Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:04 PM   #1381
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2019, 07:29 AM   #1382
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Solid brewery I found in Houston

Old Mar 8, 2019, 08:17 PM   #1383
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Craft brewed is really the best!
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 8, 2019, 09:28 PM   #1384
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 04:45 AM   #1385
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Thumbs up

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:30 AM   #1386
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Silent, that looks really interesting.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 04:01 AM   #1387
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Yeah, it's a bit sweet, not too much and it smells and tastes absolute incredible

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 02:37 PM   #1388
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Makers's 46.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 02:52 PM   #1389
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Two complete stunners.

Old Mar 17, 2019, 08:22 PM   #1390
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I can confidently say I am 100% back to normal with whiskey after my binge I had a month or two ago. Thank God.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Mar 17, 2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 08:59 PM   #1391
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Angels is the best I've ever tried. Sooo smooth.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2019, 09:00 PM   #1392
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Yeah it's really good, especially for people getting into whiskey.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 09:35 PM   #1393
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Slainte.

Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:11 PM   #1394
ice
Rage3D Spammer

switch, you mentioned before to let you know when I wanted to try my first scotch, what would you reccomend? I got a 50mL sample of Glenlivet 12 and it was drastically different than any bourbon I've ever had, lots of prunes and brine and I actually enjoyed it once I got a bit used to it. Should I just buy all the samples I can before getting a full bottle? Wondering if I should find a Speyside since they're usually on the sweeter side, not sure how I'd like a peaty scotch, but the smokiness might be appealing so maybe a Highland would also work. Probably staying away from Islays are awhile. It won't be for awhile I'm sure since A.) I have no job and B.) I have no room on my rack, but when the time comes I have no issue spending $100 for my first bottle.

EDIT: Went back to your post and you said Balvenie... Which one of these available choices?

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.c...ce:&pageSize:&

Bah, price wise only three would work and of those three, only these are actually near me:

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.c...ord%3dbalvenie

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.c...ord%3dBalvenie

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Mar 17, 2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:55 PM   #1395
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
switch, you mentioned before to let you know when I wanted to try my first scotch, what would you reccomend? I got a 50mL sample of Glenlivet 12 and it was drastically different than any bourbon I've ever had, lots of prunes and brine and I actually enjoyed it once I got a bit used to it. Should I just buy all the samples I can before getting a full bottle? Wondering if I should find a Speyside since they're usually on the sweeter side, not sure how I'd like a peaty scotch, but the smokiness might be appealing so maybe a Highland would also work. Probably staying away from Islays are awhile. It won't be for awhile I'm sure since A.) I have no job and B.) I have no room on my rack, but when the time comes I have no issue spending $100 for my first bottle.

EDIT: Went back to your post and you said Balvenie... Which one of these available choices?

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.c...ce:&pageSize:&

Bah, price wise only three would work and of those three, only these are actually near me:

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.c...ord%3dbalvenie

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.c...ord%3dBalvenie
Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 yo, get a proper bottle -- you will not be disappointed -- is a great starter for you. Stick with Speyside for now -- best place to start with single malts. Took me a couple years to get into peaty/smokey stuff but still prefer my speys. Careful though, you will soon forget about your love for Bourbon Single malts are a thing for a reason ha.

I have been all over this area -- I spent a solid week trying to hit as many distilleries as I could.

Here is a pic of the Balvenie castle I took last year

Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:00 PM   #1396
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Badass

Also, sigh. I am already excited to get it. Probably won't be able to wait that long.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 08:45 PM   #1397
ice
Rage3D Spammer

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 04:03 PM   #1398
ice
Rage3D Spammer

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 04:50 PM   #1399
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Yep, couldn't wait since that job will likely never get back to me. Needed something to boost my morale a bit.

Will be back with thoughts. So far the nose is good, can smell the rum influence.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 09:30 PM   #1400
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Basil Hayden's 10 year.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old May 10, 2019, 07:56 PM   #1401
ice
Rage3D Spammer

First week down at my new job, decided to celebrate with a new bourbon.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old May 10, 2019, 08:23 PM   #1402
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

A waitress at a barbecue joint in Louisville asked me what I like to drink other than bourbon. When I answered single malt, she recommended Rowan's Creek. She was so right. Can't always find it, it's small batch, but it's so good.
Even more surprising was discovering Journeyman Rye Whiskey. Never thought I'd enjoy Rye but damn that's good stuff.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 09:17 PM   #1403
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengin View Post
A waitress at a barbecue joint in Louisville asked me what I like to drink other than bourbon. When I answered single malt, she recommended Rowan's Creek. She was so right. Can't always find it, it's small batch, but it's so good.
Even more surprising was discovering Journeyman Rye Whiskey. Never thought I'd enjoy Rye but damn that's good stuff.
I've seen that recommended to one of the higher proof bourbons I have if I wanted something a little more mellow. I'll never find it here though.

I will say, this Elijah Craig Barrel Proof is special stuff. At almost 70% alcohol, there is very little alcohol burn and it is very drinkable. Even my mom and dad who don't drink whiskey both said they were expecting it to bite way more than it did. It's all I've been drinking since I got it.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old May 18, 2019, 02:44 AM   #1404
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Man, you kids have all the cool toys. The craft brew thing was just getting going about the time I quit drinking, and there was none of this plethora of top-shelf bourbon. When did that start?
Old May 31, 2019, 08:54 PM   #1405
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Another hard to find whiskey lately.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 08:14 PM   #1406
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

It's finally gin and tonic weather, but after three I think that half and half isn't the right ratio.

I did add a lemon wedge to each, so does that make it healthy?

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:53 PM   #1408
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Well, this was my current collection:

Then I got this tonight:

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:23 AM   #1409
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Oh dear lord, Booker's gave me by far the worst hangover of my life. More than once.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2019, 05:45 AM   #1410
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Posting from a hotel room on the other side of the world.

Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote