Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 29, 2019, 02:42 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I never finished BL1. While I enjoyed some of the game mechanics, the bullet sponge enemies were as major turn off. Upgrading gear didn't seem to help me. It was probably just me. I'm sure I missed out on something epic by quitting half-way through, but I just couldn't stay interested.
Same here. The story and quests didn't keep me interested and everything scaled up as you leveled up your loot. They advertise a ton of guns, but they are all pretty much the same other than a different design with enemies that get more hit points. It got repetitive fairly quickly.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2019, 04:16 PM   #32
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
Same here. The story and quests didn't keep me interested and everything scaled up as you leveled up your loot. They advertise a ton of guns, but they are all pretty much the same other than a different design with enemies that get more hit points. It got repetitive fairly quickly.
This.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2019, 05:27 PM   #33
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I liked the physx slime, lava, slag and water

I dont think the game needs a visual change but something to upgrade its visuals. There is a very distinct difference in visuals between 1 and 2 that doesnt change art style. They need to do whatever they did between those games to 2 and 3.
I'm not saying physx itself is bad. I'm saying both that Havok is better, and that nvidia is bad. Not only did implementation of physx get far worse after nvidia bought it, but it's pressence in game did also. It wasn't until batman that we had something amazing from it. Even mafia 2 was actually lackluster, and it was hyped to ****. There was some cool **** in star wars though, but again havok had already done it better anyway...

You have two products. One is better than the other in almost every way, but the guy selling the inferior one is standing directly in your face screaming here's 20 bucks, buy my 25 dollar product now, or you suck dick. While the other guy selling the better product is just sitting behind a bench quietly working on making gold into more gold.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 29, 2019, 06:44 PM   #34
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I never finished BL1. While I enjoyed some of the game mechanics, the bullet sponge enemies were as major turn off. Upgrading gear didn't seem to help me. It was probably just me. I'm sure I missed out on something epic by quitting half-way through, but I just couldn't stay interested.
I'm thinking the people who are complaining about "bullet sponge" enemies are missing the point and didn't realize the game wasn't a true FPS or even meant to be. It's an FPS/RPG hybrid, and in RPG games you (usually) don't just one shot enemies.

This will be a day one purchase for me!

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2019, 06:52 PM   #35
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I'm thinking the people who are complaining about "bullet sponge" enemies are missing the point and didn't realize the game wasn't a true FPS or even meant to be. It's an FPS/RPG hybrid, and in RPG games you (usually) don't just one shot enemies.

This will be a day one purchase for me!
Not true at all. Most arpgs have you killing things at a comfortable pace, and then when you gear up for end game, the end game should be one hitting trash mobs, slowing down for rare mobs, and having serious fights with bosses.

I like borderlands, and enjoyed number 2 a lot. It did however do a bad job at killing time of enemies.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 07:34 PM   #36
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Not true at all. Most arpgs have you killing things at a comfortable pace, and then when you gear up for end game, the end game should be one hitting trash mobs, slowing down for rare mobs, and having serious fights with bosses.

I like borderlands, and enjoyed number 2 a lot. It did however do a bad job at killing time of enemies.
"Comfortable pace" is subjective as I never considered any enemies in the borderlands games to be anything close to bullet sponges EXCEPT for some bosses and of course elite enemies (but they were supposed to be tougher). Tougher enemies ALWAYS take more hits to kill in every ARPG I've ever played, so the point stands.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Mar 29, 2019, 08:01 PM   #37
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

deadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydeadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
I completely understand if the game mechanics and/or story didn't interest you. It is definitely a repetitive game, and Gearbox often has a hard time knowing when to stop when it comes to waves of enemies and/or mobs. But enemies and missions don't scale to your level until after you've completed the game a second time. Certain areas are leveled higher than others, but you can easily outpace the main storyline by tackling side missions, same as most standard RPGs.

:: HDTV
Samsung Q8FN (4K QLED, 65") :: A/V Onkyo TX-RZ830 ::
:: UHD
Sony UBP-X700 :: BD Oppo BDP-83 :: CD Onkyo DX-C390 ::
:: PHONO
Technics SL-1200MK2 :: GAME Xbox One X + PS4 Pro ::
:: FRONT
JBL SCS300SAT + FS1000 :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: CENTER
JBL EC35 (Black Ash) :: LFE HSU Research VTF-2 MK5 ::
:: SURROUND L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: SURR BACK L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-1 ::

:: CPU
Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz) :: MB ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming ::
:: BIOS
1704 :: AIO Corsair H115i PRO + (2x) Noctua NF-A14 chromax ::
:: DDR4
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3000MHz (15-17-17-35) ::
:: GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition :: LCD Acer Predator XB241H ::
:: AUDIO
ROG SupremeFX (S1220A) :: SPEAKERS Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ::
:: OS
Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903) :: NVME Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (512GB) ::
:: SSD
(1x) Samsung 850 PRO (512GB) + (3x) 850 EVO (1TB/1TB/1TB) ::
:: INPUT
Logitech G413 Silver + G MX518 + Xbox One Controller (wireless) ::
:: PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 + CableMod Pro series (black/white) ::
:: CASE
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (silver, DEMCiflex intake filters) ::
:: FANS
(2x) Noctua NF-P14s redux + (1x) NF-P14r redux ::
deadite_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2019, 03:48 PM   #38
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Unless it's a really bad April Fools joke, there's word that B3 will be yet another Epic Games Store exclusive on September 13th.

Quote:
Deleted Borderlands 3 tweets say it's coming to the Epic store on September 13

https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-...ase-date-leak/

Old Apr 1, 2019, 04:17 PM   #39
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I would not take anything tweeted/posted etc... seriously on the one day of the year where everything is a joke. Always write off April 1st!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2019, 05:54 PM   #40
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

lol, nothing surprises me anymore.

Also, just saw someone on Twitch mention that it's a 6 month exclusive and they did it for Console crossplay. Take that with a grain of salt, but I'm just thinking absolute garbage timing for their announcement.

And another to the will not buy pile for me.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2019, 07:05 PM   #41
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I would not take anything tweeted/posted etc... seriously on the one day of the year where everything is a joke. Always write off April 1st!
There's that, but;

Quote:
It could be a bit of April Fool's misdirection, but dropping an incorrect release date through official channels really isn't funny, it's just an awful marketing move.
It would be a bad marketing move, and why delete it quickly? Me thinks this one is true. The release date may change, but it will be an epic store exclusive.

Old Apr 1, 2019, 07:41 PM   #42
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Just cause its on epic, doesnt mean its exclusive.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 08:32 AM   #43
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Just cause its on epic, doesnt mean its exclusive.
Epic doesn't have a reputation for sharing AAA games...

Guess we'll find out one way or another sometime this year. I still have yet to buy anything on the epic games store.

Old Apr 2, 2019, 06:06 PM   #44
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The Borederlands community are going crazy over the Epic thing.

By the time it comes out, Epic store will probably have cloud saves, reviews, game tracking and a whole bunch more. They've planned most of it for this year.

Give it 12 months and people will be saying that the EGS is decent.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:23 PM   #45
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

By the time it comes out, Epic store will probably have cloud saves, reviews, game tracking and a whole bunch more. They've planned most of it for this year.

Probably more to do with the fact that the devs made insult jokes about the epic store and more or less said they were not going that route in their presentation.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:28 AM   #46
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Epic store also likely means no native Linux release this time.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 03:14 AM   #47
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

this leaked advert pretty much confirms Epic

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 09:02 AM   #48
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Confirmed; Epic store exclusive until April 2020.

Quote:
Borderlands 3 PC is releasing exclusively on the Epic Store in September

https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-...-in-september/

Old Apr 3, 2019, 09:03 AM   #49
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So, RDR 2 is next then?

Take 2 seems to be going all in on epic game store.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 09:05 AM   #50
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So, RDR 2 is next then?

Take 2 seems to be going all in on epic game store.

Shiiiiiiiiiit. If they can get RDR2 on PC they can have my business. I'll probably pick up BL3. They better work on locking up multiplayer unlike BL2 cause people will pirate if they dont.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:57 AM   #51
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

lol, gearbox must be piiiiissed. They almost flat out ripped off epic in their borderlands presentation, and now they are working with them.. haha oh man.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:06 AM   #52
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
lol, gearbox must be piiiiissed. They almost flat out ripped off epic in their borderlands presentation, and now they are working with them.. haha oh man.
Moar liek Randy was getting blown under the podium by epic while he make a jerk off motion to the crowd slaggin em off. Randy is a dirty boy who likes getting peed on you should expect this.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 01:39 PM   #53
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Confirmed; Epic store exclusive until April 2020.
Hahaha I even called that one on their youtube reveal video hahahhaha.

Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 01:51 PM   #54
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Anything using the unreal engine is not safe from Epic exclusive. The potential to keep more money in the pockets of publishers is too tempting not to.

As more and more games get released on the Epic store and Publishers see that the store front wont hinder game sales the Epic store will get bigger.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 04:36 PM   #55
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Anything using the unreal engine is not safe from Epic exclusive. The potential to keep more money in the pockets of publishers is too tempting not to.

As more and more games get released on the Epic store and Publishers see that the store front wont hinder game sales the Epic store will get bigger.
I don't blame them, they get the price of the engine free along with Epic basically fronting them Fortnite money for "guaranteed" sales. It's a good deal for them as much as it shafts consumers.

I still think exclusivity is shitty beyond reason and I'm bummed there's gonna be a lot of games I won't be able to play unless I don the Black Flag again or buy it on console as I have no intention of making an Epic account. I dealt with too much crap back in the WoW hype days with people trying to get access to my Blizzard account and don't feel like doing that again just because the account is linked to Fortnite whether you want it to be or not.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 04:42 PM   #56
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

This is a tough one for me. Love the games and want BL3 badly, but I also want the full experience (which includes all the stuff on Steam that Epic doesn't have: Achievements, cards, backgrounds, badges, forums, screenshot-sharing). But having to wait for 2020 for that also sucks.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 05:30 PM   #57
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
This is a tough one for me. Love the games and want BL3 badly, but I also want the full experience (which includes all the stuff on Steam that Epic doesn't have: Achievements, cards, backgrounds, badges, forums, screenshot-sharing). But having to wait for 2020 for that also sucks.
I might just wait for the GOTY version on steam.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 05:34 PM   #58
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

Epic store could give me a handy while I'm playing, I'm still not interested in installing ANOTHER front end. Enough already!!!!!!
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2019, 06:58 PM   #59
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Still don’t care who sells it, just disappointed it isn’t $10 cheaper like metro was.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2019, 06:46 AM   #60
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
I don't blame them, they get the price of the engine free along with Epic basically fronting them Fortnite money for "guaranteed" sales. It's a good deal for them as much as it shafts consumers.

I still think exclusivity is shitty beyond reason and I'm bummed there's gonna be a lot of games I won't be able to play unless I don the Black Flag again or buy it on console as I have no intention of making an Epic account. I dealt with too much crap back in the WoW hype days with people trying to get access to my Blizzard account and don't feel like doing that again just because the account is linked to Fortnite whether you want it to be or not.
How does it exactly shaft the customer? Are games more expensive on EGS?
The only problem is that the Epic store sucks right now, as did Steam back in the day.

I don't see Epic exclusives going away, and it's not unethical business practice either.
It's just sound business; this is what it takes to drag away market share from an already established store like Steam.

Way I see it, it's 100% Steam's fault for not standing up to this blatant call to arms.
Steam is doing nothing to dissuade Epic exclusives, not a thing.

And it's going to bite them in the ass down the line. Epic's store won't always suck and that is Steam's only position in the eyes of the consumer.

There's also the "too many front-ends" argument but let's be honest - Blizzard, Ubisoft, Microsoft and EA already require their own launchers (3/4 of those are already completely exclusive from Steam).
Why should Epic also not want a piece of the pie?

I don't think anyone hates launchers more than me, I absolutely abhor being forced to install new storefronts that require being run in the background.
But it's not going to change, it's the nature of the beast that is Digital Distribution.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote