Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

"

Old May 12, 2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FX-Overclocking
Rage3D Spammer

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Thumbs down Droid 4 now buggy as shat, never buying another Motorola phone again :(

My Droid 4 is now suffering MAJOR bugginess.

It is getting phantom key pressing, occasional screen insensitivity, crunchy sounding calls, and screen touch inaccuracy.

I had a Motorola Droid 1 as my first smart phone and it had this EXACT type of issue. Then I got a Motorola Droid Razr which has LCD pixels burst from flexing while in my pocket (they were dumb enough to make the phone out of kevlar), and now THIS.

I'm going to have to go through all the BS with Verizon to get it sent in now. Screw Motorola, seriously.

The day the next iPhone is out I'm buying one.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Sounds like you just treat your phones like crap dude.

Also, the RAZR is not made out of Kevlar, it's made from diamond cut aluminum. The Kevlar piece is decoration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHere View Post
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Did you get doggystyled over a pool table again?

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 12, 2012, 04:34 PM   #4
Whiny Mooch

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

• Dirty touch screen
  • Poor reception
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 04:38 PM   #5
kytprice
Rage3D Veteran

kytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled with

I have owned the original Droid, Droid 2, two Droid X and a Droid X2 my current phone. And I have never had a problem with any of them. Or a HTC Android phone for that matter
Eris, Incredible, Thunderbolt. Sure the Eris was a dog but it was OK when it was released.
Maybe I'm just lucky.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Motorola makes some seriously rugged phones yet FX finds a way to break every single one he touches. An iPhone won't solve your problems, treating your phone better will.
Quote:
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Old May 12, 2012, 09:20 PM   #7
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete strangernycdarkness once held a door open for a complete stranger

10 bucks says the glass breaks on him on day 1 on the iphone

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 12:50 AM   #8
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This is like the fifth thread I've seen about you hating your phone, just get rid of the damn thing already.

X3350 (3.6GHZ)|4GB of GSkill|500GB + 320GB SATA|ECS GTX 580 |Abit IP35 Pro|Windows 7 64 Ultimate

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 01:30 AM   #9
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Omega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshOmega53 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
10 bucks says the glass breaks on him on day 1 on the iphone
Not if he buys an otterbox with it
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 02:47 AM   #10
FX-Overclocking
Rage3D Spammer

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Motorola makes some seriously rugged phones yet FX finds a way to break every single one he touches. An iPhone won't solve your problems, treating your phone better will.
Never dropped, scratched it nor used it while eating chicken. It is a P.O.S. and the screen thing is a well known Motorola bug in the Droid series.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old May 13, 2012, 07:54 AM   #11
Whiny Mooch

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Never dropped, scratched it nor used it while eating chicken. It is a P.O.S. and the screen thing is a well known Motorola bug in the Droid series.
Why did you buy a phone with a well known bug?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 08:22 AM   #12
kytprice
Rage3D Veteran

kytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled with

Have you tried a complete wipe/reset? Sometimes a custom Rom gives better user service. I am baffled I have had Droids from the start and never had a problem. I like HTC but all in all Motorola have always seemed a little tougher. A Rom can address all of your screen issues it may not be hardware. You could try something else. Or not.

Last edited by kytprice : May 13, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old May 13, 2012, 08:27 AM   #13
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
My OG Droid is still going strong, had it since 09. When you break every phone you've had its time to admit you have a problem.

I've also had a Droid X, my mom and a good friend of mine own the Bionic, another friend owns a RAZR Maxx and none have ever had this "well known" screen issue. I've never even heard of it.
Quote:

Last edited by Elysian : May 13, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old May 13, 2012, 08:37 AM   #14
kytprice
Rage3D Veteran

Check over at XDA looks like the ROM to get is eclipse1.3.8. Appears to be very solid. Just a thought.
Old May 13, 2012, 02:39 PM   #15
FX-Overclocking
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Why did you buy a phone with a well known bug?
Got it practically the day it launched. Didn't know about it

Old May 13, 2012, 05:49 PM   #16
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

quit beating the **** outta your phone. I've had two Motos and so far both survived my abuse. I had a Krazr which died because I chose to have it die and I now have a Droid 2 which has gotten it's ass kicked pretty hard too and it's still going strong.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 06:48 PM   #17
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

My Droid 2 is a champ, and it's definitely taken some abuse but keeps on chugging. I'm sorry FX, but either you are too hard on your phones, or you're just incredibly unlucky.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 06:52 PM   #18
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

My cousin managed to break 2 or 3 OG Droids, it was apparent he beat the crap out of them. He has a D2G now and it's held up well but it's also apparent he beats the crap out of it, it looks like its one drop away from death.
Quote:
Old May 14, 2012, 12:31 AM   #19
FX-Overclocking
Rage3D Spammer

Got a funny update, a friend of mine who has a Droid Razr had the EXACT same thing happen to t as happened to mine. Had it in his pocket and light weight of his body burst the screen. Flexed just like mine did lol.

Anyway, I'd like to be clear. I have absolutely babied this Droid 4. Not one drop, bounce, scratch, nor drop of water. Seems like a software thing to me... maybe Motoblur related, who knows. But it's buggy.

Old May 14, 2012, 01:27 AM   #20
Apocalypsee
Rage3D Veteran

Apocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The Kevlar is pretty flexible so the only thing that protects it is the glass. What you need is hard shell casing. I'm using this with my Razr, no problem whatsoever. Its only slightly thicker (10.1mm at its thickest) but the case is rock solid and having zero problems with it even when putting in tight jeans
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2012, 08:42 PM   #21
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/16/m...a-droid-4-ics/

If it really is software (which I doubt) then you may have ICS soon.
Quote:
Old May 16, 2012, 11:47 PM   #22
FX-Overclocking
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/16/m...a-droid-4-ics/

If it really is software (which I doubt) then you may have ICS soon.
Nice! I may end up sending it in for a replacement before then lol, but still that is good news.

Old May 17, 2012, 03:06 AM   #23
painkiller
Rage3D Veteran

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

It is Android what did you expect? You'd be suprised to know what kind of **** Samsung puts out and people rush to buy them. I have Galaxy Note and almost every day it wants me to throw it against a concrete wall. Since the last ICS update battery usage has gone from bad to ****. Before the update I managed to go 36-46h with one charge now it barely lasts 10h. Input lag on Android is horrible doesn't really matter how much power you have under the hood when single core Windows Phones, iPhone 4 and Nokia N9 outperforms them in daily tasks and UI smoothness. Heck I had 9 months uptime in my Nokia N900 when I traded it in for Galaxy Note and now I barely get my Note running a week without slowing down remarkably and different kinds of bugs appearing like GPS suddenly loosing signal and instantly getting it back.
Old May 17, 2012, 03:08 PM   #24
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Load a custom ROM

But not right now though, ICS rooted kernels for Note have some issues which 100% brick devices.
When Sammy releases the kernel source I can look forward to 3-4 day battery life again At 2 days currently.

Painkiller, if it lasts 10 hours, grab "CPU Spy" from the market and check the gauges. I suspect your note isn't going into deep sleep. Factory reset and reinstalling apps would probably solve it