Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pcwood
over there now...

pcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default Celestial fireworks soon?

This could look *very* cool, if you can see it from wherever you live...
http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...r-the-4th?lite

Quote:
The sun sent out a flare powerful enough to disrupt radio communications over Europe today, along with an eruption of electrically charged particles that just might sweep past Earth's magnetic field in time to spark a Fourth of July show of auroral fireworks.

The M5.6-class solar flare, observed by NASA's Solar Dynamic Observatory at 6:52 a.m. ET (10:52 GMT), was almost powerful enough to cross over from the medium M-class category to an extreme X-class event, SpaceWeather.com's Tony Phillips noted. "A pulse of X-rays and UV radiation from the flare illuminated Earth's upper atmosphere, producing waves of ionization over Europe," he wrote.
If I understand the article correctly, this would generally mean increased activity of the northern and southern lights. I've only gotten good 'real time' views of them 3 or 4 times. It's a sight worth beholding.
pcwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:16 PM   #2
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Doubt they would make an appearance this far south... oh well...

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:53 PM   #3
bob saget
Kick the baby!

bob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

What's mind blowing is that these "flares" are often longer than many Earths side by side.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:10 PM   #4
pcwood
over there now...

pcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
What's mind blowing is that these "flares" are often longer than many Earths side by side.
Do you have any decent camera equipment bob? You should be able to get quite a good view from way up thar....
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:19 PM   #5
bob saget
Kick the baby!

bob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsbob saget glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
Do you have any decent camera equipment bob? You should be able to get quite a good view from way up thar....
Imagine the greyest, most cloudy sky possible. And then multiply that by 10. I will not be watching anything unfortunately However it IS good weather for playing video games
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:21 PM   #6
pcwood
over there now...

Quote:
Imagine the greyest, most cloudy sky possible. And then multiply that by 10. I will not be watching anything unfortunately However it IS good weather for playing video games
LoL, I saw that.

We're supposed to be thunderstormy here...so it's either video games or "time" with the lovely wife...

dang the bad luck....
Old Jul 4, 2012, 01:29 AM   #7
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Supposed to be clear tomorrow, so we may get lucky

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 8Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - 120GiB HD Samsung 840 -
3TiB Seagate Expansion (USB 3.0 external) - PowerColor Radeon R7 260x TurboDuo - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 8.1 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 02:09 AM   #8
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete strangerTrunks0 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Well I havn't seen anything, anyone else?

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 8Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - 120GiB HD Samsung 840 -
3TiB Seagate Expansion (USB 3.0 external) - PowerColor Radeon R7 260x TurboDuo - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 8.1 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 05:01 AM   #9
pcwood
over there now...

Nothing here.

Wants mah money back....