Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 12, 2018, 03:47 PM   #991
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yea WiiU vibe is coming on, Is it still selling well? Really haven't paid to close attention in recent months as I have barely turned it on.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 05:08 PM   #992
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Yea WiiU vibe is coming on, Is it still selling well? Really haven't paid to close attention in recent months as I have barely turned it on.
I think its still selling. There's always slowdowns during droughts.

The Wii-U had nothing between major releases. There was also barely anything on the horizon after the 1 major release per half year, so theres nothing to look forward to. a few indie titles and that was it. 3rd party titles didn't even exist after the first year or two, they just vanished. When they were there they were like 1+ year old ports that wasn't even worth buying a second copy of (no new exclusive content, and some of them ran worse than the PS360 versions).

Switch this time around has a handful of third party titles (and they're of the more popular games too, and not just year old ports), quite a few indie titles of various genres (like RPG's and side scrollers), and it already outsold the Wii-U.

Theres Amiibo and LABO but those don't really sustain any momentum (LABO seems useless after the initial wow factor, and Amiibo...appeals more or less to those who likes to collect the figurines)

Its got a lot more going for it, hopefully it has shown enough for devs to jump on board.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:09 PM   #993
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Its still selling, EA predict. It to be at 30mil soon. With pokemon out in November with a pokeball + accessory that works for. The Rpg and Go. Its going to sell a **** ton at Christmas.

I mean you can't really listen to the rage3d bubble, you guys predicted this console was dead on arrival and it's selling better than xbox one and almost as good as ps4.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 13, 2018, 01:08 AM   #994
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Its still selling, EA predict. It to be at 30mil soon. With pokemon out in November with a pokeball + accessory that works for. The Rpg and Go. Its going to sell a **** ton at Christmas.

I mean you can't really listen to the rage3d bubble, you guys predicted this console was dead on arrival and it's selling better than xbox one and almost as good as ps4.
All true, but it is sad that they only showcased 1 noteworthy game this year.

Honestly Nintendo just baffles me. They've got plenty of stuff they could do, but choose not to. No virtual console, no hd mario galaxy remake, no mario maker. Heck, just show a pre-rendered trailer for metroid and people would go nuts. Last year they at least seemed to care, even showing slideware for metroid.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 07:48 AM   #995
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

I think that's true, I predicted it to fail, and then bought one on release weekend. However, I also almost never use mine anymore. They are still selling well, but I think the novelty wears off quickly for a lot of people. Hopefully some top tier games come out that make me change my mind, but as it stands, I play on PC and Xb1 far more than the Switch. My wife has been playing the hell out of Monster Hunter, she can't believe it's not on Switch yet.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 08:53 AM   #996
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I think that's true, I predicted it to fail, and then bought one on release weekend. However, I also almost never use mine anymore. They are still selling well, but I think the novelty wears off quickly for a lot of people. Hopefully some top tier games come out that make me change my mind, but as it stands, I play on PC and Xb1 far more than the Switch. My wife has been playing the hell out of Monster Hunter, she can't believe it's not on Switch yet.
https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games...ltimate-switch
monster hunter generations ultimate was quietly announced for the Switch not too long ago.

But, it wasn't shown or emphasized at E3 since it was announced during a lull.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:21 AM   #997
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games...ltimate-switch
monster hunter generations ultimate was quietly announced for the Switch not too long ago.

But, it wasn't shown or emphasized at E3 since it was announced during a lull.
Great, she'll probably have to buy that one now too

edit: Wow the graphics on that are poor.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:26 AM   #998
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Tried out Fortnight on the switch. 'Looks good, runs good, honestly I'm impressed.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:31 AM   #999
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Great, she'll probably have to buy that one now too

edit: Wow the graphics on that are poor.
yeah probably cuz its an enhanced port of the 3DS version (since the original generations was a 3DS game)

Same thing they did with Monster Hunter 3 ultimate on Wii U, was just an HD port of the wii version.....

Not too surprising about the graphics though as the main series pretty much settled on the 3DS for the last little while.

But starting with Monster Hunter world (next mainline one) they got themselves into the PS4/Xbone/PC game.

Last edited by Sasquach : Jun 13, 2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 02:54 PM   #1000
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Man, the new Pokemon game looks mediocre as hell.

(Gameplay starts at 2:50)

Why can't we just get a full-fledged Pokemon RPG on the Switch instead of this super dumbed down, mobile game crap?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 02:59 PM   #1001
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They are working on a real pokemon too.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 03:00 PM   #1002
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I sure hope so! The Pokemon franchise deserves better.

This just seems like a blatant cash grab, and the $99 Pokeball accessory is
Old Jun 13, 2018, 04:10 PM   #1003
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If your Switch is collecting dust you are simply not the target demographic for Nintendo right now. Its got tons of games and lots of people are getting plenty of use out of their Switch. It surpassed Wii U total sales in less than a year on the market.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2018, 04:17 PM   #1004
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
If your Switch is collecting dust you are simply not the target demographic for Nintendo right now. Its got tons of games and lots of people are getting plenty of use out of their Switch. It surpassed Wii U total sales in less than a year on the market.
What are the recent big games besides the Donkey Kong and Hyrule Warriors re-releases?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 04:22 PM   #1005
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
What are the recent big games besides the Donkey Kong and Hyrule Warriors re-releases?
Why does it have to have lots of "big games?"

They have spaced out their big title releases pretty strategically, and sprinkled in tons of indies to keep people busy. Whatever they are doing its working.

Thing is people are judging its success because they personally are not getting use out of it, without looking around to see plenty of others are.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 05:09 PM   #1006
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Why does it have to have lots of "big games?"

They have spaced out their big title releases pretty strategically, and sprinkled in tons of indies to keep people busy. Whatever they are doing its working.

Thing is people are judging its success because they personally are not getting use out of it, without looking around to see plenty of others are.
Well to be fair, a large chunk of the 'big names' have been ports of existing Wii-U games, and the generational refresh titles.

There's a yearning for titles other than those two types.

Nintendo spaced their titles strategically but they don't really change up the variety all that much. OF all their IP's and they only remain focused on Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong.

Metroid is still a ways off (and it was a hype title at the time of announcement), F-Zero could use a revival (are we tired of Mario Kart? Nah, but would like to see something a bit more on the traditional side), Starfox needs a proper new game and not another Starfox64 reboot/remake.
How about a new Pilotwings?
Any news on Pikmin4?
How about a Mario RPG that isn't of the Paper or Mario & Luigi style?

Actually I think people were just hoping to know what Retro Studios is working on. After the DK tropical freeze they've gone completely silent.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 05:35 PM   #1007
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks like octopath is a meaty game, 50-60 hours for the main quest and 80-100 for the peeps who like to do everything.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 05:44 PM   #1008
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Well to be fair, a large chunk of the 'big names' have been ports of existing Wii-U games, and the generational refresh titles.

There's a yearning for titles other than those two types.

Nintendo spaced their titles strategically but they don't really change up the variety all that much. OF all their IP's and they only remain focused on Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong.

Metroid is still a ways off (and it was a hype title at the time of announcement), F-Zero could use a revival (are we tired of Mario Kart? Nah, but would like to see something a bit more on the traditional side), Starfox needs a proper new game and not another Starfox64 reboot/remake.
How about a new Pilotwings?
Any news on Pikmin4?
How about a Mario RPG that isn't of the Paper or Mario & Luigi style?

Actually I think people were just hoping to know what Retro Studios is working on. After the DK tropical freeze they've gone completely silent.

Yea, The WiiU ports are my problem with it at this point, I have a WiiU with all these games already. I want to see NEW triple A games more then we have to this point.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 05:54 PM   #1009
Mangler
PC

I might be negative, but if one wants to play aaa titles, the ps4 and xbx is the place for that.

A console that is weaker than an iphone x will miss out on most of those.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 05:32 AM   #1010
Nascar24

I'm not looking for AAA PS4 and XBOX titles, I'm looking for Nintendo type game AAA titles.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:11 AM   #1011
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So only Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the game to look out for and that too in December. Meh.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:17 AM   #1012
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I'm not looking for AAA PS4 and XBOX titles, I'm looking for Nintendo type game AAA titles.
Yeah, if you're really only interested in Nintendo's first party big name titles there's going to be a lot of waiting around between releases. That's a given.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:36 AM   #1013
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Did they have anything about the Unreal engine Shin Megami Tensei game?
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:52 AM   #1014
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
I might be negative, but if one wants to play aaa titles, the ps4 and xbx is the place for that.

A console that is weaker than an iphone x will miss out on most of those.
depends on one's definition/interpretation of a AAA game.

Call me old school but im at a point where I actually prefer the more retro styled and colorful titles over the constant barrage of dark, gritty, ultrarealistic, graphics are everything bloody action games that find their way on the PS4/Xbone. Well I could also be bias as well seeing as ive been a Nintendo fanboy for all these years.

But I still want to see some variety. We know what we get from the Mario's and the Donkey Kong's and the Zelda's. Could use a bit more Xenoblades or Bayonetta's or the like, something a bit more darker than the typical Nintendo fare and that isn't a port.

But if dev's can port stuff to phones, they sure as hell should be able to port stuff to the Switch.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 01:19 PM   #1015
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Fortnite was the most recent, that's about the biggest game you can get at the moment on any machine

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Jun 14, 2018, 01:22 PM   #1016
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Mario Tennis isn't a port, and it's actually pretty good, Xenoblade 2 standalone expansion is out soon that is also quite a decently large game.

Splatoon 2 just got a singleplayer expansion. I will get pokemon just because of the nostalgia of Pokemon red/blue/yellow factor.

Real generation 8 pokemon is coming next year.

Also you gotta remember Nintendo never announces everything due this year at E3, many times they have announced stuff litteraly 1-2 months before they arrive on the console.

Old Jun 15, 2018, 09:36 AM   #1017
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah, if you're really only interested in Nintendo's first party big name titles there's going to be a lot of waiting around between releases. That's a given.
Doesn't even have to be Nintendo first party games.

How about just plain Switch exclusive games?

I had my hopes up for this machine, but I still see no reason to buy one. Probably will end up treating it just like the WiiU. Wait until it's on the way out and being replaced, and pick up a super cheap used system complete with a few games.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 03:19 PM   #1018
Mangler
PC

So, thinking about jumping on that hdr/uhd train, how does those displays handle sub 1080p resolutions?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 04:54 PM   #1019
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Like this?

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jun 17, 2018, 01:10 AM   #1020
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Project octopath is out next month, got limited edition on preorder. .

Also that pokemon is disturbing.