Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 26, 2019, 09:06 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
While your son is a trooper and it’s amazing, you know what else is really impressive?

You and your wife keeping it together so that he can be in an environment that allows him to be positive, and helps him stay distracted from what’s going on. Way to be a great father, and you deserve a pat on the back for everything you’ve done so far (and will continue to do) going through this crap. Seriously man, it takes a real man to hold it together, still get your ass to work and deal with the regular BS of life when you have something like this going on.

Props to you my brother
Indeed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:37 AM   #182
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
While your son is a trooper and it’s amazing, you know what else is really impressive?

You and your wife keeping it together so that he can be in an environment that allows him to be positive, and helps him stay distracted from what’s going on. Way to be a great father, and you deserve a pat on the back for everything you’ve done so far (and will continue to do) going through this crap. Seriously man, it takes a real man to hold it together, still get your ass to work and deal with the regular BS of life when you have something like this going on.

Props to you my brother
Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Indeed.
Thanks guys. That means the world to me.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:25 PM   #183
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Kain...you sonofabitch.

*raids cookie jar*

$501.... .

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:27 PM   #184
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
I get paid Monday or Tuesday I'll be glad to contribute then. Glad things are going as well as can be expected. Praying for you guys.
Awesome contrib man, thanks.

Come on Rage, let's show the Martins they can count on us!

yoz
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:50 PM   #185
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thank you. Kain, Cyko, acroig, kytprice, Nunz, methimpikehoses, dodger, lazy8s, SubCog, and anyone else I may have missed or who donated anonymously. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Even if you were only able to provide moral support, thank you. I love you guys.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:39 AM   #186
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Awesome contrib man, thanks.

Come on Rage, let's show the Martins they can count on us!
What’s going on? Link?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2019, 07:59 AM   #187
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What’s going on? Link?
Look at the thread title. Read the OP.

Bruh ...
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:51 PM   #188
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
$501.... .

I know I know, petty oneupsmanship...but it’s for a good cause

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:57 PM   #189
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
What’s going on? Link?
First page, first post. Link is at the end.

If you donate $502 I’ll rip your sack out through your throat

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Jan 28, 2019, 05:36 AM   #190
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Ain’t got that anymore. Will support as best that I can.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 07:20 AM   #191
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Ain’t got that anymore. Will support as best that I can.
You scared me for a sec. Had to check. It's still there. It's here now too.

https://www.gofundme.com/kp9bw-help-brendan-beat-cancer

Again, donations are greatly appreciated but moral support and encouragement is equally needed.

My son goes back to the hospital on the 11th for another 5 day stay. I'm eager to get some more tests done to see if the lymph node has gone down and the cancer markers are still normal. I also want to see where his white blood cell count is at. It sucks having to be extra careful about bacteria and viruses because his immune system is starting to tank. Plus he has "chemo brain". It's affecting his processing and thinking ability. F-U chemo. And F-U cancer.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 07:52 AM   #192
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

We'll be pitching in some more a little later in the week Munkus, it isn't much but better than nothing. As always the daily prayers and hope are a given. Your son has a the best support system a guy could ask for. You'll all beat this together.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 08:53 AM   #193
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
I know I know, petty oneupsmanship...but it’s for a good cause
Indeed, let me see if next month I can up my contrib to $502.

yoz
Old Jan 28, 2019, 08:54 AM   #194
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
F-U cancer.
Hell yes but you know he'll beat it!

yoz
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:57 PM   #195
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
My son goes back to the hospital on the 11th for another 5 day stay. I'm eager to get some more tests done to see if the lymph node has gone down and the cancer markers are still normal. I also want to see where his white blood cell count is at. It sucks having to be extra careful about bacteria and viruses because his immune system is starting to tank. Plus he has "chemo brain". It's affecting his processing and thinking ability. F-U chemo. And F-U cancer.
It will indeed be interesting to see what the new test results show. And I am sorry to hear that your son is having a hard time.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2019, 01:40 PM   #196
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Hell yes but you know he'll beat it!
I'm positive he can, but chemo has some serious side effects on his brain and lungs that we need to monitor closely. He has dreams of getting into Army special forces, but if his lungs are damaged too much he might be disqualified. There are ways around and through this, provided we catch and address it early.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 02:29 PM   #197
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I'm positive he can, but chemo has some serious side effects on his brain and lungs that we need to monitor closely. He has dreams of getting into Army special forces, but if his lungs are damaged too much he might be disqualified. There are ways around and through this, provided we catch and address it early.
Dreams grow and change. As long as he beats it and is still around that's all that truly matters in my book.

yoz
Old Jan 28, 2019, 02:30 PM   #198
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Dreams grow and change. As long as he beats it and is still around that's all that truly matters in my book.
Yep! He's learning that the hard way.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 03:24 PM   #199
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
true dat... when I was young I thought I could rule the universe... hmm, maybe its not too late, I dunno...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2019, 04:20 PM   #200
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Yep! He's learning that the hard way.
You never know, he might have a military career after all. At 18 I wanted to be a fighter pilot but my eyesight prevented that. Went on to something else but I still dream of being Maverick.

yoz
Old Jan 28, 2019, 04:20 PM   #201
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
true dat... when I was young I thought I could rule the universe... hmm, maybe its not too late, I dunno...
It's never too late to rule the universe!

yoz
Old Jan 28, 2019, 05:36 PM   #202
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Fortunately, we still do make new cells in a lot of our bodies so he will recover with care,
healthy eating and also good vibes.

I only have second hand experience with chemo but the fact food tastes like crap
is depressing.
Make sure you have a nice play list of vids he likes, there are a lot of Penn & Teller
full episode on the tube, that sure helps if he likes magic, as an example.

If I can make a suggestion, Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Zinn will help.
More of a lifestyle and meditation book to help cope.

I just hope in his heart that he understand this is a serious but recoverable speed bump.
You can get frustrated if recovery seems out of reach for a while but I am sure he is getting the support he needs.

Best of luck to your family.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2019, 05:38 PM   #203
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Munkus, have you considered lining up a psychologist or another type of therapist for your son? He is going through a traumatic experience and might benefit from some special attention to his mental health. Perhaps the hospital or a cancer organization could recommend someone.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 08:42 PM   #204
KAC
KAC

Best of luck to you and family. I can’t even imagine how anyone goes through such hardships. Hopefully you and family will get out of it soon and Brendan will be healthy and on his feet ASAP.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 08:47 PM   #205
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Quote:
He has dreams of getting into Army special forces
As a former special operations member in 2 different services - we should talk offline about that dream. Not to dissuade him from it, but to make sure the kinds of missions that particular “type” of team undertakes. I can also give generic physical /mental training tips for whatever branch/unit he decides to go for (worked alongside pretty much everyone except SFOD-D).

Alpha

Omega

Old Jan 28, 2019, 08:48 PM   #206
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Munkus, have you considered lining up a psychologist or another type of therapist for your son? He is going through a traumatic experience and might benefit from some special attention to his mental health. Perhaps the hospital or a cancer organization could recommend someone.
If you're saying this in regards to Munkus mentioning Chemo-brain; that's isn't something a therapist can help with. The chemotherapy tends to affect memory and stuff while it's in your system. My mom jokes about that a lot lol
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2019, 09:20 PM   #207
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Quote:
If you're saying this in regards to Munkus mentioning Chemo-brain; that's isn't something a therapist can help with. The chemotherapy tends to affect memory and stuff while it's in your system. My mom jokes about that a lot lol
I mentioned therapy in regards to Brendan's career dreams, as well as the traumatic and life-altering nature of the cancer experience.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's cancer. She and you must be going through hell on earth because of it.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 02:55 AM   #208
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Of course it will affect his psyche, but don't underestimate the effects on the whole family. If you go the therapy-route, then better include all family members.

Best of luck, Munkus. With all the support he gets i'm sure he'll pull through. Wishing you and your family the strenght to get through this terrifying time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2019, 09:56 AM   #209
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Of course it will affect his psyche, but don't underestimate the effects on the whole family. If you go the therapy-route, then better include all family members.
That's a really good point.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 03:47 PM   #210
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

My son felt well enough today to beat my wife at Catan.

#StayingPositive