Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 2, 2014, 04:25 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2014, 09:17 AM   #242
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

It's not a racing vid, but i didn't know where to put it elsewhere.

If i ever saw a sick ride, then it has to be this one. Would love to own this

I always had something for the mercs from that period. Don't ask me why.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 05:12 PM   #243
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2014, 09:01 PM   #244
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:59 PM   #245
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2014, 09:04 AM   #246
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

dude would have been minced meat if he had lost it on that corner. what a battle....
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2014, 03:55 AM   #247
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by riho View Post
dude would have been minced meat if he had lost it on that corner. what a battle....
insane and awesome at the same time.

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Old Mar 8, 2014, 07:35 PM   #248
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2014, 05:58 PM   #249
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Great racing here. It's a shame ALMS is gone, daytona prototypes are super lame.

Old Mar 11, 2014, 05:59 PM   #250
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

If you don't want to watch all ten minutes skip to 1:40 and then just watch the final like two laps. The end is insane.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 09:33 AM   #251
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

magnussen had it coming imo. He tried to bump bergmeister off a couple times. Classic vid tho
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2014, 09:55 AM   #252
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
magnussen had it coming imo. He tried to bump bergmeister off a couple times. Classic vid tho
This stemmed from the Sebring race earlier that season where Bergmeister got roughed up on the final corner by a Ferrari on the last lap. He wasn't going to let it happen again.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:14 AM   #253
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
This stemmed from the Sebring race earlier that season where Bergmeister got roughed up on the final corner by a Ferrari on the last lap. He wasn't going to let it happen again.
Yes, I forgot about this, but yeah, you could tell where he was coming from.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 09:24 AM   #254
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

DOH!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 05:50 PM   #255
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:15 PM   #256
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Getting anxious for Road America.

Old Apr 14, 2014, 01:58 PM   #257
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:21 PM   #258
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:51 AM   #259
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Ok, not a racing video at all.. However, it's just too funny/sad (depending on who you are) to pass up.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:30 PM   #260
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

wow, poor guy
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:39 PM   #261
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old May 2, 2014, 09:49 AM   #262
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Old May 4, 2014, 10:18 PM   #263
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

A couple laps around Road America from this weekend. The BRZ is a blast on a road course.

Old May 5, 2014, 09:13 AM   #264
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

^^Interesting location for the camera.....

NASA at Mid America Motorplex
Old May 5, 2014, 09:24 AM   #265
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
^^Interesting location for the camera.....
Personal preference. Works well in the Vette...not so well in the BRZ as I found out with the mirror in the way and further back. I like seeing the driver input, so I'll never do a front bumper or windshield mounted cam. However, the sound is irritating...so I'm getting another cam to have a rear view and better exhaust sound with no wind. I'll sort out a better interior view too. I ran some data on a few runs, but not sure how well it turned out. Not in a big hurry to deal with all that.
Old May 5, 2014, 09:43 AM   #266
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Some in-car Mid America Motorplex footage...

http://youtu.be/4Fb3w4BtK9E

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Personal preference. Works well in the Vette...not so well in the BRZ as I found out with the mirror in the way and further back. I like seeing the driver input, so I'll never do a front bumper or windshield mounted cam. However, the sound is irritating...so I'm getting another cam to have a rear view and better exhaust sound with no wind. I'll sort out a better interior view too. I ran some data on a few runs, but not sure how well it turned out. Not in a big hurry to deal with all that.
If you are using a GoPro, you can get one of these fuzzy covers which works well for blocking out the wind but picking up the car sounds:

http://www.amazon.com/Micover-Sticko...9300936&sr=8-1
Old May 5, 2014, 10:02 AM   #267
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
If you are using a GoPro, you can get one of these fuzzy covers which works well for blocking out the wind but picking up the car sounds:

http://www.amazon.com/Micover-Sticko...9300936&sr=8-1
Or you could get a remote mic and run it somewhere wind-free, and just leave it wired in the car for whenever you need it.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:36 AM   #268
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Or you could get a remote mic and run it somewhere wind-free, and just leave it wired in the car for whenever you need it.
Yes, if I get the new GoPro. Mine doesn't have an external mic option. Or, could run a stand alone mic and try to sync it later. Really though, I'd like to run 2 cams anyway.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:55 AM   #269
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

they make USB mics that work, you don't need a new gopro for that. IT just doesn't have a dedicated mic port.
edit: mic adapters.
like this one for $1.25
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121306192617?lpid=82
Old May 5, 2014, 11:32 AM   #270
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
they make USB mics that work, you don't need a new gopro for that. IT just doesn't have a dedicated mic port.
edit: mic adapters.
like this one for $1.25
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121306192617?lpid=82
Wow, that would work perfectly if I could find a decent mic that would work with it.not sure how that would work with my current GoPro though, plus it says Hero 3. Sure, you could plug it in...but how would you use it. There are no options for using an external mic on my current GoPro.