Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

"

Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:34 PM   #6661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete stranger

Hmm. While I originally thought it was a bit high thinking about it again. I'll bite for 2 for giggles.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:32 PM   #6662
Greasy
Rage3D Spammer

Greasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wow if this thing is faster than 2x 680s imagine if they had actually meant this to go head to head with the 7970.

If these numbers are true, then this is a no brainer for people who were thinking about buying a 690 or 6x0 SLI setup.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:00 PM   #6663
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

At even $700 I would sell my three cards and pick up one of these monsters. At $900 I would be tempted but I don't see it happening. It all depends on overclocking potential.

I never touched the core voltage on my GTX280 either but if you could keep it really cool that bastard could clock really well.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:05 PM   #6664
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

yea so. pcie-2 and i7 980 will bottleneck a titan or not?
hopefully they will overclock good under water, I suspect even a 1000mhz clock would get it about even with 690 performance.

Last edited by H001iGAN : Jan 31, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:23 PM   #6665
demo
space cadet

demo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Nah be ok for a single card at x16 imo, x8 is too low though. 980x @ 4GHz+ should be ok too, since you use a 1600p display. I wouldn't run SLI on that system though.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:46 PM   #6666
demo
space cadet

demo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Interesting user review with a whole bunch of video cards for anyone interested.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh....php?t=1069681
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:23 PM   #6667
Nvidialist
Radeon HD 6850

Nvidialist is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
I believe it is only for multi-GPU. Don't see it here based on I have a single GPU platform.
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3283
Nvidialist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:31 AM   #6668
CurrentlyPissed
1.6 Litres of Fury

CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So I got that new 680 in today.

(For those unaware from the General Hardware section I had a Asus DCUII 680 2GB 1293c/6300mem).

Sent it off for RMA while waiting for it to return, I figured I may as well get the 4GB model since I am now using 5760x1080 instead of 1920x1080. So I bought the Asus DCUII 680 4GB.

I am dissapoint

New card only OCs to 1250c/6200mem. Which I guess still isn't anything to laugh about consideirng stock is 1006c/6000mem. But I did loose 200 points in 3dMark11.

I would have to imagine the extra headroom of the extra 2GB would be better at the resolution though. In FireFall at 5760x1080 I maintain around 50FPS with everything maxed, so I guess it's not too bad.

I'm thinking instead of selling the other 680 on RMA. I may add it for SLi, but I don't know if I want to waste that 2GB headroom. What do you chaps think?

-George Carlin

Quote:
Life is like an Arrow on a bow. It constantly drags you back. But you are just moments away from springing forward.

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Feb 1, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
CurrentlyPissed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:49 AM   #6669
Higgy10
Rage3D Veteran

Higgy10 knows why the caged bird singsHiggy10 knows why the caged bird singsHiggy10 knows why the caged bird singsHiggy10 knows why the caged bird singsHiggy10 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
So I got that new 680 in today.

(For those unaware from the General Hardware section I had a Asus DCUII 680 2GB 1293c/6300mem).

Sent it off for RMA while waiting for it to return, I figured I may as well get the 4GB model since I am now using 5760x1080 instead of 1920x1080. So I bought the Asus DCUII 680 4GB.

I am dissapoint

New card only OCs to 1250c/6200mem. Which I guess still isn't anything to laugh about consideirng stock is 1006c/6000mem. But I did loose 200 points in 3dMark11.

I would have to imagine the extra headroom of the extra 2GB would be better at the resolution though. In FireFall at 5760x1080 I maintain around 50FPS with everything maxed, so I guess it's not too bad.

I'm thinking instead of selling the other 680 on RMA. I may add it for SLi, but I don't know if I want to waste that 2GB headroom. What do you chaps think?
If your serious about multimon then go sli, especially with a 4gb model since any game that needs more than 2gb of vram(generally with aa) any single card will choke whether u have 2gb or 4gb
CFX 290
24" Samsung LCD x3
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:03 AM   #6670
CurrentlyPissed
1.6 Litres of Fury

CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
If your serious about multimon then go sli, especially with a 4gb model since any game that needs more than 2gb of vram(generally with aa) any single card will choke whether u have 2gb or 4gb
Well if I do SLi, the other card is 2GB. So it would limit both to 2GB. I'm not going to purchase another 680 and have 3 . I would likely just use both until the 780 variant comes around and depending on price possibly buy 2 of those.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Life is like an Arrow on a bow. It constantly drags you back. But you are just moments away from springing forward.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:39 AM   #6671
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidialist View Post
Thanks Blaire!

Just when you thought the world and its forums were doomed; a new hero saves the day: http://i26.tinypic.com/okpfs8.jpg
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:57 AM   #6672
CurrentlyPissed
1.6 Litres of Fury

Also anyone know how when Nvidia Surround @ 5760x1080 for windows, is there any way to use that, and make the middle screen my main display?

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:35 AM   #6673
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The potential score from Titan was dubious and is indeed a fake:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...&postcount=431

Just when you thought the world and its forums were doomed; a new hero saves the day: http://i26.tinypic.com/okpfs8.jpg
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:30 PM   #6674
CurrentlyPissed
1.6 Litres of Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Also anyone know how when Nvidia Surround @ 5760x1080 for windows, is there any way to use that, and make the middle screen my main display?
No one knows on this huh? I seen a post by Nvidia that they were working to resolve this.. That was 2 years ago. Can't seem to find an answer or not whether or not they ever fixed it.

-George Carlin

Quote:
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:52 PM   #6675
bill dennison
Rage3D Veteran

bill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
The potential score from Titan was dubious and is indeed a fake:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...&postcount=431
i'm shocked shocked

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:19 PM   #6676
PowerK
Rage3D Veteran

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidialist View Post
Danke
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:19 PM   #6677
PowerK
Rage3D Veteran

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

Those of you using 670/680 SLI, do you use SLI AA at all ?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:24 PM   #6678
Kain
Rage3D Veteran

Kain can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyKain can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Anything on the power requirements of the Titan?
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:58 PM   #6679
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Anything on the power requirements of the Titan?
235W I heard but it might be 300W.

PC Perspective and TechReport have them in hand for testing now. Others may too, but not me.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:26 PM   #6680
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post

PC Perspective and TechReport have them in hand for testing now. Others may too, but not me.
For a full on review? I thought that the rumored release was the end of the month?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:26 PM   #6681
Kain
Rage3D Veteran

Kain can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyKain can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post

Thanks. Do you think I could run two Titans in SLI and a 3930K on an AX850?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:57 PM   #6682
icecold1983
Rage3D Veteran

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

i hope you guys arent seriously entertaining the idea of nvidias next gpu being anywhere remotely close of 2x the performance of a 680

edit - in games. dp performance is useless for just about everyone who will ever post on a gaming forum

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:15 AM   #6683
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

When is this card out?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:21 AM   #6684
Kain
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
When is this card out?
Probably by the end of this month.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:23 AM   #6685
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG is still being judged by the masses

Interesting....
NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:38 AM   #6686
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshadow001 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It depends on the overall gaming performance of Titan, but if it's only 50~60% faster than the GTX680 or HD7970 cards, i might be tempted to get 4 of them despite their prices being pretty high.....Power wise isn't a problem even if they end up using 300 watts a piece, since i use a pair of 1200 watt power supplies, and it'll all be water cooled once blocks are eventually released to keep temperatures and silence under control.

But most of all, it'll be for the amount of memory onboard as they might pack 6 GB of it, as i reach the 3GB limit on the HD7970's with some games and benchmarks when running at eyefinity mode at 8000*1440 when using 8X AA, so it's only in this specific scenario where 3GB still isn't enough memory to keep things running smoothly.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:58 AM   #6687
demo
space cadet

You're going to buy 4 Titans to run 8xAA instead of 4xAA on 27" 1440p displays?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:10 AM   #6688
shadow001

shadow001 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshadow001 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
You're going to buy 4 Titans to run 8xAA instead of 4xAA on 27" 1440p displays?

Since at that crazy resolution when all 3 displays are combined(8000*1400 bezel compensated), it consumes a crazy amount of memory for the frame buffer alone, now triple that amount for triple buffering, and add AA on top of it and it becomes an issue....There simply isn't enough memory and the funny thing is that it has nothing to do with the GPU itself.

So if the Titan comes with 6 GB onboard, and not so much if the GPU is actually faster or not, as it's a moot point now that they're packing billions of transistors in these things, and some of their features have nothing to do with gaming, like double precision floating point math ability.

So this is just in my particular setup where the limits are being pushed and even exceeded when it comes to memory.....It's not even close to a problem for those running single displays or even triple displays where the resolutions are lower overall.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:20 AM   #6689
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

IDK, I don't think that 8xmsaa is worth the performance hit. Had you said supersampling I might agree with you. That I use whenever I get the chance.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:27 AM   #6690
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
IDK, I don't think that 8xmsaa is worth the performance hit. Had you said supersampling I might agree with you. That I use whenever I get the chance.

True, MSAA is a memory hog and isn't quite as good as super sampling, wich hammers the GPU really hard and not so much the memory, but can you imagine the workload the GPU would have to deal with at the resolution i use in combination with super sampling AA?....

It would be painfull if the GPU renders every frame internally at 64000*11520 pixels before downsampling that to 8000*1440 when using 8X super sampling AA...