Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 13, 2018, 08:17 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

After many disappointments I reserve my comment on Exodus until I really played it.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 04:20 AM   #122
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Not really, metro isnt much like stalker, excepting they are both set in russia from a russian perspective. There ARE two games similar to stalker though. Escape from trakov is the closest, but Survarium is similar in a lot of ways too, both games are similar to stalker in different ways though.
Stalker is set in Ukraine. GSC is also from the same country
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 04:34 AM   #123
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Eh, i still see all those countries as ussr, and i call that russia, its not right, but its stuck in my head so whatever. My point was, just cause they are from similar regions/same country, doesnt make the games the same, they simply feel like that because they are both coming from the same/similar world perspective of the area.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 14, 2018, 08:00 AM   #124
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Eh, i still see all those countries as ussr, and i call that russia, its not right, but its stuck in my head so whatever. My point was, just cause they are from similar regions/same country, doesnt make the games the same, they simply feel like that because they are both coming from the same/similar world perspective of the area.
I don't want the games to be the same. Metro has it's own distinct flavor. If the devs want a STALKER reboot/sequel that badly, then make one and call it something else to avoid IP issues.

Gimme Metro for a Metro title, not a STALKER clone.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:11 AM   #125
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I don't want the games to be the same. Metro has it's own distinct flavor. If the devs want a STALKER reboot/sequel that badly, then make one and call it something else to avoid IP issues.

Gimme Metro for a Metro title, not a STALKER clone.
I second this. I dont like mashup of the two games.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 07:17 PM   #126
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Metro Exodus will be the first game to support Nvidias real time ray tracing technology. FYI
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:48 PM   #127
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Metro Exodus will be the first game to support Nvidias real time ray tracing technology. FYI
You should have posted the video too:

Looks like indoor environments with external light sources (like windows) will have the most visual impact - but without the same footage with this feature turned off it's mostly speculation at this point.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:45 AM   #128
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

hard to really tell compared to the gameplay video, especially because the angle of the sun is different. Some of the lighting looked to change rapidly though.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:53 AM   #129
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post

Looks like indoor environments with external light sources (like windows) will have the most visual impact - but without the same footage with this feature turned off it's mostly speculation at this point.

My apologies
Old Mar 23, 2018, 01:13 AM   #130
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

that was just a clip of a neighborhood in Russia right?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:01 AM   #131
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post

Nothing that i saw on that video, looked like something that couldn't be made with normal rasterization, i even go has far to say that at this point, if that is real, real-time raytracing then rasterization has pretty much caught up to it.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:57 PM   #132
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It does look great though. If I can get anything like that off my 290 I'll be one happy hairy old dude.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 01:46 PM   #133
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
It does look great though. If I can get anything like that off my 290 I'll be one happy hairy old dude.
RTX Being a Nvidia gameworks tech i will not expect it to be optimized at all to AMD users so don't get your hopes high.

But D3D12 seems to also have included real-time raytracing, Futuremark has just made a video about it, so this at lest indicates that, one this tech will perhaps have a chance to get spreed around and used in many games and two both AMD and Nvidia GPU's will have the chance to "fight" in the same playing field.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Old Mar 23, 2018, 03:03 PM   #134
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
RTX Being a Nvidia gameworks tech i will not expect it to be optimized at all to AMD users so don't get your hopes high.

But D3D12 seems to also have included real-time raytracing, Futuremark has just made a video about it, so this at lest indicates that, one this tech will perhaps have a chance to get spreed around and used in many games and two both AMD and Nvidia GPU's will have the chance to "fight" in the same playing field.
I hope you're right about that. I do plan on going NV some time in the future, but I'd rather it be when I want to, rather than "have to".
Old Mar 23, 2018, 08:00 PM   #135
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post

AMD also have a ray tracing software release at the same time, it should be open like their other stuff, so while amd probably wont play nice with the ndvia ray tracing, the games MAY have an amd alternative.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 09:37 PM   #136
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
AMD also have a ray tracing software release at the same time, it should be open like their other stuff, so while amd probably wont play nice with the ndvia ray tracing, the games MAY have an amd alternative.
They do have a alternative, but I'm pretty sure because of AMD history, that very few games will implement AMD's ray-tracing, Nvidia just because of deeper pockets will have more RTX based games but even those will be a low amount, the majority will implement DX12 RT or even Vulkan if this API implementes RT in the near future as well (that i'm sure they will).

That to me is a good thing, the less proprietary tech locked to a single vendor, games have, the better for all of us, Nvidia and AMD users.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Old May 16, 2018, 10:41 AM   #137
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Delayed to Q1 2019

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 11:16 AM   #138
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Old May 16, 2018, 12:13 PM   #139
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
This means that they actually respect fans and themselfs. And also means that the game will be better.
Old May 17, 2018, 04:34 AM   #140
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

2018 sucks!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:05 PM   #141
Megaman
Packing heat!

Gameplay Trailer

Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:13 AM   #142
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks sexy.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 03:58 AM   #143
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Some areas required mask, some didn't. Interesting stuff!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 02:20 PM   #144
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks tight.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 04:56 PM   #145
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

18 minutes gameplay demo.

Old Jun 12, 2018, 05:33 PM   #146
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I love when fps games are demo'd with a controller
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:54 PM   #147
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Nobody on PC market covers their costs of E3 booth setup.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2018, 04:28 AM   #148
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Nobody on PC market covers their costs of E3 booth setup.
Many of the games demoed at e3 are running on PC. They use controller because it's much better (smoother) for the viewer.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 05:28 AM   #149
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Old Sep 9, 2018, 07:29 PM   #150
Megaman
Packing heat!

This is said to be as long Metro 2033 and Last Light combined.