one.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2019, 07:50 AM   #37
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I still didn’t progress in the first game. Guess I am never getting this one.
It's a great game. I highly recommend finishing it.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:44 PM   #38
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
It's a great game. I highly recommend finishing it.
+1

except for me the ending was horrible from what I recall... everything up until the ending was great...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2019, 03:25 PM   #39
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I hated having to constantly repair and find new weapons, then they break, then you have to repair, etc. I didn't really care for the "run from everything or you die" mechanic. Found it rather boring...even said, I put about 10 hours into it trying to like it but I eventually got bored and stopped. Even gave Co-op a shot, still nada.

Guess it's just not my type of game.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 02:51 AM   #40
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I didn't enjoy the fast-zed's that came every time you fired a weapon. Lol, what were they doing in the world before you fired a weapon

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 03:08 AM   #41
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I hated having to constantly repair and find new weapons, then they break, then you have to repair, etc. I didn't really care for the "run from everything or you die" mechanic. Found it rather boring...even said, I put about 10 hours into it trying to like it but I eventually got bored and stopped. Even gave Co-op a shot, still nada.

Guess it's just not my type of game.
if you got 10 hours in and still had to scrounge for weapons that broke constantly, im not entirely sure where you went wrong. By that time weapons should last hours, and you should both be finding special ones and crafting them into fun zombie killing ****.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 08:41 PM   #42
Megaman
Packing heat!

Confirmed... DL 2 is a cross generation title and Ray tracing support (lighting effects) is being considered.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 08:54 PM   #43
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Cross gen title? PS5 and Xbox Two?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 08:59 PM   #44
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Cross gen title? PS5 and Xbox Two?
Yes
Old Aug 14, 2019, 08:06 PM   #45
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Aug 26, 2019, 07:12 PM   #46
Megaman
Packing heat!

Also @ 5:49 looks like a bit of Ray Tracing reflections
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:49 AM   #47
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looking good, may even pick this up day 1. What’s with all the ray tracing that appears to be another FPS killer with little gain going on for every one or is this ePenile extensions for those with new cards only ?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:11 PM   #48
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Looking good, may even pick this up day 1. What’s with all the ray tracing that appears to be another FPS killer with little gain going on for every one or is this ePenile extensions for those with new cards only ?
Awah? It's the single biggest graphical quality jump in a LONG time... probably since dynamic anything or anti aliasing.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:31 AM   #49
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Awah? It's the single biggest graphical quality jump in a LONG time... probably since dynamic anything or anti aliasing.
Well for an average gamer such as myself it’s yet to grab or convince me to think about a card upgrade like other leaps I have experienced. Maybe it will when I see THE killer game I must have it for...

Edit: doing some more googles then it appears to be nvdia centric at the moment is that right ? Lots of articles saying ati/amd not supporting right now maybe 2020. If so then it’s not mainstream enough for me to care similar to the hairworks nvidia thing. Probably the wrong thread for this discussion so will stop now.

Last edited by Thr0tt : Aug 29, 2019 at 03:56 AM.
Thr0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2019, 06:04 AM   #50
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Technologically, it's the single biggest leap since probably games went 3D.
Nothing else comes close; not hardware T&L, not dynamic lighting, not bumpmapping and definitely not antialiasing.

But graphically, it's more of a hop because devs have gotten so good at using tricks to create fake lighting.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2019, 09:01 AM   #51
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilsingh View Post
Technologically, it's the single biggest leap since probably games went 3D.
Nothing else comes close; not hardware T&L, not dynamic lighting, not bumpmapping and definitely not antialiasing.

But graphically, it's more of a hop because devs have gotten so good at using tricks to create fake lighting.
ish. if they had taken the right route and gone voxels from the start, instead of just faking it with sprites and the like, then it would probably have come in more naturally along side voxels. also ray tracing has been around for a long time, even since 3d was chosen as the leading pathway for visuals, so actually using it in games is more of the graphical and visual side i was meaning. In that snse its definitely still one of the most important, but it's not as fantastic a step as it once would have been.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 08:06 PM   #52
Megaman
Packing heat!

It is said that this will be 4 times larger than of DL's maps (including DLC).

Dis gana be huuuuge!
Old Sep 9, 2019, 08:58 PM   #53
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

i dont really think thats a goode thing for this game unless we get the vehicles back. the map sizes in the base game were perfect fits.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 08:09 AM   #54
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Pretty sure you can drive vehicles because the recent gameplay video shows you can either kill the driver of a truck and drive to destination, or intimidate the driver to take you there.

That being said, I'd take any x times larger claims with a grain of salt. Like they can refer to metric units or miles, but those units or miles can be represented differently in game. 4 times larger sounds cool but may really be only 1.5 times larger. If it takes say 10 minutes to walk from one side of the map to the other, 4 times larger, with the units and pace being equal, should take 40 minutes to walk. But that's never the case in "x times larger" than the previous game cases,
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:40 AM   #55
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
i dont really think thats a goode thing for this game unless we get the vehicles back. the map sizes in the base game were perfect fits.
Expansion was also pretty large and you could drive. Plus they had driving in Dead Island so I can't see why not.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote