Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:20 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Default 2016 Ford Bronco

No way - it's back; and this time with a diesel option

Quote:
It’s finally happening: after waiting 20 long years Ford is bringing back the Ford Bronco for 2016 and it’s not the Early Bronco concept that was unveiled to the world in 2004 like many believed. This all-new Ford Bronco is based off the highly popular Ford Atlas and if history does indeed repeat itself, this could kick-start the 2-door 4x4 SUV market once again.

The 2016 Ford SVT Bronco is available with three different engine options from a base 5.0-liter Coyote V-8 that pumps out 420 hp to an optional 4.9-liter Powerstroke V-6 diesel engine that is based off the revised 6.7-liter Powerstroke diesel. The 4.9-liter Powerstroke delivers 330 hp as well as 645 lb-ft of torque.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1404...o-coming-soon/
Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I just came in my pants. I'm so ****ing happy I can't express it in words. Does this mean GM with bring back the K5 Blazer?!?!?!

That powerstroke will be a BEAST in that truck.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Jesus that looks awesome. Even reminds me of the last generation Bronco.

But looking at the article, it's a god damned April Fools joke.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:28 AM   #4
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Wow the diesel would be great in that truck...and yes it looks like a truck.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:30 AM   #5
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Jesus that looks awesome. Even reminds me of the last generation Bronco.

But looking at the article, it's a god damned April Fools joke.
God ****ing dammit, Curio!!!
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:54 AM   #6
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

After the wife and I buy our second home in the next couple of years, I already told her that I will be buying a truck because Lord knows when you own a home you need a truck. What she doesn't know is that I am buying a military truck that I will also convert as a simple camper to take the family camping.

Also when it snows and I call everyone of my co-workers that I will be picking them up and taking them into the office, whether they can work from home or not.

Why a military grade truck? Because F-you that's why. That and the ability to carry a platoon of combat troops is also a plus.

I have not made up my mind yet though on which one. I am leaning more toward the M1078 and the Unimog.

M1078

Pinzgauer

Unimog

Gaz 66

AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:02 AM   #7
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Boo.

Honestly... ****ing yuck.

It's like some sort of standard cab shortbed f250 with a cap on it.

The bronco concept was way better.

Incase anyone forgot about it.

It's cool they want to bring it back but make it more like an original bronco... a jeep fighter. This thing... it's a behemoth.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:13 AM   #8
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
Boo.

Honestly... ****ing yuck.

It's like some sort of standard cab shortbed f250 with a cap on it.

Incase anyone forgot about it.

It's cool they want to bring it back but make it more like an original bronco... a jeep fighter. This thing... it's a behemoth.
That thing looks awful. Where's the rest of it?

Love the version in the OP. It's beastly.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:28 AM   #9
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
That thing looks awful. Where's the rest of it?

Love the version in the OP. It's beastly.
It looks like a bronco to me. The truck in the OP looks like some sort of f250 crossover wagon thing. Nothing in the new bronco says "Bronco" to me.

Keep in mind that was a concept from 2004, the general idea of the truck and styling is more what I prefer. It needs updated for today but more along the lines of that, than what we got.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:29 AM   #10
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

You guys realize the article is an April Fool's joke, right?

Quote:
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:34 AM   #11
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
I guess not. I didn't think i'd be seeing 4 month old articles posted here as news.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:12 AM   #12
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah, I read it...but it's kind of irrelevant. I still like one design more than another.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:41 AM   #13
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
God ****ing dammit, Curio!!!
****!

Damn it, for reals
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:36 AM   #14
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
My 5yr old made that exact version out of Legos the other day. True story.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:52 PM   #15
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
ter.

Ugh. Looks like the bastard child of a MB G-Class and a 70s era Toyota Landcruiser, made to be a H3 competitor.

I want one of the things pictured way up top, in white with the optional "Freeway Pursuit" package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:27 PM   #16
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
Ugh. Looks like the bastard child of a MB G-Class and a 70s era Toyota Landcruiser, made to be a H3 competitor.

I want one of the things pictured way up top, in white with the optional "Freeway Pursuit" package.
It looks like a squished LR Defender.

Also,

Quote:
Old Aug 20, 2014, 03:49 PM   #17
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
It looks like a squished LR Defender.

Also,
problem? Defenders are beyond awesome.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:18 AM   #18
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
problem? Defenders are beyond awesome.
If I want something that looks like a Defender, I'll buy a defender. I want a 2dr SUV on a 1/2 ton platform with a bunch of torque and towing capacity.

Quote:
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:41 AM   #19
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
If I want something that looks like a Defender, I'll buy a defender. I want a 2dr SUV on a 1/2 ton platform with a bunch of torque and towing capacity.
The problem is a 2dr SUV just won't have the wheelbase for crazy towing capacity. Trust, I'm there with ya as I don't want a truck, but it's not going to happen.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:12 AM   #20
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
The problem is a 2dr SUV just won't have the wheelbase for crazy towing capacity. Trust, I'm there with ya as I don't want a truck, but it's not going to happen.
The last gen Bronco could tow a decent amount. My uncle used to tow his 26ft boat with his 96 Bronco.

Quote:
Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:23 AM   #21
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
The last gen Bronco could tow a decent amount. My uncle used to tow his 26ft boat with his 96 Bronco.
A lot people never actually figure out what they can tow "safely". However, it really depends on the boat. The Bronco II doesn't seem to have official towing capacity listed anywhere but it seems somewhere in the 4000-5000lb range which is typical for a vehicle of it's size. 26' boats range anywhere from 4000-7000lbs depending on the boat and boat trailers are usually around 700 lbs. If the boat was on the lower side of the spectrum, that would put it likely within a normal towing capacity range for a Bronco II (and any current mid-sized SUV). I highly doubt the boat was on the higher side, but people have been known to ignore vehicle ratings.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:26 AM   #22
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Correction to that, a 96 Bronco (which I wouldn't call mid-size to today's standard) is around 7000lbs towing capacity:

5.0L w/3.55 rear:Max GCWR is 11,500 lbs.; trailer wt is 0-6600 lbs.

5.8L w/3.55 rear: Max GCWR is 2,000 lbs.; trailer wt is 0-7000 lbs.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:35 AM   #23
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

I wasnt talking about mid-sized SUVs, I was talking about a 2dr SUV built on a 1/2 ton platform, which makes it a full size SUV.

For reference, my Explorer can tow 6,620lbs and it's a mid size. The BII was limited by engine. My Explorer was built on almost the same platform as the BII.

Quote:
Old Aug 21, 2014, 09:52 AM   #24
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
For reference, my Explorer can tow 6,620lbs and it's a mid size. The BII was limited by engine. My Explorer was built on almost the same platform as the BII.
Yes, the older generation Explorer has more towing capacity than the newest generation. It was also a larger vehicle as well (as was the older Bronco). Today, they aren't making them in those sizes which I'm assuming it due to gas efficiency. Today if you want that type of towing capacity, you have to go with a more expensive diesel based SUV (for those makes which have them), one of the very large SUV's (which there are only a small handful of them today like the Armada), or a truck.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:05 AM   #25
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Yes, the older generation Explorer has more towing capacity than the newest generation. It was also a larger vehicle as well (as was the older Bronco). Today, they aren't making them in those sizes which I'm assuming it due to gas efficiency. Today if you want that type of towing capacity, you have to go with a more expensive diesel based SUV (for those makes which have them), one of the very large SUV's (which there are only a small handful of them today like the Armada), or a truck.
There are mid-sizes that can tow a good amount. A HEMI WK2 Grand Cherokee can tow 7500lbs.

My Explorer is smaller then the current gen and the 2 gens before that. The current Explorer can't tow for **** because it's built on the Taurus platform.

Quote:
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:32 AM   #26
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
There are mid-sizes that can tow a good amount. A HEMI WK2 Grand Cherokee can tow 7500lbs.
Yes, which goes back to the "more expensive" part I mentioned earlier (as those can be close to $50k). However, you'd be better off with a diesel Jeep as the gas mileage will be much better. A friend of mine averaged around 19 mpg towing with his diesel Jeep. I would still question the stability given the wheelbase, but he was only towing a Spec Miata (which he is now towing an Exocet in a small enclosed trailer) so not a ton of weight.

Looking around $50k, you are better off just going for a Tundra or F-150 and calling it a day.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:12 AM   #27
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Yes, which goes back to the "more expensive" part I mentioned earlier (as those can be close to $50k). However, you'd be better off with a diesel Jeep as the gas mileage will be much better. A friend of mine averaged around 19 mpg towing with his diesel Jeep. I would still question the stability given the wheelbase, but he was only towing a Spec Miata (which he is now towing an Exocet in a small enclosed trailer) so not a ton of weight.

Looking around $50k, you are better off just going for a Tundra or F-150 and calling it a day.
50K gets you a very nice jeep and an OK F150. Most people dont want to DD a pickup.

Quote:
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:34 AM   #28
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
50K gets you a very nice jeep and an OK F150. Most people dont want to DD a pickup.
Those people aren't serious about towing either... That's the thing today, if you are serious about towing, a truck is the best option. I'm not serious about towing, which is why I'm towing with a FJ Cruiser.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:47 AM   #29
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
I don't think you could afford a defender. I don't think most people who would buy a bronco would be able to afford a defender either.

New bronco might cost more than a used "okay" defender, but a 5 year old bronco would definitely cost less than a 15 year old defender.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 01:18 PM   #30
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
I don't think you could afford a defender.

EDIT: this wbole thing is really even funnier when you realize the entire thread is about a vehicle that does not (nor is planned to) even exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote