Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old May 9, 2012, 05:12 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwardsSasquach can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekBug View Post
Activision could be in violation of the Memorandum of Understanding set between Activision and Infinity Ward by making a CoD game set into the future. MOAR details here:

Activision and IW Loggerheads

I guess we'll see.
Ok that's just ****ing stupid, even for CoD.
So Treyarch wasnt allowed to make anything take place beyond Vietnam because Infinity Ward said so??
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 09:13 PM   #92
TekBug
Radeon HD 6870

TekBug is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Ok that's just ****ing stupid, even for CoD.
So Treyarch wasnt allowed to make anything take place beyond Vietnam because Infinity Ward said so??
If it was part of a MoA that Activision and IW signed, then yes it could be legally standing in court. I know it sounds stupid but if this is an agreement they signed, then Activision could be in some trouble with this... And I'd for months over it too.

As the article states, because Jason West and Vince Zampella left IW, Activision might think that the MoA is now irrelevant. I'm not a lawyer so I do not know the legal standing around that. There is an update to that article and it states this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Update FTFA
Activision responded to this story with the following: “There is no basis for the plaintiffs in the Infinity Ward suit to block the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops II.”
If it were to go to court, I'd suspect that if CoD:BO2 was released, then IW would sue for royalties etc. Either way -->
TekBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 09:26 PM   #93
Omega53
Rage3D = serious business

Omega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Who wouldve thought that CoD would litteraly kill CoD
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 11, 2012, 05:47 AM   #94
Ziklitschli
Rage3D Veteran

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli is still being judged by the masses

Just have tried to play Black Ops, wanted to give Treyarch a chance. I chose the Baykonur mission as I like the look of it. First, there's 5 minutes of walking/ crouching/ pseudo hiding with one possibility to kill which is scripted to deat ofc, closer to QTE than some real playing. More a cutscene than gameplay, the whole start. Then comes some 30 seconds firefight followed by 20 seconds long extremlely scripted blowing up guys with the crossbow and finaly you enter the room through the rope and kill the guys in slow motion House of the Dead style. To help you rest from all the franctic gameplay, devs managed to add two real cutscenes in between, oh and did I mention that I had to restart a checkpoint a few times because of sth like "you failed to follow your team" or some other bs. Only thing that is good is people dying with their legs blown up with a grenade.

Those games are complete crap, interactive propaganda movies and a regress in gaming. Don't want to offend people liking it, maybe such narration works for someone or they get hooked on gfx or sth, anyway this is my opinion.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 05:54 AM   #95
Mangler
Always serious.

Mangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMangler doesn't need no stinkin' badges

People don't buy CoD for the single player campaign.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote