Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Home Theaters and Photography
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Theaters and Photography Discussion forum for Home Theater enthusiasts and newbies. Also the place to discuss and post your photography ventures and queries.

"

Old May 8, 2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
BobbyRPI2712
Rage3D Veteran

BobbyRPI2712 is still being judged by the masses

Default Media Extenders/DVR/Bluray

I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to do the following, preferably in the least amount of devices possible:

1. Stream music from my PC to my home theater via wireless network.
2. DVR functionality that can be set up from my PC and/or home theater.
3. Play bluray 3D movies.

I imagine a HDHomerun Prime can handle the DVR functionality, but that leaves me with network DVR capability but no way to get the media to my home theater (Onkyo 509). I'd think I'd need a media extender of some sort, but don't want to buy a blu ray 3D player, and an extender. I can already stream music wirelessly with my Onkyo which supports DNLA, but I'd prefer a more powerful interface.

Is there a 3D bluray player out there that fits the bill for me as an extender as well?

Thanks.

BobbyRPI2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Redshirt_X
...dammit!

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There are 3D BD players with wireless and DLNA capability, yes...the Sony BDP-S590, for instance. The caveat is that you're going to be hard pressed to find a single player that plays everything format-wise--for instance, the above player AIUI doesn't play FLAC files; you might want to get an idea of what formats you want to be able to deal with before you start narrowing your choices down (or, alternately, use a media server application that can do transcoding).

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote