Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old May 17, 2012, 10:29 PM   #811
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

the Xbar interface was fine. i hate this new one.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 10:34 PM   #812
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
the Xbar interface was fine. i hate this new one.
I thought the crossbar interface was needlessly complex for certain tasks such as watching movies on my server, but it was at least decent enough. The Vita interface is a total pile though as far as the icons and main pages are concerned. The way the blades are handled for open processes aren't bad, nor ate the ways that updates and app information are handled per blade.

Also, they seriously need to ****ing figure out how to run the web browser at the same time as games. That is tremendously pathetic on their part. I go to look up classes for Tactics Ogre, but NO, I have to close the damned game first. ****ers.
Old May 18, 2012, 08:58 PM   #813
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
I thought the crossbar interface was needlessly complex for certain tasks such as watching movies on my server, but it was at least decent enough. The Vita interface is a total pile though as far as the icons and main pages are concerned. The way the blades are handled for open processes aren't bad, nor ate the ways that updates and app information are handled per blade.

Also, they seriously need to ****ing figure out how to run the web browser at the same time as games. That is tremendously pathetic on their part. I go to look up classes for Tactics Ogre, but NO, I have to close the damned game first. ****ers.
I like the "pages" but I dont like that you have to hit an extra button after you go to each page to get stuff done.

I also don't like the layout and the way that all the tiles are in my face all the time like a damn pog collection in a frame
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 24, 2012, 04:36 AM   #814
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Resistance is already out in Hongkong..
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 05:38 AM   #815
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

resistnace looks so meh to be honest

can i say this is just another iphone fps game....
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 03:26 PM   #816
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

It definitely looks kind of bad.. I have to see the game first hand though. But from what I can tell its pretty meh.

Demo before I buy for sure....hopefully they release the demo the same day the game releases(officially)

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 01:30 AM   #817
Chubz
It's a strange condition.

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Resistance looks bad indeed. I'm still probably foolish enough to pick it up on day one, though, just because I really want a new Vita game.

On the bright side, Gravity Rush is arriving here in just a few weeks and it already has a 86% average on Metacritic!

I think it's kind of funny that Gravity Rush is seeing tons of reviews whereas Resistance, which is now just a few days away, still has none. Review embargoes suck. I don't see it averaging above 65 or 70%.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 01:40 AM   #818
pahncrd

Subscriber

Old May 25, 2012, 01:40 AM   #819
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Resistance looks bad indeed. I'm still probably foolish enough to pick it up on day one, though, just because I really want a new Vita game.

On the bright side, Gravity Rush is arriving here in just a few weeks and it already has a 86% average on Metacritic!

I think it's kind of funny that Gravity Rush is seeing tons of reviews whereas Resistance, which is now just a few days away, still has none. Review embargoes suck. I don't see it averaging above 65 or 70%.
I have already made my mind up on Gravity Rush. Its the kind of game I am looking for on the Vita and regardless of what the scores say I am going to pick it up. I played the demo in stores and although it could use some AA it seems like a nice game.

Resistance on the other hand doesnt look like its going to live up to its name. I think the embargo for the reviews on Resistance will end right on the day its going to be released cause they know they are going to get mediocre scores from review sites. I agree with the 60-70% score grading.. I think thats where it will land. I also dont see a demo coming out till like 2-3 weeks after the game has been released.

I am starving for a new game on my Vita too, but I am not about to drop 40 on Resistance just because its coming out. My money needs to go towards games that actually deserve it.

Old May 25, 2012, 03:23 AM   #820
Renocide
Rage3D Veteran

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

I admit that this doesn't look as good as I would have liked but it's still the first FPS on the system and it will have proper multiplayer so I'm getting it day one.

I read in an interview that the team building the game started on the software before even knowing anything about the Vita or it's specs. They were told half way through about the Vita and what it had inside. With that kind of setup I figured it was going to have some rough edges.

Of course we are seeing it recorded from a phone or camcorder and it will surely look better than that when you actually have it in front of you.
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 04:00 AM   #821
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

It's not going to get much better. What we see is what we'll get most likely. I understand that it's the first FPS on the system but that does not warrant a buy from me. I'll wait for something of better quality to come out and I'll consider that the first real FPS. The only way I am getting this game is if the demo(when it comes out) wows me like crazy.

Old May 25, 2012, 05:36 AM   #822
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

In other news, Rayman Origins has the best 2D graphics of any portable game ever!
Old May 25, 2012, 02:18 PM   #823
pahncrd

Subscriber

I'm thinking about trading my Vita for a used iphone 4. The iPhone 4 has way better games.
Old May 25, 2012, 02:19 PM   #824
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Quote:
I'm thinking about trading my Vita for a used iphone 4. The iPhone 4 has way better games.

Srs? Or trolling?

Old May 25, 2012, 02:38 PM   #825
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

Srs? Or trolling?
Can't it be both? I keep borrowing my wife's ipod touch so I have something to play. Kind of sad.
Old May 25, 2012, 02:49 PM   #826
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Quote:
Can't it be both? I keep borrowing my wife's ipod touch so I have something to play. Kind of sad.
Well we have the gravity rush and resistance demos confirmed to come out this week on the PSN update... you'll have something to try/

Old May 25, 2012, 03:17 PM   #827
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Well we have the gravity rush and resistance demos confirmed to come out this week on the PSN update... you'll have something to try/
Well good. Vita needs more tower defense though.
Old May 25, 2012, 03:38 PM   #828
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Sly cooper if youre into that:

Old May 25, 2012, 03:39 PM   #829
pahncrd

Subscriber

That's not tower defense.
Old May 25, 2012, 03:45 PM   #830
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Quote:
That's not tower defense.
Its all I got for now

The pixeljunk games need to be ported to the Vita.. I think a few of those are tower defense type games. I am sure they will come around in time. I think Sony needs to do the whole Apple thing and let smaller developers sell some smaller games on the PSN for cheap. A game like Geodefense on the iOS would look great on the Vita.

Old May 25, 2012, 09:58 PM   #831
Chubz

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Thumbs down

Burning Skies impressions from a GameFAQs user who got the game early:

Quote:
After playing for about 20 minutes I have to say, it's really, really bad. Everything from the visuals, to the shooting mechanics, to the touch controls. It's all crap. I'm not going to judge the entire experience based on my first 20 minutes, but my expectations are rock bottom.

The visuals are jaggy and environments are barren. Dead bodies disappear in the blink of an eye after they fall to the ground. The touch controls suck because more often than not you need to drag your finger across the screen while you're being shot at and this prevents you from moving the camera effectively. The frame rate is all over the place. It's usually 30 fps but if more than 3 chimera are on the screen it bogs down considerably. Music is very sparse and only seems to be present during the more heated firefights. One nice thing to note; there haven't been any loading screens as of yet. They seem to disguise them during cutscenes.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:41 PM   #832
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Thats definitely how the videos looked and probably how it actually is. Are you going to get it Chubz?

Old May 25, 2012, 10:44 PM   #833
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Thats definitely how the videos looked and probably how it actually is. Are you going to get it Chubz?

How come devs can do better with the iPad 2 that has roughly half the performance?

Crappy tools maybe?
Old May 25, 2012, 11:48 PM   #834
Chubz

Quote:
Are you going to get it Chubz?
Unfortunately, I still plan to.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:37 AM   #835
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Unfortunately, I still plan to.
Son, I am disappoint.

Old May 28, 2012, 04:21 PM   #836
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

coming to Vita:

Ghost Recon: Final Mission

AC III

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=7403

I hope the AC III is great and not like that shitty PSP version of AC
Old May 28, 2012, 04:27 PM   #837
Chubz

I'm being pushed closer and closer to deciding not to get Burning Skies.

Destructoid Review 2/10

Resistance: Burning Skies may hope that its flaws are overlooked due to the novelty of being the Vita's first FPS, but even with nothing on the system to directly compare it to, any fool could see just how pathetic this game is. The best that can be said is that the shooting itself is fairly competent. It works. However, it works in a pedestrian and insignificant little game that seems as if it was desperately rushed in order to meet a deadline.

If, like me, you've been waiting to see how a first-person shooter feels on the Vita, then I can say that this game proves the potential of the genre. However, if you'd like your first Vita FPS to actually be good, then wait for something else, because Resistance: Burning Skies is far from acceptable. It is visually atrocious, interactively vapid and incomplete to a degree that a full retail price is an insult. It's tempting to buy this just to have something new on the system, but good things come to those that wait, and it's hard to imagine anything not being good compared to this mess.
Old May 28, 2012, 04:48 PM   #838
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

I think that score is ridiculously low... Maybe trying to drum up some news for the site. It's bad from what it seems but a 2?

I think I would only get this game because it seems like an easy platinum.

Old May 28, 2012, 05:24 PM   #839
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
I think that score is ridiculously low... Maybe trying to drum up some news for the site. It's bad from what it seems but a 2?

I think I would only get this game because it seems like an easy platinum.
Indeed, a 2/10 seems very unlikely. That would mean that it is nigh unplayable, which I doubt. Chances are that it is just mediocre.
Old May 28, 2012, 05:32 PM   #840
SubCog
Rage3D Spammer

SubCog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySubCog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I want ut2k4 for vita.

deskt0p: 3.5ghz fx6300 - Radeon 6850 - 8 gigs memory

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m

Just finished: Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Sonic Generations
Currently playing: Crysis1, UT2k4, Remake Quake

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850