Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old May 13, 2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
t0adp1p3
Rage3D Veteran

t0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Resistance 3 a highly underrated game

Just finished playing resistance 1,2,and 3 as well as killzone 2 and 3. All I can say is after playing the likes of the halo's and cod's resistance 3 is better than all of them by a long shot. I had more fun in this game and it's weapons than crysis 2, half life 2, and just about another recent shooter. It is phenomenal. Smart A.I., great voice acting, cohesive story and pretty decent graphics with some really impressive set pieces. Even No regenerative health! It has it all, the only downside is I honestly hate playing shooters on a Console, but once I got over the learning curve it was a blast. Do not undrrstand the reviews this game has gotten as it blows most AAA tiles out of the water with its single player camapign. It's no system shock 2 or half life 1, but it is definitely a great game.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 12:53 PM   #2
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Half Life 2 wasn't a recent game...
I still need to bone Resistance games. I have them all but never got around to finishing them...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAkumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have all three Resistance games... beaten the first two and played them online... I got R3 with the Sharpshooter and Killzone 3 which I already had with the Helghast Edition but Bestbuy was selling it for $99 dolla...

I traded in my second copy of Killzone 3 and then regretted doing that... I should have just gifted it to a friend... poor kid only plays CoD and found Battlefield 3 weird.

Helghast... till the end of days!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ52epZ6nWw Gaming Crisis!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNu_-deVemE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp9SQduS_r0 Why u mad tho?
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 2, 2012, 01:50 PM   #4
Renocide
Rage3D Veteran

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Replaying it now and I have to agree. It really is an amazing game!
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2012, 02:55 PM   #5
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAkumajo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

yeah specially RFoM when you get to the later parts, it gets creepy...

Then R2 when the Grims start coming its so awesome... the online I tried it but I did not spend much time since I really don't play online but I am getting ready to start up Resistance 3 pretty soon.

Helghast... till the end of days!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ52epZ6nWw Gaming Crisis!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNu_-deVemE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp9SQduS_r0 Why u mad tho?
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:58 PM   #6
pcwood
over there now...

pcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

necro_bump

Just got Resistance 1, 2 and 3 for 6 bucks.

Needed something to get me away from Demons and Dark souls games.
pcwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 01:48 PM   #7
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I still haven't finished Resistance 1. That game is ****ing long dammit!
Then I have Resistance 2 and 3 to bone.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 02:20 PM   #8
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Fuku2 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I still haven't finished Resistance 1. That game is ****ing long dammit!
Then I have Resistance 2 and 3 to bone.
I haven't either.
So many PS3 games left untouched. (30+)
I haven't even played God Of War III.
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 02:28 PM   #9
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Yes, next up on my list is God of War Ascension. However, I have finished more games on PS3 than X360 so it does gets playthroughs. However, some of the big name games I haven't finished are Resistance games, MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII and a couple more that I don't remember.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 06:04 PM   #10
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

find a friend so you can play Resistance 1 on the same console with split screen.... one of the best co-ops for this gen consoles and also a really great game. I love the guns and the controls as well the story and the enemies.

Resistance 2 however felt shorter compared to Resistance 1. not as good as Resistance 1 but still good.

I have Resistance 3 but I have not played it yet. I need to finish Battlefield 3 on PS3 first and few other games before I jump to Resistance 3.
too many damn games to play that I should probably cancel my PS4 pre-order
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 06:09 PM   #11
t0adp1p3
Rage3D Veteran

t0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right't0adp1p3 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm just now playing infamous. It looks like crap but it's pretty fun. Kind of want to finish both of em before infamous 3 comes out. Those and GOW ascension is all I really want to still play from the PS3 exclusives, I think I have played everything else but heavy rain, MGS, and FF and those games don't interest me at all. This system was pretty great for exclusives, was well worth the couple hundred it cost.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 06:43 PM   #12
pcwood
over there now...

pcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselpcwood exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Having a good time with Resistance 1. Solid mindless shoot em up, decent weapons, enemies and smooth gameplay. Glad I got the games.

@nomore - would love to do split screen co-op - but everyone else I know has an xbox
Old Oct 7, 2013, 07:57 PM   #13
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
I'm just now playing infamous. It looks like crap but it's pretty fun. Kind of want to finish both of em before infamous 3 comes out. Those and GOW ascension is all I really want to still play from the PS3 exclusives, I think I have played everything else but heavy rain, MGS, and FF and those games don't interest me at all. This system was pretty great for exclusives, was well worth the couple hundred it cost.
about infamous 1, as much as I liked it, the second half of Infamous 1 is actually a lot better than the first half.
once you come to the second half, it feels like a much smooth experience and missions and level designs are much better and there is almost non-stop action.
some of that is also due the fact, you power up almost completely close to the second half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
@nomore - would love to do split screen co-op - but everyone else I know has an xbox
They all Suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2013, 06:44 AM   #14
pcwood
over there now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post

They all Suck
Having a good old time with R1 - some really good run n gun type combat in this game.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 08:35 AM   #15
pcwood
over there now...

Just finished the first one. 30 chapters, but some are really short. Great fun.

About an hour into 2, and while the control changes feel a bit more awkward, it isn't a let down at all.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 03:46 PM   #16
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Played all three, didn't finish any. Wait for it...CAUSE I SUCK WITH A CONTROLLER
Old Oct 11, 2013, 03:49 AM   #17
pcwood
over there now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Played all three, didn't finish any. Wait for it...CAUSE I SUCK WITH A CONTROLLER
I feel your pain. Took me a long time to get used to it. Worth it though.