Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old May 8, 2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Supra_Freak
I did this to your momma!

Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default 1st Mothers Day Gift Idea's?

So my wife goes into the hospital tomorrow to be induced, and if all goes well we should have our new baby boy late tomorrow or early thursday. And since mothers day is this upcoming weekend i gotta get her something special since it will be her first mothers day.

I'm at a total loss.... if i had more time i would get the baby's foot print or hand print on something and put it in a frame, but that will be cutting it a bit too close plus he's gonna be newborn so momma's gonna be around 24/7.

So does anyone have any good idea's?

Edit: I know there is always the usual diamonds, but i was hoping to not go in that direction but instead do something else....

Last edited by Supra_Freak : May 8, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Supra_Freak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Mahjik
Rage3D Veteran

Mahjik once held a door open for a complete strangerMahjik once held a door open for a complete strangerMahjik once held a door open for a complete strangerMahjik once held a door open for a complete stranger

Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Supra_Freak

Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Supra_Freak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Smartass

I did that but was wanting to hear from some of the dad's on here.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 8, 2012, 02:41 PM   #4
pixie69
Not in the face!

pixie69 is still being judged by the masses

Book her a weekend away, so when the novelty wears off in a few months she can have a break from the tantrums, tears, poop and sleep deprivation. Jack up babysitting too, even more important. Take advantage of this tender time to get someone you trust to commit to giving you both a break for the weekend. Doesn't need to be flash. A full nights sleep alone will be a blessing.

Plus you get to go too and get your leg over in peace.

Next question.
Old May 8, 2012, 02:46 PM   #5
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Try to figure out what baby would get her if he could do more than cry, poop, eat, and vomit. Then of course say it's from him to her.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 02:51 PM   #6
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFat_Daddy_Cool can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

since it is the first mother's day gift. I would get a book on how to get the weight off, and then say you are a little chunky, then run off laughing.

Honestly get some non-toxic soft clay, offer to change the baby, have someone help. Put the baby's foot into a small caster only a print of the foot, and write in to the clay, My first mother's day gift for my mommy. Get it kilned. Give it and you shall be legend, but have diamonds ready just in case.
Fat_Daddy_Cool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 02:52 PM   #7
pixie69
Not in the face!

pixie69 is still being judged by the masses

good call on the clay
Old May 8, 2012, 02:55 PM   #8
Supra_Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Daddy_Cool View Post
since it is the first mother's day gift. I would get a book on how to get the weight off, and then say you are a little chunky, then run off laughing.

Honestly get some non-toxic soft clay, offer to change the baby, have someone help. Put the baby's foot into a small caster only a print of the foot, and write in to the clay, My first mother's day gift for my mommy. Get it kilned. Give it and you shall be legend, but have diamonds ready just in case.
lol good idea!

I came across this online.... what you guys think?

http://www.personalizationmall.com/F...ame-p9702.prod

Old May 8, 2012, 02:58 PM   #9
Mahjik
Rage3D Veteran

Mahjik once held a door open for a complete strangerMahjik once held a door open for a complete strangerMahjik once held a door open for a complete strangerMahjik once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Freak View Post
Smartass

I did that but was wanting to hear from some of the dad's on here.

Seriously, her getting her very first "Mother's Day" card is going to be more than enough. That in itself will likely bring our the tears. I would also suggest a scrapbook and then some flowers. That will be more than enough for a first Mother's Day. You also don't want to go too overboard as you will be setting a precedent on this first one.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 03:02 PM   #10
Supra_Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

Seriously, her getting her very first "Mother's Day" card is going to be more than enough. That in itself will likely bring our the tears. I would also suggest a scrapbook and then some flowers. That will be more than enough for a first Mother's Day. You also don't want to go too overboard as you will be setting a precedent on this first one.

LoL then il have to make sure each and every other one is just as good, haha thanks!

Old May 8, 2012, 03:03 PM   #11
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

card + baby foot/hand print as a signature would be pretty cool.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 03:04 PM   #12
Meteor_of_War
like tears in rain

Meteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Gift card to a local spa.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 03:08 PM   #13
Supra_Freak

I'm trying to think of some local place that would sell a clay that would even do that.....

definitely have a bunch of spa's around, so that's always a good idea, but i kinda wanna get her something that will last.

Old May 8, 2012, 03:20 PM   #14
Meteor_of_War
like tears in rain

Meteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Does she have a good camera?

When our son was born, we took TONS of pictures.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 03:22 PM   #15
Sazar
F@lding - Is it in you?

Sazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSazar considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Subscriber

Quote:
So my wife goes into the hospital tomorrow to be induced, and if all goes well we should have our new baby boy late tomorrow or early thursday. And since mothers day is this upcoming weekend i gotta get her something special since it will be her first mothers day.

I'm at a total loss.... if i had more time i would get the baby's foot print or hand print on something and put it in a frame, but that will be cutting it a bit too close plus he's gonna be newborn so momma's gonna be around 24/7.

Edit: I know there is always the usual diamonds, but i was hoping to not go in that direction but instead do something else....
Put a bow on the baby and... ta daa !!!
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 03:23 PM   #16
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
I'm trying to think of some local place that would sell a clay that would even do that.....

definitely have a bunch of spa's around, so that's always a good idea, but i kinda wanna get her something that will last.
You don't need to buy anything... make it yourself and she'll probably appreciate it even more

http://www.theimaginationtree.com/20...keepsakes.html
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 03:39 PM   #17
Supra_Freak

I think im gonna do the whole foot print/hand print idea. Thanks guys! It may have to be done AFTER mothers day, but atleast il have a card for her, haha.

Old May 11, 2012, 08:17 PM   #18
wabbitslayer
Public Offender

wabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channel

This is what all moms want for Mother's Day.
Trust me.

EDIT: BTW, baby yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 08:38 PM   #19
Greasy
Rage3D Spammer

Greasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Xanax. You can thank me later.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 10:34 PM   #20
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Allison popped out Jack April 6th and we are going shopping for jeans that will fit her for the next few months at her request. Also, I am getting her some nice matching flower planters with flowers for the front step. The ones we have been using do not match in appearance or height. She'll like it a lot.

Just get her something small that she will really appreciate like I am doing then spend quality time with her and the kid. She won't be able to be away from the baby for any length of time for at least 3 months, so don't worry about a weekend away yet.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows. 8.1

Last edited by Drunken Janitor : May 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 10:43 PM   #21
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

cheat on her with a married co-worker and tell her you want a divorce.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote