Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old May 8, 2012, 05:22 PM   #751
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chubz
It's a strange condition.

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Default Soul Sacrifice (Vita-exclusive) Teaser Trailer

I'm really looking forward to more information this Thursday!
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 09:40 PM   #752
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

finally a game made for vita. not a port?
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 01:25 AM   #753
Chubz

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
finally a game made for vita. not a port?
Exactly! I can't wait.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 9, 2012, 02:06 AM   #754
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Exactly! I can't wait.
i wouldn't mind ps3 port . but at least give us better graphic than those on mortal komb at or f12011.

it is not funny to see some of the vita game looks worst than those crappy low profile IPHONE game...

Last edited by wc326 : May 9, 2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:04 AM   #755
gamekill
keep gaming!

gamekill is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
it is not funny to see some of the vita game looks worst than those crappy low profile IPHONE game...
True

|| WiiU ::: PS4 ::: PS3 ::: PSVita ::: PSN gamekillbr
||_________________________________________________________
gamekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 12:16 PM   #756
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm excited. From the trailer however, it looks like a God of War type game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 12:21 PM   #757
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
I'm excited. From the trailer however, it looks like a God of War type game.
Nothing wrong with that, though I would love to see a real god of war game on vita.
Old May 9, 2012, 12:30 PM   #758
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Nothing wrong with that, though I would love to see a real god of war game on vita.
Well I am just saying, From Software nailed the Dark Souls concept which is unique in the industry at the moment. And, so far, no one has really been able to do a good God of War clone (Dante I am looking at you!). That's why I'm a little uneasy.
Quote:
Old May 9, 2012, 01:41 PM   #759
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Well I am just saying, From Software nailed the Dark Souls concept which is unique in the industry at the moment. And, so far, no one has really been able to do a good God of War clone (Dante I am looking at you!). That's why I'm a little uneasy.
Fair enough, I didn't realize it was the same company. Dark Souls could easily run on the Vita, I just wish they would port it.
Old May 9, 2012, 03:59 PM   #760
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...s-coming-soon/

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 06:53 PM   #761
Chubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...s-coming-soon/
Excellent! Thanks!
Old May 9, 2012, 08:15 PM   #762
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

thanks for the link!

I would give Modnation Racers Road Trip a 9/10 if not for the abysmal average framerate

Because of the poor framerate, I have to give it a 6.5/10...
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 09:03 PM   #763
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
thanks for the link!

I would give Modnation Racers Road Trip a 9/10 if not for the abysmal average framerate

Because of the poor framerate, I have to give it a 6.5/10...
the framerate is unplayable on the demo.

it was really unplayable, since i was getting massive headache with that kind of laggy framerate

Old May 9, 2012, 09:27 PM   #764
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
the framerate is unplayable on the demo.

it was really unplayable, since i was getting massive headache with that kind of laggy framerate
Most of the time its around 20fps but sometimes it gets way below 20 which is damn near impossible to deal with.

This is the single worst performance I've ever seen on a handheld game.
Old May 10, 2012, 04:54 PM   #765
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Some more information on soul sacrifice.. very interesting stuff. The game is supposed to be really graphic and you use parts of your body to cast spell(sacrifice your eye to use call a gorgon stuff like that)

This game is being made by the guy who created megaman

Video with gameplay and boss battle:

Another video:

Screens:

Last edited by logical : May 10, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:04 PM   #766
pahncrd

Subscriber

That looks pretty awesome!
Old May 10, 2012, 05:48 PM   #767
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

The game looks like it has some sort of coop or online feature as in the first video

Old May 10, 2012, 07:00 PM   #768
Chubz

Holy sh...
Old May 10, 2012, 07:09 PM   #769
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:

omg what is that thing

is that some kind of hidden cam video lol

Last edited by wc326 : May 10, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old May 11, 2012, 03:03 PM   #770
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Finished Uncharted Golden Abyss. Was tight. 9/10.
Played a lot of demos today. Liked the Rayman demo, will purchase on PC once it is cheap. Also played Wipeout 2048 and it was better than the PS3 version imo. Played Dynasty Warriors Next and quite enjoyed it. Also played Dungeon Hunter Alliance and that was good too; however, I couldn't figure out how to dodge/roll in that game. Also downloaded Lumines and it was decent fun. All in all good games for the handheld. However, really hurting due to 4 GB of memory. Went out to check pricing of 8 GB and it is going for 45 boners. That is a bit much for me imo considering I want to sell off the Vita.

One thing I am enjoying is the web browsing on my bed on the handheld. If youtube comes online then overall browsing experience is top notch. Good device and might be worth investing in some more games...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 03:24 PM   #771
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Just started playing Vita's Uncharted and not nearly as polished as the PS3 versions. The graphics are jaggy as hell, the animations are a bit clippy, the trophy collection system is redundand or just useless to the whole game, the environments don't change almost ever, and the touch screen controls scream, "WE DID THIS JUST BECAUSE SONY SAID WE HAD TO BUT WE HAD NO IDEA HOW TO MAKE IT ACTUALLY USEFUL OR FUN!!!!"

That being said, its a haldheld game. And as far as handheld games go, this one is a 9/10.

But I would have been mad if I paid $50 to play this on a $400 handheld. Thank God for my GameFly account and eBay (the reasons why this isn't costing me much).
Old May 11, 2012, 04:03 PM   #772
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Quote:
Just started playing Vita's Uncharted and not nearly as polished as the PS3 versions. The graphics are jaggy as hell, the animations are a bit clippy, the trophy collection system is redundand or just useless to the whole game, the environments don't change almost ever, and the touch screen controls scream, "WE DID THIS JUST BECAUSE SONY SAID WE HAD TO BUT WE HAD NO IDEA HOW TO MAKE IT ACTUALLY USEFUL OR FUN!!!!"

That being said, its a haldheld game. And as far as handheld games go, this one is a 9/10.

But I would have been mad if I paid $50 to play this on a $400 handheld. Thank God for my GameFly account and eBay (the reasons why this isn't costing me much).

I just dont understand why people give it a 9/10 because its a handheld game. I still think it should adhere to other standards on regular systems. If this same game came out on a PS3 or 360 it wouldnt even get any play at all.

Hell I dont even think it would get any play if it didnt have the Uncharted name attached to it. If they switched the main character to a guy named bob I bet you scores would have been 5/10 easy.

Old May 11, 2012, 06:40 PM   #773
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
I just dont understand why people give it a 9/10 because its a handheld game. I still think it should adhere to other standards on regular systems. If this same game came out on a PS3 or 360 it wouldnt even get any play at all.

Hell I dont even think it would get any play if it didnt have the Uncharted name attached to it. If they switched the main character to a guy named bob I bet you scores would have been 5/10 easy.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on the portability of the medium not mattering.
Old May 11, 2012, 07:53 PM   #774
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:

i still havn't touch my uncharted vita game..

uncharted just isn't for me. i really did not like the character that much in the game..

Old May 11, 2012, 08:23 PM   #775
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Quote:
I'm going to have to disagree with you on the portability of the medium not mattering.
Its not even close to console quality. As much as people want to say it is... its nowhere close. I like the Vita and all but not enough to call a crappy game good and give it a 9/10.

Negatives
  • Sub-Native Res
  • Limited Locales
  • Gimmicky Touch controls
  • Textures are garbage
  • sub 30 FPS
Positives
  • Its Uncharted

That said, its not a bad game... its just not a 9/10 game. I bought the game and have the platinum trophy in it.. so I played enough of the game to know all that it has to offer.

Old May 11, 2012, 09:02 PM   #776
Chubz

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought Uncharted was a really fun game with a very interesting storyline and characters I genuinely liked. I even thought in some spots, its visuals were awesome and comparable to modern consoles (see the screenshots below). It's been the best Vita game I've played thus far next to Mortal Kombat or Unit 13.

Old May 12, 2012, 01:41 AM   #777
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

The fact that its a portable game matters because a handheld is never going to be upto par with its contemporary home consoles. You're not supposed to have the same full-bodied experience of a home game. You're supposed to have something that will keep you wholly entertained while you're waiting at the doctor's office or on the subway
Old May 12, 2012, 08:33 AM   #778
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Uncharted is fantastic. Ignore logical...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 11:40 AM   #779
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
The fact that its a portable game matters because a handheld is never going to be upto par with its contemporary home consoles. You're not supposed to have the same full-bodied experience of a home game. You're supposed to have something that will keep you wholly entertained while you're waiting at the doctor's office or on the subway
The Vita is powerful enough that that doesn't have to be the case. It is a full fledged mobile console that can handle modern games. What needs to change is the developers attitudes.
Old May 12, 2012, 12:34 PM   #780
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
The Vita is powerful enough that that doesn't have to be the case. It is a full fledged mobile console that can handle modern games. What needs to change is the developers attitudes.
Quote: