Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old May 9, 2012, 11:20 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Omega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled with

Im going to be on at 12:45 if anyone wants to meet up
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 04:04 AM   #122
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

theshadowcult can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultytheshadowcult can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Where all the aussies at?

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 05:38 AM   #123
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Well, finally had a successful play session. Me and a friend somehow managed to survive about 4-5 hours till he made one fateful mistake. Apparently the broken chopper in the airfield, if you get into the gunner's seat it instant kills you. Pretty disappointing end, but we did good despite being spawned on completely different sides of the map.

After I having spawned in Kamenka and him near Solinchniy, we decided to meet between our two points in Mogilevka. I lucked out, on my way there I stumbled upon a grizzly site of 4-5 dead guys. All of them had great gear:

I was getting a little nervous looting them, it was taking me awhile to go through their stuff and in the back of my mind I kept wondering how these guys could have possibly died given their gear.

I managed to walk away with an Alice pack, map, compass, watch, revolved (full ammo) and a Lee something rifle (like 13 ammo lol) as well as a whole host of other goodies. I could have stayed their longer going through and organizing, but like I said... I had a bad feeling in my stomach so decided to leave early. Never know who is watching, or if those guys are coming back to their dead bodies.

My friend and I met up successfully and meandered to Stary Sobor, which so far is the best spot to get loot for us. They have a military encampment up on the hill that has some high powered weaponry. I walked away with an AK-74 and him a M4A1:

I did end up killing a man in Stary Sobor. He wasn't a bandit, but he was making his way towards us. I decided to play it safe and end him. Probably was just some guy trying to play the game, but I've been gunned down enough to not trust anyone. I did end up becoming a bandit after that kill though. After that though, we began making our way to the airfield:

My friend decided to poll the chatroom and see who was there before we went in. Several people said they were and asking if we were friendly, we said we were but we weren't about to trust anyone. We snuck our way in before someone said that we were bandits, but reported our direction of approach wrong. (I later found the bandits they were talking about killed. They thought we were them). The airfield was actually pretty bare. We were doing okay though till my friend decided to jump in this:

Learn from us: DO NOT GET IN THIS TILL IT IS REPAIRED. IT WILL KILL YOU DEAD. After he died we both kind of lost interest and stopped.

Pretty damn fun game though. It needs more polish, but the mechanics in play are great. I hope to see a full fledged game like this some day. One specifically made for this style of play. I'd recommend it to anyone though.. you just got to survive that first hour and you'll be having fun.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 10, 2012, 08:40 AM   #124
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

CoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yea the gray downed chopper has a bug that activates an anti cheat system to auto kill anyone who tries getting into it the dev posted a notice about it in the forums so be careful.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 09:20 AM   #125
dreamwalker
friendly?

dreamwalker can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydreamwalker can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This sounds awesome.

Few questions:

1. How many servers are out there?

2. Your 'persistent' character is the same across all servers, but what about the actual in game map. For example, you loot a house, and quit the game. Next game you join another server - will you spawn next to that house, and if so, will that house have stuff in it once again?

3. Likelihood of meeting the same people depends on the server you join?
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 10:12 AM   #126
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
This sounds awesome.

Few questions:

2. Your 'persistent' character is the same across all servers, but what about the actual in game map. For example, you loot a house, and quit the game. Next game you join another server - will you spawn next to that house, and if so, will that house have stuff in it once again?

1) like 30-50, not sure the actual count. Range from 35-64 players. Most are 50 player servers and always 50/50 full.

2) Maybe, if it hasn't been looted by someone else already.

3) Yes, I've run into some of the same people across different servers though. The player base is pretty big but you'll see the same names often.

Intense night last night. Was lone wolfing around 2000-5000 blood. Most of the time scouring for food around 3k. Killed maybe 50 zombies. Found a winchester and immediately got ****ed by a dozen zombies. Blood level went down real low and managed to clear a town out with almost no blood and a trusty winchester. Screen blurry, b/w, shaking the whole time and it was ****ing night time to top it all off. Thankfully i was out in the mainland away from the likes of cherno and elektro. Finally found some painkillers as I journey'd towards the airbase. Screen stopped shaking. camped out in a field and logged for the night.

Got up this morning and logged in for a minute just to check it out. Bleeding, low food and water. bandaged myself. ate and drank. wtf? Now im shaking again, I logged off with about 5800 blood and now i'm back to 3300. What the hell.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 10:43 AM   #127
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

CoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
This sounds awesome.

Few questions:

2: yes your character is persistent across all servers so your items, health, and location will stay the same if you log out of one server and join another, there is only one map at the moment but the loot is based on the server plus the loot is mostly random and respawns after a while anyways.

Items like cars and tents are also server based so if you have a car or tent setup if you join a new server they wont be there but if you rejoin the server you set them up on they will be still there.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:03 AM   #128
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

friend of mine is looking to buy arma2 to play this mod. does anyone know whether this site is legit?

http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/...Arrowhead.html
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 11:32 AM   #129
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

theshadowcult can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultytheshadowcult can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

According to Dwarden, you need Combined Op, not Op Arrow Head

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 11:47 AM   #130
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

i know that. the base game is also available on that site. however, my friend already has arma 2, he only needs arrowhead to play this mod.
Old May 10, 2012, 03:11 PM   #131
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Omega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled withOmega53 is not someone to be trifled with

Im currently at the airfield up north. Found a shotgun with a flashlight on it. I quit cause I had to go to work. I dont know where to go next and I am a bandit as I had to kill someone because I was out of food and water and only had 3 bullets left.
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 10, 2012, 03:23 PM   #132
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English Channel

I'm trying to play but now I keep getting graphical glitches and I REFUSE to play with that bullshit.

I don't know what's causing it. Game was running fine yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio on GTA V View Post
I start feeling like crap after a while - and not just from sitting all day playing video games and not taking care of myself; but this **** always makes me real cynical. I start hating people, hating America, hating life in general. I swear this game slowly starts making me a sociopath.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 03:25 PM   #133
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I'm trying to play but now I keep getting graphical glitches and I REFUSE to play with that bullshit.

Like what? I get an occasional flashing shadow or white dots in the trees, but thats it.
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 10, 2012, 03:39 PM   #134
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:

Some areas or buildings have glitches in them which cause kind of like screen tearing similar to this http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6...7201239db0.jpg, if its the same thing then its not your card dying or a setting in graphics as everyone sees the same thing coming from the same point in the map, when you get close to the point of origin it looks like a model of something got sucked into a mini black hole and is condensed to the point that it causes errors. As far as I know the only fix is a server restart to move the stuck object.
Old May 10, 2012, 04:11 PM   #135
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Nunz you up for playing tomorrow?
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 10, 2012, 05:16 PM   #136
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

woop I went and looted a militarily camp up north got my self loads of stuff then went to meet up with friends and died due to a zombie knocking me out, instantly respawned and found my self standing near where I died with my equipment intact and my dead body carrying duplicated items. I don't really like the idea of taking advantage of a glitch but considering the trek it would take to get back there I'm glad it happened.

The two friends were crawling to my corpse due to both of them having broken legs it was quite funny really.... " I'm coming in to save you guys as I'm the only one with the meds you need, omg!! bang bang bang.. Nitro? you alive?... not any more... I was close enough for them to hear the shots but I would hate to see how long it would have taken them to find my body while crawling and blacking out.

Last edited by CoolNitro : May 10, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:48 PM   #137
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
woop I went and looted a militarily camp up north got my self loads of stuff then went to meet up with friends and died due to a zombie knocking me out, instantly respawned and found my self standing near where I died with my equipment intact and my dead body carrying duplicated items. I don't really like the idea of taking advantage of a glitch but considering the trek it would take to get back there I'm glad it happened.

The two friends were crawling to my corpse due to both of them having broken legs it was quite funny really.... " I'm coming in to save you guys as I'm the only one with the meds you need, omg!! bang bang bang.. Nitro? you alive?... not any more... I was close enough for them to hear the shots but I would hate to see how long it would have taken them to find my body while crawling and blacking out.
I had this happen to me a few times today. I was getting fustrated because every time I would respawn I would respawn with low blood and all my gear, but would imediately faint. I finally decided to just click respawn on the esc menu and it fixed the issue.
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 10, 2012, 09:58 PM   #138
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English Channel

I can play tonight if you want, Omega. I have no classes tomorrow.
Quote:
I start feeling like crap after a while - and not just from sitting all day playing video games and not taking care of myself; but this **** always makes me real cynical. I start hating people, hating America, hating life in general. I swear this game slowly starts making me a sociopath.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:15 PM   #139
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

Quote:
I can play tonight if you want, Omega. I have no classes tomorrow.
ok Ill get on @ 1245 when i get home. Ill get on teamspeak under that same IP.
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 10, 2012, 10:46 PM   #140
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

sounds good.
Quote:
Old May 10, 2012, 11:23 PM   #141
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

just incase... check your PMs omega.
Quote:
Old May 10, 2012, 11:35 PM   #142
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden is still being judged by the masses

we need fix
1. direct channel VON for ranged ingame speech of Yours
2. memory leaks
3. some crashes
4. ladder bugs

DayZ needs fix
exploits (tons of them)
alt+f4 abuse (keep body inside game for 2 minutes)
bugs with helicopter and some vehicles killing you

then we can move on next chapter of features
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 11:39 PM   #143
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

hey dwarden, can you tell me whether that link i posted above is legit?

http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/...Arrowhead.html

i did some googling and some one mentions that the site is an official partner of ubisoft, so it sounds like it might be okay.

Last edited by spindoctor : May 11, 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:22 AM   #144
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards_TiTaNiuM can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
we need fix
1. direct channel VON for ranged ingame speech of Yours
2. memory leaks
3. some crashes
4. ladder bugs

DayZ needs fix
exploits (tons of them)
alt+f4 abuse (keep body inside game for 2 minutes)
bugs with helicopter and some vehicles killing you

then we can move on next chapter of features
don't forget the graphical bugs =/

had the HDR tweaking out on me real bad running through the woods and major texture tearing.

BI should help DayZ get a better character server... joining games sometimes takes upwards of 5+ minutes
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 01:05 AM   #145
Omega53
Trolling like it's 1999

These asshole legion guys were using admin priv to get weapons and other items u can't get in game and hunting players with them. Utter bs.
AMD Driver Issues
Old May 11, 2012, 01:38 AM   #146
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
These asshole legion guys were using admin priv to get weapons and other items u can't get in game and hunting players with them. Utter bs.
aren't all servers in control of the mod creators?
Old May 11, 2012, 03:36 AM   #147
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spawned on the south east coast. went north for a bit to check out the closest town, then i went swimming to the various islands just off the coast. i come back to the main land and decide to fill my water bottle before moving on and then this happens...

somehow i dropped all my **** into the water. couldn't even pick it back up, no matter what i tried. so now i have nothing but my pistol and 3 magazines and i'm forced to head south to elektro to find some stuff. spent a good hour crouching and crawling around the town before i came to this building near the church which had **** tons of gear, blood packs, a winchester and an alice pack. stocked up and started to head north and stopped at the dam over there.

been trying to get to the god damn airfield for days now, but this time i think i'm going to make it. i have more gear than i've ever had in this game so far, and i'm waiting for the night so that i can travel in safety (found a torch as well).
Old May 11, 2012, 03:56 AM   #148
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird sings

lol its mentioned in the guide you posted yourself. OWNED
Old May 11, 2012, 04:11 AM   #149
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

there are a lot of bugs but what can you do? it's still alpha after all. there's a bug where if you climb a ladder with a pistol out, you can fall to your death... but that doesn't mean you're going to avoid ladders. likewise, you need to fill your water bottle, so you just have to hope it doesn't happen.

like i said though, it was for the best. i was forced to go into a very dangerous city but it ended up being very lucrative.
Old May 11, 2012, 07:39 AM   #150
Higgy10
Rage3D Veteran

Higgy10 once held a door open for a complete strangerHiggy10 once held a door open for a complete strangerHiggy10 once held a door open for a complete strangerHiggy10 once held a door open for a complete stranger

maybe a dumb question but where do u put the mod files for the retail version of the game?
CFX 290
24" Samsung LCD x3
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote