Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:58 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Rage3D Spammer

SubCog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySubCog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
Do you know if the controller has triggers like the ps3 and 360 controller?
I"m sure it does. It's not that hard to make a clone of an xbox360 controller... even nintendo's doing it now.

deskt0p: 3.5ghz fx6300 - Radeon 6850 - 8 gigs memory

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m

Just finished: Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Sonic Generations
Currently playing: Crysis1, UT2k4, Remake Quake

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:56 PM   #32
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

So for people like myself who believe in one box under the tv, how will this work for you guys who plan on picking this up? I like the fact that the Xbox and the PS gives me more than just games in a box. I can listen to music, watch movies, watch sports, download apps, etc.

How will this fit in your everyday lifestyle?
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:23 PM   #33
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
So for people like myself who believe in one box under the tv, how will this work for you guys who plan on picking this up? I like the fact that the Xbox and the PS gives me more than just games in a box. I can listen to music, watch movies, watch sports, download apps, etc.

I'm seeing this more like a casual gaming console/HTPC.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 13, 2012, 07:07 PM   #34
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Exactly !

I like cheap or free as much as everyone else, but how will this be better than what I enjoy now with my 360 as a media hub and game machine.

Free or open source does not = better. I would gladly pay for the convenience of a streamlined and intuitive interface vs open source have to play with it for hours just to configure it to where I am comfortable.

Given this is based off googles OS, I don't expect anything that is going to make me change from my 360 at this time as I would be settling for a less than stellar experience based on trying many different products. I have tried numerous open source and other products and none have had the smoothness of what MS has done with the 360 as an all in one game and media hub.

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:44 AM   #35
eNforcer
Rage3D Veteran

eNforcer once held a door open for a complete strangereNforcer once held a door open for a complete strangereNforcer once held a door open for a complete strangereNforcer once held a door open for a complete stranger

XBMC for Android was just announced, the OUYA would be the perfect match.

http://xbmc.org/theuni/2012/07/13/xbmc-for-android/
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:13 PM   #36
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post
Exactly !

I like cheap or free as much as everyone else, but how will this be better than what I enjoy now with my 360 as a media hub and game machine.

Free or open source does not = better. I would gladly pay for the convenience of a streamlined and intuitive interface vs open source have to play with it for hours just to configure it to where I am comfortable.

Given this is based off googles OS, I don't expect anything that is going to make me change from my 360 at this time as I would be settling for a less than stellar experience based on trying many different products. I have tried numerous open source and other products and none have had the smoothness of what MS has done with the 360 as an all in one game and media hub.
True that brother!

I love both my PS3 and 360. Controllers are perfect, the ecosystem is perfect (or could use some work on both sides), both of them have solid franchises (100s of developer support on both camps), games can be resold, apps, photos, music, movies, tv, streaming etc,etc.

I think I am going to sit back on this one. We've seen other competitors try to enter the console market but failed or were extremely small and niche. I mean MS, Sony, and Nintendo don't spend billions on R&D for nothing. The other issue is that this is just another box that needs room and time taken away from already solid consoles in someones bedroom or entertainment rack. Hell I had to add two more shelves to my rack to make room for other stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I hope the OUYA is successful. But I dont expect to see them where you can purchase off the shelves at a Walmart, Gamestop, or Bestbuy anytime soon. Preferably I would rather see this console come out next year based on next gen Tegra hardware where it would have some sort of chance getting ports from current gen consoles. Honestly I would rather apple do something like this with their Apple TV but super charge it with a powerful mobile gpu. Atleast they would have billions in the bank to make it shine.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:16 PM   #37
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:18 AM   #38
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Do you guys think it would be beneficial if OUYA expand their market to be built in tvs, set top/cable/iptv boxes, and bluray players?

Also do you guys agree that they should try to partner with other CE electronics manufactures. For example Sony, LG, Panasonic, and etc make their own versions of the box. Like some could come with built in Blu-ray, google tv functionality, web browsing, dvr capabilities, etc?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:45 AM   #39
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

I don't think Sony will jump on the ouya train, they are more likely to integrate gaika support in their future devices.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:06 PM   #40
gamefoo21
Radeon HD5670 1GB

gamefoo21 is not someone to be trifled withgamefoo21 is not someone to be trifled withgamefoo21 is not someone to be trifled withgamefoo21 is not someone to be trifled withgamefoo21 is not someone to be trifled withgamefoo21 is not someone to be trifled withgamefoo21 is not someone to be trifled withgamefoo21 is not someone to be trifled with

Needs more ram!

1GB just isn't enough.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:37 PM   #41
Argoon1981
Rage3D Veteran

Argoon1981 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArgoon1981 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Needs more ram!

1GB just isn't enough.

The X360 and the PS3 only have 512 and look what they can do. Also Nvidia lost for AMD the inclusion of a GPU on the new MS, Sony and Nintendo consoles so this new machine is a opportunity for them to get some sweet revenge :P , they will for sure make their Tegra 3 GPU be competitive, they are very interested on the success of this new console.

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:18 PM   #42
Nosferatu

Square Enix announces Final Fantasy III port to Ouya

While FF is already available on Android, it's nice to see major publisher supporting Ouya.
Keep'em coming!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:11 AM   #43
Nosferatu

XBMC and Ouya team up on integrated Android media center
The team behind XBMC — the iconic cross-platform, open source media center which recently made its way on to Android — will receive early access to prototypes of the much-anticipated Ouya games console, making sure that the app provides a smooth experience on the platform. The two organizations claim a natural affinity based on their shared reliance on Google's open source operating system. According to a joint announcement posted on the XBMC blog and Ouya's Kickstarter page this morning, "many of Team Ouya support XBMC, and nearly a third of Team XBMC members are Ouya backers."
Old Aug 7, 2012, 01:29 PM   #44
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

This might make me change my mind. 30 hours left to decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
The X360 and the PS3 only have 512 and look what they can do. Also Nvidia lost for AMD the inclusion of a GPU on the new MS, Sony and Nintendo consoles so this new machine is a opportunity for them to get some sweet revenge :P , they will for sure make their Tegra 3 GPU be competitive, they are very interested on the success of this new console.
Thats a question of if the games will be run entirely outside of the VM and the entire Android part of the console will vacate the console when a "native" game is loaded up.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:14 PM   #45
painkiller
Rage3D Veteran

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

News about XBMC made me instantly pledge for one. This is an amazing project, no open project to date have gone even close to what they are about achieve. There seems to be quite a demand for the device only today they have gotten over 100 000$ in pledges and they are way over their goal making it one of the most pledged projects on kickstarter.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:26 PM   #46
Tizen
Custom User Title

8 hours left.

Pledged Damn it.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:44 PM   #47
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

It would be nice if the OUYA was targeting the highend with two Tegra3 processors with 2GB of ram all on one tiny board.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 04:55 PM   #48
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Whore

Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

they just announced Plex support as well as the XBMC support. This device is now going to be a media streaming beast.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2012, 04:58 PM   #49
Tizen
Custom User Title

We will see if they ever make it in one years time
Old Aug 9, 2012, 07:24 PM   #50
SubCog
Rage3D Spammer

SubCog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySubCog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisti View Post
We will see if they ever make it in one years time
they will. A tegra3 computer is absolutely a cinch to manufacture. There's lots of things that can go wrong with this project, but release date won't be one of them.

deskt0p: 3.5ghz fx6300 - Radeon 6850 - 8 gigs memory

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m

Just finished: Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Sonic Generations
Currently playing: Crysis1, UT2k4, Remake Quake

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:31 PM   #51
Tizen
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
they will. A tegra3 computer is absolutely a cinch to manufacture. There's lots of things that can go wrong with this project, but release date won't be one of them.
Its the other things I'm worried about.

Also, I'm hopeful for a slight spec bump with all the cash they have now and the more massive volume ordering of components should give them a bit more negotiating power
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:35 PM   #52
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Whore

Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Gandalfthewhite once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

they have publicaly stated the only hardware change that they plan is to add an ethernet port.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:54 AM   #53
Tizen
Custom User Title

We will see Doesn't mean I'm expecting the bump, would be a nice surprise.