Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Nov 8, 2017, 02:52 PM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I would be tempted to get two at 300 +125 for a waterblock each
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:30 AM   #392
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

So firefox users prefer amd?

https://hardware.metrics.mozilla.com...ndiekings.com/

Unlike the steam survey which is voluntary this is taken from automatic telemetry.

intel 65% amd 15% nvidia 14%. And that ratio has been there a long time not just a recent blip.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.8.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F23 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. XFX GTR BE RX 480 Cats 18.8.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2017, 04:23 AM   #393
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The AMD share includes the APUs, which I think explains it.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 18, 2017, 02:34 PM   #394
rms
Radeon R420

rms is still being judged by the masses

Default Freesync2 32" Monitor on sale!

$500 at Costco. Best price I've seen on this monitor! I bought it at $600 for use with the Vega64, and am very pleased with it!!
https://www.costco.com/Samsung-32%22...100380456.html
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:29 PM   #395
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rms View Post
$500 at Costco. Best price I've seen on this monitor! I bought it at $600 for use with the Vega64, and am very pleased with it!!
https://www.costco.com/Samsung-32&#3...100380456.html
Its getting close but gimme flat screen and save me 100$ from the curved tax with 4k and Im there.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.8.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F23 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. XFX GTR BE RX 480 Cats 18.8.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2017, 04:18 PM   #396
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

This is a bit more like it Puts Vega 64 ahead of the 1080ti woot.

https://wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-get...-latest-patch/
Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7Ghz, ASUS Z270-K, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 2400 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:33 PM   #397
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
This is a bit more like it Puts Vega 64 ahead of the 1080ti woot.

https://wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-get...-latest-patch/
not in 4k or worst case at any resolutions
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:13 AM   #398
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
not in 4k or worst case at any resolutions

True, but the gap between both cards at 4K all settings maxed which is usually around ~10 Fps means that if it isn't playable on the slower card ( Vega ), it also isn't playable on the 1080Ti either, which is the real world advantage potential buyers look for, not just a higher number for the sake of being higher on benchmarks.

I still will work on the same double or nothing principle......Twice as fast as anything out now, to allow smooth Game play on settings that would kill a Pascal or Vega, and make them no better than a slide show.......Wake me up in 2~3 years from now.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2017, 06:35 PM   #399
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Shadow....

Vega Liquid Frontier Card, 16GB= $799 right now at Newegg.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:33 PM   #400
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Shadow....

Vega Liquid Frontier Card, 16GB= $799 right now at Newegg.
Nice price drop, but that's in the USA and I'd pay for exchange rate, duty and shipping.......It would still be 1300 ~1400$ Canadian for each card, and adding 600 to 800$ extra between both cards over the liquid cooled 8GB versions.

The air cooled frontier is still 1279$ at Newegg in Canada and has been at that price for a few months now.....
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:57 AM   #401
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
XFX Launches Custom RX Vega 56 and Vega 64 Double Edition Graphics Cards
https://www.techpowerup.com/239109/x...graphics-cards

odd looking puppy and dumb power plug placement
Old Nov 25, 2017, 05:53 PM   #402
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yeah, the XFX design is just odd. I'm still not sure getting Vega makes sense since I already have a 1080 (not sure Freesync is really that important), but I'll be keeping an eye out for the PowerColor custom Vegas. Of course, I'd consider the XFX at the right price, but the look is not a positive for me. And, yeah, power plug placement in the center of the card...
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2017, 01:22 AM   #403
atomBomb
Diamond Stealth 2mb VRAM

atomBomb is still being judged by the masses

Default Where are the custom Vega's?

Where are the custom Vega's? I can't believe they can cost more than 450 for 56 or ~550 for the 64 as they compete with 1070/1070ti/1080 now.

Some article said mid-novemeber, that has passed like 1.5 months ago, soon to be December, still no cards.

pc-masterrace
atomBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2017, 02:23 AM   #404
badsykes
Radeon Caribbean Islands

badsykes can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultybadsykes can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultybadsykes can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Yeah, the XFX design is just odd. I'm still not sure getting Vega makes sense since I already have a 1080 (not sure Freesync is really that important), but I'll be keeping an eye out for the PowerColor custom Vegas. Of course, I'd consider the XFX at the right price, but the look is not a positive for me. And, yeah, power plug placement in the center of the card...
I do feel they want to step in the MSI twinfrozzr teritorry...

My life is its own definition.
So is yours.
Let us leave the priests
to their hells and heavens,
and confine
the scientists
to their dying universe,
with its
accidentally created stars.
Let us each dare
to open our dream's door,
and explore
the unofficial thresholds,
where we begin.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:55 PM   #405
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomBomb View Post
Where are the custom Vega's? I can't believe they can cost more than 450 for 56 or ~550 for the 64 as they compete with 1070/1070ti/1080 now.

Some article said mid-novemeber, that has passed like 1.5 months ago, soon to be December, still no cards.
https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-v...gigabyte-asus/
Old Dec 3, 2017, 04:14 PM   #406
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
AMD Assures Radeon RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 56 Receiving Increased GPU Supply Shortly

https://wccftech.com/amd-james-prior...4-vega-supply/

Quote:
James has also assured that they are going to bring an increased supply of Radeon RX Vega 64 and Radeon RX Vega 56 GPUs in the market. This will have two direct impacts on reference and custom boards. First up, the increased supply will mean that we won’t be looking at further stock issues that are a major contributor to the price gouging that affects graphics cards in low supply. Second, the increased supply will put the prices back in check and that will lead to manufacturers bringing out more custom boards to market that will offer better cooling and graphics performance.
hay caveman
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:54 PM   #407
badsykes
Radeon Caribbean Islands

badsykes can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultybadsykes can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultybadsykes can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Officialy the Vega reference designs are discountinued and only vega custom models that are not on stock are availaible..
The funny thing is the price ....

https://www.caseking.de/search?sSearch=vega+56

In germany shop is 599euro the vega 56 devil .... The thing is even with buying a 64 euros Morpheus II cooler i will not reach this price.

So is yours.
Let us leave the priests
and confine
the scientists
to their dying universe,
with its
Let us each dare
and explore
where we begin.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 06:18 AM   #408
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Prices are not good in Sweden. Seems the aftermarket versions are priced one class higher than the performance bracket they are in...

Checking prisjakt (and big "regular" stores)

Vega 64 Strix is 7990 SEK
1080 Strix is 6289 SEK
1080 Ti Strix is 8190 SEK
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2017, 07:35 AM   #409
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Not only Vega, but every single AMD card prices are way higher than MSRP in my country. Even RX560 priced at RM599 (USD $146), RX 570 RM1399 (USD $343), RX 580 RM1599 (USD $392). And those are the cheapest prices. Heck, the most expensive Strix RX 580 is RM1999 (USD $490). Cheapest Vega 56 and 64 are RM2599 and RM2999 respectively (USD $637 and $735) and those are cheapest reference cooler. Its really bad times to buy AMD cards, thabks to cryptocurrency
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2017, 01:02 PM   #410
badsykes
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
Not only Vega, but every single AMD card prices are way higher than MSRP in my country. Even RX560 priced at RM599 (USD $146), RX 570 RM1399 (USD $343), RX 580 RM1599 (USD $392). And those are the cheapest prices. Heck, the most expensive Strix RX 580 is RM1999 (USD $490). Cheapest Vega 56 and 64 are RM2599 and RM2999 respectively (USD $637 and $735) and those are cheapest reference cooler. Its really bad times to buy AMD cards, thabks to cryptocurrency
637$ is about 80$ more than i payed for vega56+shipping from UK = 560$

So is yours.
Let us leave the priests
and confine
the scientists
to their dying universe,
with its
Let us each dare
and explore
where we begin.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 07:11 PM   #411
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Megaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Someone link me up some decent benchmark comparisons with Nvidia.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 07:00 AM   #412
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Someone link me up some decent benchmark comparisons with Nvidia.
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html

Red Devil Review. Still too costly for the performance it brings compared too Nvidia's offering.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:29 PM   #413
badsykes
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html

Red Devil Review. Still too costly for the performance it brings compared too Nvidia's offering.
The rarity of the card increased the cost greatly.Anyway the disabled HBM2 oc is kinda funny "feature".I feel more and more that buying reference design was a smarter choice.

So is yours.
Let us leave the priests
and confine
the scientists
to their dying universe,
with its
Let us each dare
and explore
where we begin.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 01:14 PM   #414
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
The rarity of the card increased the cost greatly.Anyway the disabled HBM2 oc is kinda funny "feature".I feel more and more that buying reference design was a smarter choice.
Yeah I found that kinda funny as well that they would bios lock the HBM2 OC capability. Maybe too much power and poof?
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2017, 09:39 AM   #415
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Might be a deal with AMD?

Lock the BIOS and get a better GPU deal? Powercolor has always been known for that (cutting costs wherever they can). Especially since their Vega cards only carry a 1 year warranty. lol.

(Yes, there is a specific line item saying that in their warranty, 1 line. Nothing else, just says Vega is limited to 1 year warranty)

Holy crap though... I am lucky I got my Vega card when I did... Out of stock EVERYWHERE. Like wtf? Miners trying to ride the gravy train as long as they can I guess. An air card costs $180 more now than my damn liquid cooled card did in September..
Old Jan 13, 2018, 04:42 AM   #416
badsykes
Radeon Caribbean Islands

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9&isNodeId= 1

THe price is beyond .... 1399$ for the "simple" Vega64 ...I thought in my country was this price but in states ?
Selling the Vega56 will get me a big profit ....

So is yours.
Let us leave the priests
and confine
the scientists
to their dying universe,
with its
Let us each dare
and explore
where we begin.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 06:25 AM   #417
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah, here too. Prices of Vega cards almost exceeds NVidia cards now, making them even less attractive for anything (mining, gaming, production, Freesync). That's no good