Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old May 31, 2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Next Gears of War to be unveiled at E3

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...rs-of-war.aspx

Usually, we like to reveal the name and final cover art for our upcoming issue's cover story the Thursday before it hits subscribers. This time we're saving the full unveiling of the game's title until Monday during Microsoft's E3 press conference, but we can confirm that our next cover is the new installment in the Gears of War series and is coming to Xbox 360. We figure this news and a glimpse of the shrouded Gears of War cover are least some consolation, as the image raises some interesting questions: Who is in chains, and where?
Take your time trying to decipher clues about the next game in the Gears of War universe, and check back on Monday when we fully pull back the curtain on both (yes, we said "both") of our covers. Also waiting for you on Monday is a teaser trailer jammed with sneak peeks at our month of online Gears of War coverage. As always, you can learn more about Epic's new game in the following weeks with a wealth of online videos, articles, and interviews that will populate our upcoming Gears of War hub, including an exclusive and extensive first look here at Game Informer that hits Monday morning. You don't want to miss it.

Did not expect this!
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 04:03 PM   #2
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamar View Post

Did not expect this!
You didnt expect milking of a franchise? All you have to do is look at its main competitor(halo) and expect the same.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

I hope its for the next gen xbox.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 31, 2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
You didnt expect milking of a franchise? All you have to do is look at its main competitor(halo) and expect the same.
I think Epic has done a fine job with Gears. I look forward to the next one. Just didn't expect to hear about it so soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I hope its for the next gen xbox.
Xbox 360.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 10:43 PM   #5
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

As long as it makes sense there's nothing wrong with a long running franchise. Hell Ultima had 9 games and only the last one was a real turd. I liked 8 but can see why many didn't.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:45 AM   #6
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English Channel

This is great news and a surprise. Day 1 purchase for me
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2012, 01:07 PM   #7
Mangler
BUY CALL OF DUTY!

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

Looks like people can fly is the developer of this game.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I think Epic has done a fine job with Gears. I look forward to the next one. Just didn't expect to hear about it so soon.

Xbox 360.
same here. I thought it would be at least till 2013 and then they'd announce a Gears RTS
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:46 AM   #9
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English Channel

So I hear that gays be bonin this game already? What is that about?
Also any pirate reviews? Game dope or wha?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:09 AM   #10
pcwood
over there now...

pcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

Xbox 360.
This. Just picked up (finally) an Xbox 360 this past Friday and have been working my way through GoW2 and already have Gow3 on the hdd

Nice to know there's plenty more Gears goodness after I'm done with these.

EDIT: Just realized date of the OP

Last edited by pcwood : Feb 25, 2013 at 09:46 AM.
pcwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:04 PM   #11
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So I hear that gays be bonin this game already? What is that about?
Also any pirate reviews? Game dope or wha?
If I had to represent R3D with one post.. this.

Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:26 AM   #12
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
IGN Live Presents: Gears of War: Judgment
Starts at 10am pacific. Thirty minutes of single-player, and lots of multiplayer action. Giving away free copies via twitter while live.

Archived
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...f-war-judgment

Quote:
I refuse to take any environmentalist seriously if they aren't a vegetarian.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Mar 17, 2013 at 02:54 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:18 PM   #13
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Liking the game so far. Classified missions add a decent challenge. Overall game is quite dope. The graphics are phenomenal. Also came with Xbox code for gears of war that I can't get since the game doesn't seem to be of my region.

Overall seems like game will be epic.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 02:54 AM   #14
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Liking the game so far. Classified missions add a decent challenge. Overall game is quite dope. The graphics are phenomenal. Also came with Xbox code for gears of war that I can't get since the game doesn't seem to be of my region.

Overall seems like game will be epic.
Wonder if the whole game is basically a series of flashbacks?

Quote:
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:25 AM   #15
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Wonder if the whole game is basically a series of flashbacks?
It is since all 4 of them have their testimonys. And then, there is one more act it seems. The graphics are absolutely dope in this one imo. Lighting has improved quite a lot compared to the previous versions. Also I find much less shimmering without AA in UE3 engine as opposed to previous iterations of the game. This is one set of games that I definitely wanted to be on PC

The MP alone is worth it. Dungeon want a round of co op sometime later? If you or anyone else is up for it then I will get Live sub.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 02:14 AM   #16
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Weekend can't come soon enough. I am having Gears of War withdrawals...
Old Mar 18, 2013, 07:44 AM   #17
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My local Target started selling the game on Saturday. I almost picked it up. I pre-ordered it form Amazon a couple weeks ago. I'm just going to wait for that since it includes some skins and other free DLC crap.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:53 PM   #18
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

9.2 from the happy people at IGN.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:03 AM   #19
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

game arriving via post today

Quote:
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:14 AM   #20
pcwood
over there now...

pcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-repperspcwood has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Decided I'm grabbing this too. I'm way too hooked on the GoW universe to let this one wait.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:37 AM   #21
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Mine should be here today too.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 03:44 PM   #22
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Started playing know seriously. Game is too much horde mode in the beginning. Graphics are fantastic and so is gunplay but story seems a little weak. The declassified missions are a neat twist and add to the challenge. Highly recommend on playing at hardcore since normal is too easy.

Thus far 8.5/10. Can't have too much gears
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:58 PM   #23
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Gspot gave it a 7.5/10. Wtf? I don't know what is up with Gspot these days but this could be a way to attract more traffic.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:04 PM   #24
Mangler
BUY CALL OF DUTY!

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

Probably because of the barebones mp, the game only has 4 maps for the most popular game types, and they removed horde mode.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:50 PM   #25
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Maybe, but there is a season pass so it will get more maps. However, they didn't explain that 7.5 was because of this, atleast not properly.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:16 AM   #26
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Well finally was able to change my X360 account to United Arab Emirates. This allowed me to redeem the Gears of War code. It is amazing how much fun Gears of War still is to this day. Tried playing that and now back to Gears of War Judgement. Loving every minute of it. Graphics on X360 have come a very long way since original Gears. Playing both back to back showed noticeable differences.

Entered Sofia's testimony and game doesn't let up. Playing on hardcore and not missing a single classified crap. 9/10.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:58 AM   #27
pcwood
over there now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Probably because of the barebones mp, the game only has 4 maps for the most popular game types, and they removed horde mode.
Seems like horde mode is part of SP now. Played a couple of hours the other night and haven't touched it since. Feeling like I wasted my money so far.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 08:37 AM   #28
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Why? The game is exactly like the previous installments? I know Marcus had more character but the team of four is still very good and the OMGRAFIX are awesome.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:17 AM   #29
pcwood
over there now...

It just feels stale so far. More of the same from the first 3 (which isn't all bad) with more enemies thrown at you.

I don't like the scoring program at all. Just give me straight, plain combat, game play and story....any CoD looking bs at all just ruins it for me.

I really, REALLY want to like this one as much as I do the others - it just won't come together for me though.

Heck, I bought my xbox a few weeks ago just for Gears and Halo almost exclusively....
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:22 AM   #30
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

I can understand that. I hope you are playing hardcore since any difficulty other than that is bullshits. The story is cool though and overall the gunplay has been improved quite significantly. Maybe I am feeling this since I just played a few chapters in the original gears and found the gunplay in that a bit annoying, especially the lancer sucks cock in the original gears.

Overall, I find the smaller sections a bit annoying but the challenge is great and I loved horde mode. The stars/points are not as annoying as say Farcry 3 or some of the other games I have played this year. Give it a chance, the game is worth the time imo.